• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Using energy from the soul equals to the same purpose that ki has, false equivalence.
I don't think you know what a false equivalence means.
Because it's power is superior to the other swords in abilities as Excalibur is directly originated from those, that's like trying to say that Solaris doesn't have Mephiles and Iblis's abilities despite them being parts of him.
I'm pretty sure the exaclibur has the powers of other swords in the profile, yet it doesn't have ki based power null, and also you haven't actually shown an example of any sword power nulling ki, you said that one sword can intercept a ki attack which probably requires a scan and is not even the same thing.

I'm pretty sure the exaclibur has the powers of other swords in the profile, yet it doesn't have ki based power null, and also you haven't actually shown an example of any sword power nulling ki, you said that one sword can intercept a ki attack which probably requires a scan and is not even the same thing.
That would be the case as Excalibur only appears after all three swords merge together and only knowledgeable members would be placed in charged of creating the profile

Alright, as I will show in the clip below, Shadow uses the same Soul Surge ability that Sonic has, the latter uses this entire energy as the foundation of his special abilities, such as the Chaos Punish. (btw this isn't magic, since Shadow is directly manipulating Chi here)

I also showed a direct gif of Sonic intercepting the attack by simply blocking, considering Excalibur's power null is not AP-based, it works on this same foundation, since it can directly intercept soul energy attacks from those kind of enemies when these powers are combined.

Alright, as I will show in the clip below, Shadow uses the same Soul Surge ability that Sonic has, the latter uses this entire energy as the foundation of his special abilities, such as the Chaos Punish. (btw this isn't magic, since Shadow is directly manipulating Chi here)

I also showed a direct gif of Sonic intercepting the attack by simply blocking, considering Excalibur's power null is not AP-based, it works on this same foundation, since it can directly intercept soul energy attacks from those kind of enemies when these powers are combined.

How is a soul based ability manipulating chi? this isn't power nulling, intercepting is not power nulling at all, if he can power null magic, it doesn't mean he should also be able to power null ki if that was even ki, that's just giving sonic abilities that he's never shown.

How is a soul based ability manipulating chi? this isn't power nulling, intercepting is not power nulling at all, if he can power null magic, it doesn't mean he should also be able to power null ki if that was even ki, that's just giving sonic abilities that he's never shown.
Chi is considered any source of vital energy that one living organism has, Sonic uses energy from his own soul to augment the power of his strikes and increase his speed, that's considered Chi manip by our own standards, there is no need to contest that.

Shadow uses the same Soul Surge ability that Sonic has
SHADOW??? How dare you you vile fiend. That is Sir Lancelot, the ULTIMATE KNIGHT. You shall give him the proper respect he deserves and beg for his forgiveness.
the latter uses this entire energy as the foundation of his special abilities, such as the Chaos Punish. (btw this isn't magic, since Shadow is directly manipulating Ki here)
Soul Surge is literally called out to be a game mechanic/system of energy used for Sonic, SIR LANCELOT and other characters to use their abilities (but that's not what's important here) What SIR LANCELOT is doing is called Energy Manipulation, Shadow himself is the POSTER CHILD for the Energy Manipulation Page and again SIR Lancelot doesn't have CHI Manipulation.
Blocking attacks has nothing to do with power nulling
It's not soul energy attacks its CHAOS ENERGY ATTACKS
The Gif you showed me I saw sonic running and charging right through Chaos Blast (unless I don't know how blocking looks anymore) and even then that appeared to be sonic doing that not Caliburn himself and even then it only goes to show that Caliburn's forcefields can tank shadows chaos energy attacks and again it's been shown throughout multiple series for forcefields to have a nulling effect that isn't really nulling

Without a CTR or a statement about it being in caliburn/excalibur's ability set to null energy attacks, were literally going off an image that can be interpreted too many different ways and needs more context

Chi is considered any source of vital energy that one living organism has, Sonic uses energy from his own soul to augment the power of his strikes and increase his speed, that's considered Chi manip by our own standards, there is no need to contest that.
I COMPLETELY agree that SONIC can use CHI
What I don't agree with is Caliburn being able to do the same (since he isn't a soul energy user)
And also that Caliburn can't negate Ki attacks without proper context

Alright sonic has chi, but it's application is to increase strength and speed, not energy attacks like in dragon ball. The other thing is that the sword doesn't have feats of nulling that power let alone actual chi energy blasts. If you think otherwise you should make a CRT, since this isn't even on the profile.

Soul Surge is literally called out to be a game mechanic/system of energy used for Sonic, SIR LANCELOT and other characters to use their abilities (but that's not what's important here) What SIR LANCELOT is doing is called Energy Manipulation, Shadow himself is the POSTER CHILD for the Energy Manipulation Page and again SIR Lancelot doesn't have CHI Manipulation.
The soul energy mechanic system that's used by both of them is what considered a form of chi manip to begin with, if that's not listed in Lancelot's page then it should be simply corrected apart of those things around.
Blocking attacks has nothing to do with power nulling
It's not soul energy attacks its CHAOS ENERGY ATTACKS
The Gif you showed me I saw sonic running and charging right through Chaos Blast (unless I don't know how blocking looks anymore) and even then that appeared to be sonic doing that not Caliburn himself and even then it only goes to show that Caliburn's forcefields can tank shadows chaos energy attacks and again it's been shown throughout multiple series for forcefields to have a nulling effect that isn't really nulling
Caliburn contributes for the defensive tactic of how Sonic directly fights, it doesn't directly showcase how exactly Sonic is the only one responsible for this entire influence.

The soul energy mechanic system that's used by both of them is what considered a form of chi manip to begin with, if that's not listed in Lancelot's page then it should be simply corrected apart of those things around.
I suppose I'll agree to that
Caliburn contributes for the defensive tactic of how Sonic directly fights, it doesn't directly showcase how exactly Sonic is the only one responsible for this entire influence.
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about
The context as to what's happening and who's doing what Isn't definitive
And regardless of whether or not Excalibur can or can't completely negate Ki is still as vague and dubious as ever before

So we are right back to square one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back