• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Your favorite character tries to survive Cthulhu Mythos

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
Title says it all, your favourite character is thrown into the chtulhu mythos version of planet earth. Can they survive? If not, how long do they last?

i think yog would be totally fine on earth from the cthuhu mythos.

all jokes aside escanor gets yeeted if he interacts with literally any creature.

Anyway, here we go:

• Peridot: Probably just become yet another alien who doesn't stand out that much.
  • Joel: I have no ******* idea what he would do.
  • Sherlock Holmes: Something that seem to be happening around 1880s England in the Mythos are a cult that worships Nyarlathotep, so he would probably get involved into that mess. This is also the point in time where The Colour Out of Space is happening, but I don't think that was near England.
  • Giorno Giovanna: The only thing that seems to happen in Italy is a Necronomicon being printed, and that was way back in the 16th century, so I don't think it would affect anything.
  • Wendy O. Koopa: Would someone form a cult for her?
  • Ice King: Not sure, actually; it depends whether he can just stay out of trouble or not.
  • Yoshikage Kira: Lives a quiet life and never comes in contact with any eldritch horror at any point.
  • Hikari and Gatomo: They might mistake the aliens for Digimon or something, I don't know.
  • Spike the Drago: Probably wouldn't get involved in anything.
  • Princess Morbucks: Probably wouldn't get involved in anything.
  • Pearl: The Gems try to protect the Earth and get murdered.
  • Princess Daisy: Probably wouldn't get involved in anything.
  • Roll: Probably wouldn't get involved in anything.
  • The Doctor: Wait a sec, didn't this already happen?

Most of the characters I love will be fine as long as they don't piss anything off or thier basically ****** at that point.

Solid snake,sekiro,ashen one,slave knight Gael, Arthur morgan, dipper pines, agent 47, sandor clegane, iron man, hulk, Joel, Ellie, Booker DeWitt, Elizabeth and many more would be fine as long as they don't **** with eldritich forces.

The beings after the first gate are beyond the beings before the first gate in the way that beings after the first gate are to old ones what 1A great old ones are to humans. So basically they view these great old ones 1A as nothing. This level of transdence qualified for a tier 0 rating for other beings in this wiki but the beings after the first gate still have an infinite amount of gates above them which I think is why they aren't rated tier 0.

If this is a gauntlet thing, all of my favorite characters eventually die.

However, if the scenario is literally "your favorite character is now on Lovecraft planet Earth, and now they have to live here", then a few of my favorite characters actually do survive, due to not being stupid or gullible enough to go looking into all of the unknown/unknowable shit that exists in the verse.

Flagg for example is likely way too savvy about how this sort of stuff works, and thereby wouldn't pursue anything that seemed likely to lead him into confrontation with any of the verse's power players. If anything, he'd probably end up as one of Nyarlathotep's agents, since they're basically the same character with some differences (Flagg was even implied to be Nyar in The Stand at one point) and the former is really good at throwing entire nations into chaos, which the latter would absolutely approve of.

John deals with cosmic bullshit on a regular basis. Outsiders are basically shit-tier Outer Gods, and he's already well aware of the fact that the best tactic when dealing with anything he can't hax into the ground is to be somewhere else. He constantly advises against looking into the kind of Lovecraftian occult bullshit that gets most people in the CM works killed or driven mad, and he'd certainly recognize it if he ever saw it for himself. And anything less than Outer God/Great Old One level is getting their ass kicked six ways to Sunday if they interfere with John's business as the new Walker.

Calypso would probably end up as a Nyarlathotep minion like Flagg, since again, he enjoys chaos and has already made a (literal) game out of having people destroy parts of the world (and each other) for his own enjoyment. He also doesn't really care about having more power; with his genie powers and his Twisted Metal contest, he's already got everything he wants.

Last edited:
Tough to say for me here, especially as I happen to know a couple characters that actually ARE Nyarlathotep or at least its incarnations but they aren't quite my fave characters I would say. Though for both they'd pretty much do their thing while acting as Nyar's Avatars/Incarnations, especially one of them who happens to be that verses version of Thomas Edison...well minus the fact that in said verse Edison ate up Yog-Sothoth and became all of space-time...yes I kid you not.

As for my actual faves on-topic:

• Fate Cu: Dies at some point as per his fate.
  • Dr. Gii: Probably does his best to do his doctor stuff with his Cracking powers only to end up possibly failing since it doesn't work on the supernatural (and considering this series, he's probably gonna fail pretty badly and might even despair later on if it happens more often...who knows)
  • Dio Brando: Gets pretty arrogant and or confused at anything depending where he is and what Mythos shit is happening at the time. Probably tries to get followers or some such like he does in his home series but dk what happens from then on.
  • Toriko: Probably ends up eating something he should w/o knowing and something wierd and likely horrific happens to him, I'd imagine.
...Hmm well that's just to name a few here ^^;

So, does this mean that all of Lovecraft creatures are before first gate? And are these chain of gates continues infinitly until Azatoth?

there are creature before and after all gates. the gates stop at the ultimate gate where the outer gods reside beyond. but the outer gods have higharchies of their own and at the top there is azathoth. even though that azathoth isnt the real 'true' azathoth. same goes for all other outer gods. they are simply too transcendent.

Gunvolt would see some giant tentacle monster thing attacking humans, get all mad at it and try to fight it after some speech about justice and how humans had done nothing to it, then instantly get AP Stomped and Haxstomped

Dimentio just leaves to dimension D

Sans is too lazy to get involved

Toad would stay out of it as well

The Simpsons would stay away

Snatcher would avoid everything

Chris Mclain and Chef Hatchet would be out of there quickly

Iggy I don't know

My Dog would stay far enough away

Asriel Dreemurr would probably be fine and may even try to fight a few of them. Who's the strongest character in this verse?

Ampharos probably survives untill it tries to do anything to the beasts.

Luffy tells cthulhu he will become king of the pirates before cthuhu uses its mind control abilities to make luffy relive the ace death ecperience

ShockingPsychic said:
Asriel Dreemurr would probably be fine and may even try to fight a few of them. Who's the strongest character in this verse?

Ampharos probably survives untill it tries to do anything to the beasts.
If he fights anyone he dies. 90% of the verse is 1-A.

If he fights anyone he dies. 90% of the verse is 1-A. </div>

0-0 oh. I saw Cthulhu was 4-B and assumed that that was around the peak. He could still maybe reset the timelime to before they got to earth? And he could still take Sloggoth and Cthulhu.

What makes you think doing anything to time means anything to guys who exist beyond it? 1-A's give zero ***** about time.

Beating up Cthulhu runs the risk of pissing off one of his 1-A family members.

Rimuru, Umm, how far could he go? The hax's that he owns would be useful, so I do not know if he gets to face Tier-1's.
Lmao, Rimuru gets the ultimate skill Void God Azathoth

well none of my favorites stand a chance in a gauntlet scennairio but just arriving on cuthulu earth?

Ainz...Learns of beings beyond his comprehension and goes into hiding, orders the guardians to not leave the tomb and never to emerge again. Saying that nazericks defenses are irriatating enough most lesser beings won't bother with it and anything higher will view it as beneath their notice. So crippling paranoia for the win?

Alex mercer, Likely driven even more insane by devouring some cultist, avoids danger, and hops around replacing random humans for all eternity. Possibly becomes a famed researcher into elederitch knowledge? Alex personality isn't exactly liable to avoid learning more about elderitch horrors. Im not really sure how his mind will deal with the sheer insanity cuthulu verse has to offer, though I imagine he fairs better than most other researchers in the feild. Though I wonder what his biology would tell him after devouring a sample from a shoggoth...

Back