• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Challenging the cards in Yugioh Cannot apply to versus battles rule

Ok I’m talking about what was decided in this thread ->https://vsbattles.com/threads/yu-gi-oh-ratings.37490/

Saying that none of the card effects in the anime aren’t applicable to the characters themselves outside the game is completely shortchanging the verse

I’m not saying Kaiba should have attack reflection from having mirror force but what I am saying with certain characters they are able to utilize the cards themselves outside the game

Bakura for example is able to make his cards real utilizing his millennium ring to Make Both Man-eater bug and Morphing Jar attack Pegasus guards-even sending them to the real graveyard where they were then attacked byreaper of the cards

Other duelists with Millennium items should be capable of manifesting and utilizing monster cards outside the duel and have such added to their profile

Later in the series we are introduced to something called Psychic Duelists.Psychic Duelists such as Akiza and Sayer were capable of utilizing there cards outside of duels and harm people with them including Spell cards like Hinotama and Psychic Sword

so I think it’s not fair to not give certain Yugioh characters powers and abilities from their card effects with the pretense of “oh it’s a children’s card game” nothing special about it while ignoring the aspects that should be applied-not saying that yugi has a ohk move with Raigeki but Instead have possibly lightning manip added to his anime profile among other reasonable abilities from making the card real

I think it's fine for Bakura, and look at his deck to see what we could take off it, but I'm iffy on scaling it to other owners of Millennium items, as their powers are different and we don't know if they are able to summon said monsters.

I can't talk for Psychic Duelists, I'm not knowledgeable on 5ds.

@Zencha9 What do you think?

It is outdated by a bit, the cards themselves are usable its the effects that aren't.

Like for example, Bakura's Jar has a completely different effect than what it did to the guards.

delete the note in the verse page since it's not used anymore or just specify that not all card effects mirror the card effects in the game and that it's case by case scenario

Yeah I am sure Exodia has Instant Win Victory condition in battle. Sure worked nicely every time he has been beaten up like a punchbag.

Most of the card effects don't translate to real effects so no need to remove the note. Its pointless.

Yeah I am sure Exodia has Instant Win Victory condition in battle. Sure worked nicely every time he has been beaten up like a punchbag.

Most of the card effects don't translate to real effects so no need to remove the note. Its pointless.
But it’s still a case by case basis that the note fails to mention

Also Jack Atlas(and Carly) Caused an actual explosion after attacking with Exploder Dragonwing which damaged the roof of a hospital in episode 29 due to Dark Signers influence on the duel so dark signers also have the ability to make cards real

Last edited:

Exodia's instant win is just exod flame so it's obviously just game mechanics
but on the other hand you have the god cards and their divine hierarchy cucking everyone who isn't more divine than them

I don't think you guys are differentiating card effect from just general use.

Pretty clear card effects don't translate into actual abilities. Even your own examples don't have card effects

Last edited:
I don't think you guys are differentiating card effect from just general use.

Pretty clear card effects don't translate into actual abilities. Even your own examples don't have card effects
Hinotama inflicts burn damage like it says
Also I recall sayer could use brain control to brainwash people
Yubel could actually fuse the twelve worlds With super polymerazation

Last edited:
Hinotama inflicts burn damage like it says
Also I recall sayer could use brain control to brainwash people
Yubel could actually fuse the twelve worlds With super polymerazation
Yeah, that's the general gist of the card- but it's not like Hinotama literally destroys 1/8th of the opponent's life force or anything. It's just fire manip.

I am still not sure what exactly that we are supposed to do here.

I am still not sure what exactly that we are supposed to do here.
im not entirely sure either but SD seems to think that some gameplay elements shouldn't be assumed to be useable or something like that like burn damage
destroying life which i said im alright with and i think card effects should be evaluated case by case and and by what's been shown

Last edited:
Back