• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
While we mourn the massive downgrade of the MCU God Tiers, the mid-tiers might actually get an upgrade.

Firstly, I have recalculated Thor tanking Sokovia. The value is slightly lower, but still Large Town level. So nothing special about that.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan/Sokovia_recalc

However, in the same calculation, something interesting. Iron Man was actually at the bottom of the detonation, and assuming he's all the way at the bottom of the spine, he would still have tanked City Block level energy. So we might be able to UPGRADE the mid-tiers.

DMUA has already accepted the calculation, and SuperAPM said that he thinks it should be fine to use for Iron Man's Mark 45 and onwards. However, I don't think it was every canonically stated that Mark 45 was upgraded or what. Also I'm not sure would this scale to Captain America and co, or just his shield or something? I'm uncertain on that too. Making the likes of Cap and BP 8-B though is iffy to say the least.

What do you guys think?

Well, I just checked, Captain America actually scales to his own feats. It's just that his shield that scales to Iron Man. So this upgrade should be fine.

All right first things first....I was sure I was about to be pulled into another massive mcu crt that would drain my very soul....This is a rather large relief :p

Now onto the main point of this crt, Im fine with the mark 45 being upgraded, while its not directly stated to be superior its seems like a safe assumption as he's clearly done some reworking on the suit

Thor tanking the blast should be fine to scale to iron man thor and hulk. The issue comes with BP and cap, I have to agree upgrading them to 8b feels out there to me. Personally I think our best bet is to simply scale caps shield as it's canonically able to handle blows from opponents vastly superior to him. Im agianst it fully scaling to his regular ap/dura.

Nija'd if we're just scaling his sheild shouldn't really be any issue.

Also I was just checking out how much would Casket of Ancient Winters freezing a lake in Thor would be. Got somewhere around 330 kT. High 7-C again

Just saying, what would be the energy the required to crack Sokovia? Coz by Newton's 3rd law that would scale to the the hammer and Hela destroyed that hammer easily.

To crack it? Can't say the statement is very vague. Could crack it into fifths, thirds, sixths, could frag the thing we have absolutely no context for what kind of damage thor would have produced on his own thus we don't have enough information to calc it.

Basic fragmentation. By Friday's words it seems like if Thor hit it, Sokovia would break but the pieces would be very big and cause damage

Dino already tried that iirc and was told no because we don't know how large the chunks would be, thor could split the thing in half for all we know. Im pretty sure the old value was 7b as well but he was told to just throw it out cause we didn't have enough info to actually use it.

Yeah not sure we'd accept that Iirc the thread denied the idea the vibranuim amped thors attack instead claiming it simply spread his energy out allowing it to hit all of sokovia. Basically ignoring the whole heat seal and atomic energy doubling back statment.

Irrc Dino used to have the frag value for sokovia on his downgrade blog but was told by others to remove it as the feat wasn't calculable and didn't have overly relevant results

edit can somone link the feat for his hammer going to space the video isn't their for me.

Like I said, I think it would be fine to scale this to even his Mark 43 onwards, since its never implied that he performed any upgrades when replacing the 43 with the 45, it was more just a last minute replacement. So they should be comparable.

But it would make sense that Stark would want to upgrade his suit post IM3 with how he was in Age of Ultron, what with all his drones and all.

So all and all, I'd say its fine to make his Mark 6-42 High 8-C whilst making his Mark 43, 45, 46 and 47 8-B.

I'll admit, i was surprised to see the MCU getting such downgrade. I mean, i prefer DC and many other verses but i still love the MCU and it was rather strong (it still is with some characters like Ego or Dormammu) so it's a bit...sad lol.

Seems fine to me as well.

I think everything the XLIII (the one from Iron Man 3) and everything lower shouldn't scale, as that armour is called a prototype that's "not combat ready" by JARVIS.

However, I don't think that means it shouldn't be downgraded City Block level, since I don't have evidence for it to be half as weak. Every other lower armour should, as they were completely fodderized by Killian's heat.

Eh, it's safer to assume Mk. 45 is superior to previous suits.

This makes anything post-Iron Man 3 8-B I guess

I suppose that makes sense. It also means the Ferry feats would scale to this new key.

By the way, can the Iron Spider armor be scaled from the Hulkbuster since both of them could fight off hordes of Outriders for extended times?

It's a stretch, but idk, just asking

Pretty much everyone could do that. Also, if Spider-Man is 10x stronger than an Outrider and still capable of one-shotting them, and Hulkbuster was 100x stronger, then it really wouldn't make much of a difference in terms of a fight.

Given the response's, I'd say Stark's Keys and Tiering would look like this:

Tier: 9-C. 8-C with Gauntlet | 8-C | 8-C+ | High 8-C, 8-A at peak | 8-B | High 7-C | 7-B | 7-B

Key:
Tony Stark | Mark 1 | Mark 2-5 | Mark 6-42 | Mark 43-47 | Mark 44 (Hulkbuster Armor) | Mark 50 (Bleeding Edge Armor) | Mark 85

Is this fine?

More like this: Tony Stark | Mark 1 | Mark 2-5 | Mark 6-43 | Mark 45-47 | Mark 44 (Hulkbuster Armor) | Mark 50 (Bleeding Edge Armor) | Mark 85

The 45 performed this feat.

That, or we could scale to his actual feats instead of guide books.

I'm just saying that the Mark 43 was the armor he used in the beginning of AoU, I don't think its a stretch to assume it should be comparable to the 45. Of course I haven't watched AoU in about 5 years, so, correct me if I'm wrong in saying that there was no implication of a power increase between the 43 and 45?

8-B, 8-A at peak actually since nothing dictates he couldn't re-do the Helicarrier feat again. Not to mention that his AoU arc reactor is by default better than the one in the first Avengers movie

@APM Tbh, I don't really mind. It's more of a technicallity than anything.

Should he still have that feat linked on his profile? Since the feat wass done over time, its not exactly combat applicable or relevant to his moment to moment AP. I don't see any fight situations where he'd be able to spin around for 50 seconds before landing a strike, if that even still translates to him generating 8-A level power in said strike.

Zark's suggestion is fine. I'll rework his tiering:

Tier: 9-C. 8-C with Gauntlet | 8-C | 8-C+ | High 8-C, 8-A overtime | 8-B, 8-A overtime | High 7-C | 7-B | 7-B

Key:
Tony Stark | Mark 1 | Mark 2-5 | Mark 6-42 | Mark 43-47 | Mark 44 (Hulkbuster Armor) | Mark 50 (Bleeding Edge Armor) | Mark 85

I still think the AoU and onwards keys should be on separate profiles, that looks clustered AF

Eh, I feel making separate profiles for a single character is a bit unnecessary, even if it would alleviate clutter. Perhaps we can remove Stark's key from the equation, or maybe we should merge the Mark 50 and 85 together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back