• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chaos Emeralds have unlimited power, turn thoughts into energy (Like was said before by Greenshifter), are fueled by emotions (Aka, they have positive and negative Facets, with Sonic seen primarily using Positive aspects of the Emeralds). Basically, the best way to explain it is that The Chaos Emeralds are reactive to the thoughts and feelings of the user, and use their infinite power to try it's best to make said thoughts a reality and fulfill said emotions. This should extend to Chaos Energy in general, since Chaos Emeralds are, for the most part, the source of Chaos Energy.

Time Stop, Invulnerability, Flight, Acausality- All of these can be assumed to simply be a by product of what was previously stated- All mainly only occurring because the Emeralds try to assist the user with their thoughts and feelings and making them reality. In a sense, you could claim it's all derivative of thought based Reality Warping, though I'm not the expert on how this wiki actually treats that possibility. The Emeralds are even shown to try and Negate a foe's aspect's that may get in the way of their user fulfilling their wishes- Such as how some of these beings gain the ability to harm one another.

Tl;dr, Chaos Emeralds, and by Proxy the Chaos Energy from said Emeralds, are extremely linked with a user's Thoughts and Feelings, both Positive and Negative, and grant various effects based off these Thoughts and Feelings.
This isn't similar to anything in DBH.

Chaos Energy is the mystical power found in unlimited reserve within various relics in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, such as the seven Chaos Emeralds. Chaos Energy is a highly potent "super substance" that is said to give life to all things, and possesses very powerful properties and abilities; anyone who channels all seven Chaos Emeralds can control "ultimate power". As such, it is constantly sought by Villains like Dr. Eggman for their immense power.The powers and potency of Chaos Energy can vary according to the situation, their usage and the user's aptitude for said power. The power of each Chaos Emerald is described as being able to “transform thoughts into power”, being "enriched by the heart". Akin to batteries, the Emeralds have positive and negative polarity. Beings driven by inherently negative thoughts such as megalomania, hatred, or anger like Chaos or Dark Shadow harness Negative Chaos Energy, which is inferior to the true power of the Emeralds, which is Positive Chaos Energy, which of course is harnessed by individuals with positive thoughts, such as friendship and the desire to do good.

The difference with Ki are that Chaos Energy is found in relics rather than everywhere.

Verse equalization: Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen.

Furthermore, attacks that require a special type of energy to be effective, like anti-magic requiring magic, will be assumed to work against the energies of different Verses, as long as they are somehow similar and the mechanics are somehow compatible with the known mechanics behind the energies from different Verses. For example, mind control resistance by being a capable mind user would also work against other Verses, but mind control resistance through a strong will would not necessarily work against mind control from other Verses. It is also important to note that characters won't lose or gain any abilities or resistances which they do or do not inherently possess. However, if an ability has a weakness, condition, caveat, or limitation, consistently shown throughout its use (such as not working on characters under a specific condition, like energy gap) or stated by a valid and uncontradicted statement, then it should be applicable after the equalization.

Equalization works highly on a case-by-case basis, so many relevant cases should be discussed in the versus thread itself.

keysword is anti-TP, ki, ... but not anti-chaos energy.

The relevant ones would be mind destruction and temporal AoE.
Keysword isn't "anti-TP, Ki ..." it STRAIGHT UP nulls abilites, while it's main purpose is to combat demons and thier powers. It can null anything.
And Temporal AoE can be nulled, mind destrcution can be nulled. And its your job to prove that silver can resist Power null as potent as The keysword.

Keysword isn't "anti-TP, Ki ..." it STRAIGHT UP nulls abilites, while it's main purpose is to combat demons and thier powers. It can null anything.
And Temporal AoE can be nulled, mind destrcution can be nulled. And its your job to prove that silver can resist Power null as potent as The keysword.
Let Green equalize Chaos Energy to Ribrianne's stuff. He's just making it worse for Silver and he doesn't even realize it.

All of the applications of silvers chaos energy are nulled by feats saying that the power null does not work because the versus can’t be equalized is comically dishonest it would be like if I argued that none of silvers time abilities could work on trunks because In dragon ball changes to time just create new timelines

Considering the page Maverick posted, I'd say it kinda is.

And I know that's the Archie page, but more or less they kinda work the same.
It's not Archie.
The difference with Ki are that Chaos Energy is found in relics rather than everywhere.
The giving life to all things is weird considering Light Gaia is a thing, but yeah didn't see that before so eh shit.
Next to the question.
Let Green equalize Chaos Energy to Ribrianne's stuff. He's just making it worse for Silver and he doesn't even realize it.
Uh oh, how so?
All of the applications of silvers chaos energy are nulled by feats saying that the power null does not work because the versus can’t be equalized is comically dishonest it would be like if I argued that none of silvers time abilities could work on trunks because In dragon ball changes to time just create new timelines
False equivalence. I'm not dishonest, I literally gave them a justification for chaos manip for Dogi more than a month ago to prepare for a match against the Sonic verse. IIRC that's not how it works in DBH but someone disagreed last time I said that I think.

It's not Archie.

The giving life to all things is weird considering Light Gaia is a thing, but yeah didn't see that before so eh shit.

Next to the question.

Uh oh, how so?

False equivalence. I'm not dishonest, I literally gave them a justification for chaos manip for Dogi more than a month ago to prepare for a match against the Sonic verse. IIRC that's not how it works in DBH but someone disagreed last time I said that I think.
If your argument is that choas manip specifically won’t be nulled then my bad,
If you are arguing that none of silvers abilities
Can be nulled even the ones that are not chaos manipulation then I stand by my statement

Can be nulled even the ones that are not chaos manipulation then I stand by my statement
Nah my bad sorry green

I think it's obvious that Silver's more natural, non Chaos related power's wouldn't be protected by the argument of Chaos Manip. The argument COULD be made that some of his power's do get boosted in some way by Chaos Energy Manip but, that's besides the point

Where on silvers profile does it mention chaos manipulation even chaos energy manipulation just links me to energy manipulation

Unfortunately, like shown earlier, the Sonicverse's Chaos Energy Manip isn't really indexed too well, but it is a inherent part of the Chaos Emeralds, which are what even allow for Super Silver in the first place.

Chaos Manipulation got removed unfortunately.
Oh wow, right.
Also, i can assure you Green is not dishonest. I'd prefer to avoid baseless accusations.
Yeah I’m just stupid and make things way too complicated at times!
Stuff like this depends on whether a hax gets nulled or the underlying power source gets nulled.
Where on silvers profile does it mention chaos manipulation even chaos energy manipulation just links me to energy manipulation
I was more preparing for Archie

Unfortunately, like shown earlier, the Sonicverse's Chaos Energy Manip isn't really indexed too well, but it is a inherent part of the Chaos Emeralds, which are what even allow for Super Silver in the first place.
I wan not saying he did not have it I was just wondering where it was

Oh wow, right.

Yeah I’m just stupid and make things way too complicated at times!

Stuff like this depends on whether a hax gets nulled or the underlying power source gets nulled.

I was more preparing for Archie
Yea no my bad I just misinterpreted your argument sorry for calling you dishonest

The Chaos Emeralds have unlimited power, turn thoughts into energy (Like was said before by Greenshifter), are fueled by emotions (Aka, they have positive and negative Facets, with Sonic seen primarily using Positive aspects of the Emeralds). Basically, the best way to explain it is that The Chaos Emeralds are reactive to the thoughts and feelings of the user, and use their infinite power to try it's best to make said thoughts a reality and fulfill said emotions. This should extend to Chaos Energy in general, since Chaos Emeralds are, for the most part, the source of Chaos Energy.

Time Stop, Invulnerability, Flight, Acausality- All of these can be assumed to simply be a by product of what was previously stated- All mainly only occurring because the Emeralds try to assist the user with their thoughts and feelings and making them reality. In a sense, you could claim it's all derivative of thought based Reality Warping, though I'm not the expert on how this wiki actually treats that possibility. The Emeralds are even shown to try and Negate a foe's aspect's that may get in the way of their user fulfilling their wishes- Such as how some of these beings gain the ability to harm one another.

Tl;dr, Chaos Emeralds, and by Proxy the Chaos Energy from said Emeralds, are extremely linked with a user's Thoughts and Feelings, both Positive and Negative, and grant various effects based off these Thoughts and Feelings.

This is a good starting point for understanding what it is- Otherwise though, you can look at the Chaos Emerald Page for a few answers, or the blog posted previously
Granted, it's a blog, but, it IS pretty accurate from what I've read

@Glace can you source chaos energy giving life to all things?
The Chaos Emeralds' page has a link on the page to such with that claim. The Sonic 1 manuals
South Island is a treasure trove of gems and ruins. It is also said to be the island where the mystical "Chaos Emeralds" lay dormant. The Chaos Emeralds are a super-substance that gives energy to all living things. They can also be used to create nuclear weapons and laser beams through science and technology. However, no one knows how to obtain them. This is because South Island is a moving island, and the Chaos Emeralds exist within the distortions that the island creates.

page8-206px-Sonic1_MD_JP_manual.pdf.jpg
page9-206px-Sonic1_MD_JP_manual.pdf.jpg

Dr. Eggman, the evil genius scientist, has begun to embrace his evil ways again.
"Sonic... that annoying, cheeky hedgehog. He's the one who's always ruining my great plans. This time, I'm going to crush him with the power of my science! Heheheh..."

South Island is a treasure trove of gems and ruins. It is also said to be the island where the mystical "Chaos Emeralds" lay dormant. The Chaos Emeralds are a super-substance that gives energy to all living things. They can also be used to create nuclear weapons and laser beams through science and technology. However, no one knows how to obtain them. This is because South Island is a moving island, and the Chaos Emeralds exist within the distortions that the island creates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back