• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
BTW, sorry if this is a bit messy, my computer broke, so I had to make the blog entirely on mobile.

1st. I agree that the thread is significantly incorrect and outdated, and has definitely not aged well. It was half-baked given the nature of the issue at the time.

2nd. Bakura's feat does not work how you suggest it does. The entire point of the thread was that while the monsters and by technicality, spells and traps are real, their effects aren't (This needs to be more clear). Bakura's feat was direct proof of that, as instead of being a combination of life energy absorption and summoning negation [And yes, this is the anime effect, not TCG] that affects both sides, it was merely binding them.

3rd. Kaiba (Haven't seen it so I'll respond later)

4th. Obelisk was affected within the card game, so I'm not sure why this is proof of anything?

5th. Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon, interestingly enough with context, debunks your whole point.

"In the form of the God his name implies, Anubis stared down at everyone with the face of a jackal. The faces of everyone, who were standing still in amazement, were reflected in his beast-specific black eyes.

"And Game of Darkness was supposed to be over already!" Yugi exclaimed.

"That's impossible! This is the real world!" Kaiba too exclaimed. "

Yugi literally points out that the Game was supposed to be over, it's still active, hence why Anubis and by extension, BESD was real.

Now if you were arguing the effects become real in a Shadow Game, I would honestly agree, but it isn't specified here, so I'm not sure if that's your argument.

...And that's not all, as that brings a new issue.

"Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon: Sacrifice Ultimate to summon the mightiest dragon!

"Shining Burst"

Increase its attack power by 300 for each Dragon-type in your Cemetery.

"Shining Flare"

The player can choose whether to have the effects of a Magic, Trap, or Monster that target this card affect it or not. "Shining Nova"

By offering this card as a sacrifice, you can destroy any card on the field. " -Official Description within the Novel.

Literally, the one-time BESD was affecting Anubis, it happened by changing/ignoring over HALF of the effects. It's requirement to summon, its restriction to one card destroyed, the fact that the card burns up after use, etc. So even in the best case scenario, it would mean that not all of the effects translate to the actual world.

6. Arc-V is perhaps, the biggest counterpoint to your argument.

"One single world… In that world, Real Solid Vision was already implemented. However, it was still in the early stage of its development. Its use was limited to interior decoration for residential homes and advertising."

Leo literally states that solid vision, the thing making the monsters real, wasn't even used for monsters before he made it so. Everything takes place before Arc-V's dimensional split, much more so before Leo's birth. That is a statement suggesting the effects weren't even real before Arc-V, much less so before every other series.

If you were to read Yugi's statement, he said it was supposed to be over. That implies it isn't (If we're going by a grammatical basis, if you were to suggest that the author messed up, I could see that, but you would need proof).

I mentioned Arc-V already?

I don't see how Solid Vision being in use before being used as monsters contradicts anything. Perhaps you could explain that more?

I guess you do have a point about not everything translating to the real world though. That is certainly something I can accept. However, that requires alot of nuance.

Even if the effects themselves aren't real, at least not in the original, they can very clearly use spells and materialize them.

As for Obelisk, i admit I don't quite get your point. My argument was that the spells themsleves are real and can affect things like divinity.

Anyway, there is something I want to clarify though. I don't mean that game mechanics themselves can be used, but rather the effects of those. I don't think things like Chain Energy can be used, but the chains themselves can. Things like destruction are at best one-hit kills. This is mostly a rebuttal to the idea cards cannot be used at all. IMO, tbings like monster rebor are applicable, where something like magicwl mallet or catapault turtle isn't. It really is just a matter of verse equalization.

Solid Vision is why the everything is tangible in Arc-V. Otherwise, everything would just be holograms.

Oh yeah, I have no problem with spells and traps being real. That's already been accepted (Some spells and traps are even historical events for example in the Duel Terminal storyline) My issue is the effects.

My point was that Obelisk being affected isn't really major, since the card effect would work in a card game anyways? Obelisk wasn't making him body tangible or anything, if I remember correctly. Though then again, the card doesn't have the ability to up the divinity rank? Thought that was just because of Obelisk's other form?

Oh, I see. Then I think the disagree would be to the degree of which the effects can be used.

So you agree that solid vision is real?

I agree. The problem is deciding what cards directly coorelate to their effects.

No, Obelisk's rank was affected. It's new form was a result of that divine increase

Obviously.

Though I still don't get how ARC-V is a counterpoint.

Can we please move to the blog itself?

Its really confusing to know what exactly are you refering to.

Because, i really would like to talk about the monster effects shown in the anime and how stuff like Shining Dragon´s effect is as consistent as ever.

And effects that are consistently shown to have the same result to be applied as hax.

@Rapid

Perhaps not totally consistent, but things like crush card virus being disease manip are obvious.

You can link th capsule monsters blog too, since it has correlations.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:RapidMotorcycle19/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Capsule_Monsters

Yeah, here is a complete breakthru of all 12 episodes and various feats which include dodging light, Yugi using saint seiya armors, a crazy mind manipulation counter, using Magic Cylinder in real life to reverse an attack and more.

---

Shining Dragon IS consistent.

The only difference they still being on a dark game is if only Millenium Item users can use DM effects in real life or everyone can

It really is a non argument at this point.

---

Every single time other effects like Infinite Obelisk are shown they are always consistent.

Yugi didnt murder kaiba when using Infinite Obelisk because they were not on a dark game, Marik negated Inifnite Obelisk´s attack with a trap card before the attack actually landed, etc.

There is not a single point in Yu-Gi-Oh history infinite Obelisk is inconsistent.

While we're talking about Anime Bakura he's missing an intelligence section and his hour glass items (How he manipulated time in the Shadow RPG) need to be listed.

@Yobo yeah, I agree its real. But not relevant to anything pre-Arc V.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Divine_Evolution <It literally says nothing regarding to divine rank. It seems to be a case like metalmorph + red-eyes.

Arc-V is a counterpoint as it literally is about the monsters becoming real after all this time.

@Rapid

How is BESD consistent? I've already pointed out in my response to Yobo that it is definitely not.

This Obelisk consistency thing again? The "consistency" is because he has never been used irl except for season 5, where he didn't use the effect because ?

I actually think Data summarized my thoughts on this issue before.

Clearly, the card art/animation takes precedence over the effect. If the two contradict one another, the former takes precedence.

However, the effect does have real world applications, as evidenced by Shining Blue Eyes, even though it is lessened. Essentially, the effects can be used if they don't contradict the art, at least with minor things like one-hit kill or debuffs.

This is consistent with how ARC-V treats its Solid Vision, which is also in the manga, which is likely canon to the anime.

However, the animation does take precedence, as previously stated.

@Data

Divine Evolution in context was used to raise it's rank. I can't find the direct scan, but I have a link to the manga online, so I'll try and find it.

Ah, thats what you were saying.

I wasn't trying to say that things were real before solid vision, but rather that solid vision is comparable to the previous egyptian magic, and as such should be comparable and can be used as a sort of guideline/basis for this. Of course, even if it isn't, it still affects Yuya.

>How is an effect that has been used the same way in the movie and novel consistent?

Are you lisrening to yourself? Your best argument os why Yugi was able to summon it without having to do the summoning conditions. But summonong stuff without the conditions is literally done multiple times in Yugioh, spcially the anime.

Obvious example, Kaiba with Blue Eyes.

Hell, look at this clip. https://youtu.be/dGctQgTS1uo

Kaiba summons ultimate dragon if he wants to by literally WILLING a duel disk into his arm, and having him attack the 100% demon of darkness.

Are you KIDDING me when you are saying Shining Dragon isnt consistent, data?

Sorry if i am being somewhat rude, but ive said quite a bit on how most effects are consistent across the series.

Stuff like Zarc inventing a new summoning method out of nowherenliterally do nothing but to make the point more clear.

The monsters, and thus, their effects are NOT limited by the "Game", And have been seen multiple times doing the effect as shown on the card.

Hell, both Yugi and Kaiba can active polymeri on will alone, he is a clip of Yugi jumping off a valcony and FUSING with Kaiba and the Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon by freaking WILL alone. >But! Th-This is different from the card!

No it freaking isnt, Plymerization just FUSED two Blue Eyes just like in the game, fusing Yugi and Kaiba together JUST LIKE IN THE CARD. IM REAL LIFE.

Seriously, at this point the Bakura thing is a literal outlier/not argument.

https://youtu.be/kQfCdY7eQA4

Rapid, can you tone it down a bit? Data has not even responded to my last point yet. Try not to escalate thinga.

Did Kaiba use the scale to create Ultimate Dragon? Im fine with BEUD/Kaiba fusing with Yugi needing prep, but not BEUD.

He didnt need the scale, now, did he?

Back