• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Writing Discussion Thread

I have an idea...it is an idea to mix match Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis, New 52 and Rebirth stories into one verse and create my own DC verse where I write stories about it.

I just finished my planning stage and sadly I planned out an epilogue before the whole Batman who Laughs gained Dr. Manhattan's powers plot happened so yeah sorry about that. I mean the Dark Knight – Metal plot happens just much different.

Thanks! It was a lot of hard work since I have to create a very different universe since it has multiple universes tweaked to fit my version of DC story so here and there feels like the same but different.

It's difficult to explain in a few words but its very well detailed.

I’d say go for it, if you like the idea enough I’m sure you’ll be able to make it work. I’m interested to hear about how it comes out!

Gonna start following this thread as well, since the only other story related thread I had followed was my own about fanfictions in specific.

Only fanfiction I have out right now is A Reset Gone Wrong (Rewritten). I would summarize the plot and stuff, but I'll just leave it here. What I'll mention though is that it's a RWBY and Undertale crossover fic that I literally just posted the fourth chapter for. Here's the link. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13557806/1/A-Reset-Gone-Wrong-Rewritten

ARGW(R) could've had a better chapter 1, actually I might go back and alter it, eventually. But generally speaking I think I did a decent job for the story overall.

As for other fanfic ideas I have, they include Dragon Ball: Remnant, Another World, Another Hell (not two separate stories, the coma is apart of the title), and one more, unnamed story which took the idea of ARGW(R), except Sans is sent over to the Re:Zero world, rather than RWBY, purely because I love Re:Zero and felt like that idea has massive potential.

Another World, Another Hell's plot will be that Itachi from Naruto is brought into the Re:Zero world with a new body, albeit his body is identical to when he died against Sasuke, minus the illnesses he has by then. But the coolest part is how I altered his powers to fit the Re:Zero world. Basically, he doesn't use Chakra anymore, as his body, while identical to his previous one in both appearance and raw physical abilities, is now a body that works under the rules/power system of the Re:Zero verse. Which actually fits pretty well due to Re:Zero's power system.

As for Dragon Ball: Remnant, it is a Dragon BallxRWBY crossover story. Basically, the Earth in Dragon Ball is replaced with Remnant from RWBY. Aura from RWBY is now Shoki from Dragon Ball, which is one of the three main aspects of Ki, which I put a detailed explanation of in my Share Your Fanfiction's thread. Also, while Remnant is replacing Earth, meaning that it is the world Goku lands on, pretty much everything outside of Earth is unchanged. As for Dragon Ball characters that originate from Earth in Dragon Ball, some will either be removed entirely, or altered to suit the story. I think it actually has the most potential out of any idea I've had so far. The only issue is that someone used Dragon Ball: Remnant as a title for their own fanfiction already, meaning I'll have to change it eventually.

I decideD to create a fusion world of actual history, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Ghosts of Tsushima, Rurouni Kenshin, InuYasha, King Arthur Myths, Lord of the Rings, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Elder Scrolls, Tales of Berseria, Castlevania, Harry Potter, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Adaption of the first two volumes only), World of Warcraft, Marvel, DC, Dragon Ball series, YuYu Hakusho, Persona series, Under Nights In-Birth, Arcana Hearts, Senran Kagura, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Metroid, Halo, and Star Wars (Legends Continuity NOT the Disney one).

I am starting to create a timeline but hopefully I would write down a story.

Also the series that place in the far future or in the far past would time travel back to the "present" but it would change anything since the time travel logic would follow DBZ where your future cannot be changed and the past you go to is a different one like how Future Trunks' future remains.

Last edited:
There is a story idea where I thought about creating a fanfic that has a Red Dead Redemption styled world where it adds concepts of Red Dead Redemption, Jonah Hax, and many Western cowboy styled stories.

@Shadow-Ragna How much experience do you have writing fics?
Pretty well just the problem is posting them and forming them as I got everything sorted out.

I mean I have everything so well written out but the problem is my will of writing it all in story format since I am nervous as hell...

Also what do you think of my Calamity of Fates, Calamity Fate of Heroes of Rebellion and Jojo's Azure Adventure ideas in this thread? https://vsbattles.com/threads/share-your-fanfictions.107689/#post-3665195

(Also my devient art account has all of these ideas written out)

Last edited:
Ever since I began to read through some old books I found, there was just idea that decided to linger around in my head. It's based around the idea that we all make impacts on the world, and these impacts come to reality within an alternative world. Like, maybe a murderer's impact on a house would create a sort of haunted house of a copy of his victims in this alternate world. A lot of possibilities spawn from that idea, considering a lot of people had an impact on the world. Ranging from literature to varying theories about our universe. It's definitely a doozy of a universe to explore, but I just can't get it out of my head and I want to write it down. I already wrote an outline, the main character, her story arc, and made some worldbuilding, I can go a little more in-depth if you want.

But the only problem is that I'm struggling to create a plotline, nothing's really coming to mind.

I've had many, many ideas writing wise, so I'll just throw my very first idea down here.

The story is called Monstrous.

Plot: Felix Chilling is an average college student who goes to cabin in the woods in the middle of winter with his roommates. The night they get there, the three are attacked by a Wendigo, a cannibalistic monster from Native American Myths. Felix's roommates are killed by the beast, and through some miracle (luck) Felix manages to kill the beast by crushing it's heart. Felix was mortally wounded by the Wendigo, and he falls unconscious. When he wakes up again, his wounds are healed. His friends are still dead, and the Wendigo's corpse is no where to be seen. Then, it's voice sounds in his head. Turns out, Felix and the Wendigo tethered.

When a supernatural creature is killed, it can tether with the one that killed them. Tethering is a process of immortality which fuses the souls of the being and target. It cannot be undone through any means, divine or other.

Felix meets other tethers and finds out about an old evil which plans to consume all of existence, so he and his new friends set out to stop it.

I've had many, many ideas writing wise, so I'll just throw my very first idea down here.

The story is called Monstrous.

Plot: Felix Chilling is an average college student who goes to cabin in the woods in the middle of winter with his roommates. The night they get there, the three are attacked by a Wendigo, a cannibalistic monster from Native American Myths. Felix's roommates are killed by the beast, and through some miracle (luck) Felix manages to kill the beast by crushing it's heart. Felix was mortally wounded by the Wendigo, and he falls unconscious. When he wakes up again, his wounds are healed. His friends are still dead, and the Wendigo's corpse is no where to be seen. Then, it's voice sounds in his head. Turns out, Felix and the Wendigo tethered.

When a supernatural creature is killed, it can tether with the one that killed them. Tethering is a process of immortality which fuses the souls of the being and target. It cannot be undone through any means, divine or other.

Felix meets other tethers and finds out about an old evil which plans to consume all of existence, so he and his new friends set out to stop it.
Would anyone like more information?

I'll detail Felix first.

Felix's family life isn't really notable, and neither was he, before his tethering. Looks wise, Felix is around 1.67 meters tall, has brown hair and blue eyes and a pale complexion, due to his indoor hobbies. Personality wise, Felix is a very fearful individual. He only faced the Wendigo when he had no chance of escape, and when later faced with other monsters and various villains, he runs from them unless he's confident he can defeat them. He's relatively intelligent, but if his plans fail, he is often rendered useless or helpless. Without the support of his team, Felix could not have achieved any of the things he achieves through out the series.

Granted, this is only how he starts out. He develops into a strong willed, level headed and worthy hero by the end of the series.

As for the evil, it's called The Eldritch. It's reason for consumption?

The Eldritch is the very concept of evil. It simply wishes to have everything and torment all of existence for all of eternity as it enjoys the pain, suffering and despair of others, as well as simply being evil in every single way.

So I suppose it could and would have every single possible motive for wanting to consume everything.

Basically don't want to interrupt, but would also like to sit here as well and share some of mine ideas/concepts.

And I see good amount of stuff when people are inspired by other medias to create own story, so after that I'm even a bit ashamed of the fact from what this idea comes from.

But alright, Imagine a story with 3 different point of views, the third perspective/viewer, the "Spy" and the person "spy" is well, spies. This story should be telled in more "official" style of text where 2 is writing journal with their usual days displaying different opinions on the same situation. The third perspective/viewer/narrator would display the situations and show something for a better explanation of stuff happening in future or/and stuff happened in past, for a better expositions of things that likely couldn't be explained through the other duo with journal writing habit and he's probably the one who can be out of "official/buisness" style of writing.

So, that's the idea which inspired from FBI agent spying your phone memes.

Would also note that name of characters is not necessary for now because both would keep this as secret and the narrator would just sitting and commenting.

Off topic, working on something focusing on loss, depression, regret, and anger and how focusing on that loss can make things worse and even hurt yourself and others. My issue is, I want people to enjoy it and not feel completely terrible going through the experience. Any general concepts on how to make it not a emotion slog (I mean I want it to have its moments but still)? Or should I just commit to the tone and bite the bullet (that being I can not have my cake and eat it too)?

Wait, this exists? I had no idea.

All this time, I was sharing ideas to some of my friends in DMs when I could have been sharing and getting advice here.

I'll post here a draft of a short story I wrote:

Once upon a time in an old forest...

There were a couple of children, a boy and a girl, they were identical twins. The boy wore beautiful green clothes and the girl wore light yellow clothes. The pair was walking along a rural road in that great forest, they were happily skipping along the road towards the unknown.

Once upon a time in an old forest...

Where there was a scowling and evil hyena that had a beautiful car, it was not known for bad things, only good things. She was a gallant Hyena that stole the hearts of young ladies, and she had a great reputation, but she had a terrible hobby... Kidnapping little children to eat them alive.

On a beautiful day the frowning Hyena strolled through the old forest in her elegant car, she hummed with happiness while looking for little children, she continued to stroll through the forest until she met a pair of twins who were on their way. The hyena smirked and went over to the twins, stopping her car next to the pair:

- Hello little children, where are you going? - Asked Hyena showing her sweetest smile.

- We are following this road - Answered the couple with sweet smiles for the Hyena.

- Do you want a ride, little kids? It is dangerous to walk alone in the forest - Hyena said with her sweet smile towards the pair.

- But you know young Hyena that strangers cannot be trusted, right? - The couple spoke to the hungry Hyena in the sweetest possible voice, making them laugh out loud.

- Don't worry little children, you can trust me - The evil Hyena was showing her best smile, using her lip to attract the pair.

- All right then - The twins replied, Hyena opened the door of her beautiful car for the couple to enter, she was dancing inside, happy as her victims had fallen for her trick.

Now, with the car in motion, the Hyena was driving to her secret lair, without letting the twins see her evil and frowning face of hunger, her belly was snoring, her mouth was full of saliva, her true face was revealed. The old forest watched the car in motion, the forest had already seen both the Gemini and the Hyena, the forest knew everything...

The Hyena drove her beautiful car, but now the beautiful day was replaced by a strong storm, the wind howled, the rain fell, the fog was high and persisting against the wind, from afar it was possible to hear the roar of thunder; that day there was not a single cloud, but suddenly, everything was turned into a fierce storm. Hyena was confused by the weather and since the moment the twins got in the car they had not made a single noise, this was worrying Hyena, she looked at the reflection of the foggy mirror and saw only herself, but whenever she looked back, there was the pair in their green and yellow clothes, staring at him like dolls. The Hyena was becoming apprehensive with the time that did not pass, and it was taking a long time to reach its lair, but she patiently waited and waited ... And waited again, but the storm continued, the wind swayed the trees, but it didn't take the fog, the sounds of thunder grew louder, even without a lightning bolt. Soon hunger was replaced by fear, cold ran down the spine of the evil Hyena, sweat dripped from her face, and the children's silence pierced the frowning Hyena's chest.

Finally the moment came when she stopped the car and said:

- Get out of the car right now! -Her voice was shaky and out of tune.

- But what about the ride? - Asked the Twins.

- GO OUT SOON !!! - Shouted to Hyena showing her teeth to the twins, who did not show a single reaction to the threat, besides leaving the car in silence.

The Hyena abandoned the Gemini by stepping on the accelerator, it did not take long and the fog fell, the wind stopped howling completely, the sounds of thunder ceased, the clouds in the sky mysteriously disappeared revealing a bright and beautiful sun, the day had returned to the normal. The Hyena sighed with relief, she stopped the car and started to take a deep breath, closing her eyes while resting in the driver's seat waiting for the snowfall to pass:

- Mrs. Hyena, it's already too late for you - A pair of children's voices made the evil Hyena open her eyes in fright, she saw in the car mirror now really appearing in the mirror, the Twins doll expressions on their faces, she in a jump opened the car door to escape, but he didn't get out of the car.

The car door was opened, but nothing came out of it, neither the Hyena nor the Gemini. The only one to see this bizarre scene was the old Forest that watched everything silently.

I relied a little on the little red hat and the story has some hints ... What do you think?

There was a story where I might write about a character named Shadow entering into the BlazBlue world, now you must think he is an OC that gets every girl? Well no in fact he doesn't since some plots happen like in canon but with differences. Shadow ends up appearing in the BlazBlue world as a kid adopted by Kokonoe, where Kokonoe doesn't act like a motherly type so he bonds with Tager and Lambda instead. Shadow joins Lambda with Ragna in CS but things went slightly the same with just a few changes and more explored backstory of Lambda and Shadow's time as siblings.

Then when it comes to CP that is where utterly insane events happen and it ends with a cliffhanger where Susano'o arrives, and Ragna is missing when he turned into Semi-Black Beast thanks to Izanami, but Amane saves the cast and ended up on a floating city where they meet Naoto and Es and in fact the worlds of Bloodedge Experience and XBlaze are crossing over so many characters from each of the worlds interact with the main cast. Also before Terumi becomes Susano'o, Izanami was absorbed by Noel who was in full control of Mu-12 but sadly Susano'o appeared and caused havok in reality.

Then finally CF happens where Shadow, Naoto, Touya Kagari, Es and the others team up in a final strike against Susano'o. Also this version of CF will explore the connections of the three worlds and in fact reveal that Naoto and his friend Kyoki (Who teamed up with Terumi and Relius and Izanami) are from a fourth reality which is quite different though like Naoto and Es its set in Japan.

Not only that but also after the BlazBlue plot it leads to a multi-crossover where Shadow chases after Kyoki into different realities such as:
Guilty Gear
Final Fantasy VII – Crisis Core
Legend of Zelda – Twilight Princess
Fire Emblem – Three Houses
Devil May Cry 2
Drakengard
Nier Replicant (The Japanese version where Nier is the brother)
Nier Automata
Shin Megami Tensei (All four of the SMT games crossover into one cosmic battle)

Then after that it ends...

I was inspired by this fanfic writer mewmaster93 and his fanfic series: Clash of the Elements.

What do you guys think? I just gave you a summary of the fic since I don't want to explain too much of the plot.

Back