• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Your favorite character tries to survive Cthulhu Mythos

Ragna the Bloodedge (BlazBlue): He would probably last for some time but would get stomped badly by the higher Cthulhu Mythos creatures. Though given the fact that his Azure Grimoire were the remains of the Black Beast and adding the fact he can become The Black Beast which itself is an Eldritch Abomination since the original Black Beast was born in the Boundary. This along with the fact that Ragna's Azure Grimoire would spread seither if overflowed which would corrupt the world and cover it in seither making them turn into monsters like Arakune. So in short he would probably get a cult worshipping his Azure Grimoire and they would call him the Black Beast much to Ragna's annoyance.

Yu Narukami (Persona): He wouldn't last long but he would try his best to save people and use his Persona and bonds to try and hold off the Cthulhu Mythos creatures but who knows with the use of his Persona Izanagi might build a cult following.

Jellal Fernandez (Fairy Tail): He would try to defend people from cultists and would be a great defence but he would die and be mind raped by various Cthulhu like monsters if he faces them though he would be a good vessel for some monsters.

Itachi Uchiha (Naruto): Itachi would help other people and when it comes to fight he would fight them but maybe use his Mangekyo Sharingan to his best to try and hold them off but sadly he would lose.

Hei (Darker than Black): He would probably mind his own business since he would not want to get into any contact with the monsters since he isn't that type of a person to really get involved.

Yu Kanda (D.Gray-Man): He would soon get involved when the Black Order thinks the Cthulhu and other eldritch abominations are Akuma and they would get stomped badly.

Last edited:
Lucas: the only thing he has to protect himself is his fate hax, but since he is a good boy he won't do anything stupid

Subaru: He suffers nonstop so much but this time, times it by a billion! Also some of the Cthulhu monsters notice Subaru's little "power" and become interested in how amusing it is.

People cant compare things if you cant show them what a char can do either through a Profile or through quotes/images/videos, etc what you say has no value.

There are though. There's no way to know if what you're saying is valid otherwise.

There are though. There's no way to know if what you're saying is valid otherwise.
oof, basically by existing on the same level as Wuji would equate to the individual reaching an absurdly high level of transcendences over a typical type 4 transdual being which is already a 1A feat by wiki standards. and what I mean as absurd is that the transcendences are truly immeasurable in the sense that the it no longer has any 'limitations' due to its very nature.

They probably are. The worst thing they could deal with is Nyar deciding to f*ck with them. Which is a pretty notable concern.

Nyarlathotep screws with lesser beings on the daily (if that even applies to beyond-dimensional beings).

Though he has a fair chance of not being noticed. As do many people on this thread.

That's still 1-A tho. "No limitations" gunk means jack.
here's the thing, Wuji is immeasurable it is devoid of all things and non-things. It is the bipolarity of Taiji and transcends it by an incomprehensible value that it won't be reached no matter how high you transcend. the same expression 'limitless' should be translated as 'ultimate of beinglessness,' for the negative element is no longer qualifying the word 'limit' but is rather qualified by the word 'limit,' which causes an immeasurable upward spiral of transcendences that could no longer be reached no matter what values are used to describe it as all values are no longer applicable to Wuji.

Fmi, ask @Udlmaster

That sounds NLF as hell and it probably is but I really don't have the energy to go back and forth on this so eh, sure/

This is NLF at its peak right here
......So you're agreeing with me??? I tell you limitless gunk means jack and you reply with limitless gunk.....

By this logic, Orphic Zeus is Tier 0 cuz he's evrywhere and eveything

......So you're agreeing with me??? I tell you limitless gunk means jack and you reply with limitless gunk.....

By this logic, Orphic Zeus is Tier 0 cuz he's evrywhere and eveything
I mean Wuji is a really huge NLF amp on transduality type 4.

The hell is orphic Zeus?

What if my favourite character is Nyarlathotep?
Jokes aside I can't really think of any notable characters because tbh a lot of The Cthulhu Mythos can be survived if you aren't actively seeking out the Eldritch horrors, though if you ever catch the attention of Nyarlathotep you're most likely either to go mad or die a horrible death.

Humans survive it just fine. Honestly, if someone isn't very high key they're fine.

@Planck69 well a lot of that survival comes from the fact that humanity is irrelevant in the eyes of the Outer Gods but yeah as long as you aren't doing stuff which can get their attention they'll leave you alone

@Greatsage13th it's not really a high tier that causes Nyarlathotep's attention, Nyarlathotep will just screw with anyone to fulfil it's desire of chaos. Though if you go by Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath and Randolph Carter, any human with some power source is most likely to attract Nyarlathotep's interest

Izaya Orihara probably remains fine... until he discovers about the Mythos creatures and seeks them out.
Probably ends up being under Nyarlathotep's influence. They'll probably get along well.

He probably gets used as a sacrifice before that
That's pretty much how getting along with the Outer Gods would end up though
But if he's already existing in the Mythos it makes sense if he was already connected through Nyarlathotep in the first place.

Honestly, I would've liked seeing Lovecraft actually focus on the Mythos as opposed to treating it as relatively tangential. A shame he passed before he could do that. RIP Man-With-Unmentionable-Cat-Name,

Eh tbf that kind of would've ruined the whole idea of fear of the unknown and there exists unknown Eldritch aliens so incomprehensibly above humanity's existence that they view us as being insects and having no relevancy in the universe.
Is it frustrating in terms of narrative? Yes, but I always felt that Lovecraft was the rejection of human inference in cosmic stories

At the Mountains of Madness is one of my favorites and it wasn't all about fear of the unknown or Mythos beings that are so far above humanity (except for our usual unnamed evil in the different mountain range).
Although I can't say that Lovecraft would've continued making similar stories, since this novella was panned back then IIRC.

Back