• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Writing Discussion Thread

Was thinking of making a story about an evil organization filled with ridiculously OP characters, but specialize in doing minor feat of crime (like being a nudist, knocking people over for not putting trash into the trashcan, placing troll sticker on people, etc...). Any suggestion I guess?

Was thinking of making a story about an evil organization filled with ridiculously OP characters, but specialize in doing minor feat of crime (like being a nudist, knocking people over for not putting trash into the trashcan, placing troll sticker on people, etc...). Any suggestion I guess?
I feel like unless it's a pretty short story, you'll have to find something to prevent the joke from getting tired, in the end no matter how much you vary it the premise seems like it'd repeat itself

I feel like unless it's a pretty short story, you'll have to find something to prevent the joke from getting tired, in the end no matter how much you vary it the premise seems like it'd repeat itself
Well, unless you also make the story evolve little by little, like with Maoujo de Oyasumi. That manga is very good at doing the same thing over and over again because of that.

Edit: Or just make it a slice-of-life, which also work

Hey guys what did you think about my idea that I wrote before, it was a story idea of the dream I had. Since its a fusion of various series turned into an original setting.

Great dude! I was working on a short story but atm it is only 550+ word 😞. At shortest I'm aiming 2,000 as this is suppose to be a rather short story, like those you would find in Stephen King's short story collections like Night Shift or Skeleton Crew. The collection would be mainly focused on interactions with a singular entity/person.

Also working on another project with my partner which is supposed to be more like a journal/fact book/monster handbook but my real issue is there are a lot of somewhat complicated information that needs to be given up front, and while the character writing the journal would logically put that stuff at the front so people can understand his work, I just don't want it to overload the reader or feel like a major knowledge dump even though it kind of is. It would be broken up a bit because the types of creatures being explained would have examples in the order needed to allow understanding, but I don't know just seems like a lot.

Edit: Second project I am on 2,873 words but basically it is only an information dump

Last edited:
Fake romance, or almost romance? I haven’t write any of them yet, but I have a few idea, one involving a family who hide their true loving feeling of each other under their fake one, because they think the other don’t love them the same as a comedy sitcom thing

I really like writing stories, however i haven't gotten into it yet, it's the problem that I don't know what to write like i have a idea but when i get into actually writing it I won't be satisfied with the result.

I mean if you aren’t satisfied with the results you should keep at it. I’ve had so many terrible drafts lol. The point is to keep moving forward.

I really like writing stories, however i haven't gotten into it yet, it's the problem that I don't know what to write like i have a idea but when i get into actually writing it I won't be satisfied with the result.
Yeah, that happen a lot, and I’m not even that good of a writer yet. It’s basically just a mood thing, and you don’t find the story that you really like to write yet.
If the problem still persists, just stick to one idea as long as you can until you’re tired or it is a dead end. No idea is original anyway, and no story is going to be perfect from the get go or even after you finish it, so just write what you can into it. Who know, you may find the story give you new idea for the next one and so on.
Well, just my two cent. The way people deal with sastifaction is different, so unlikely that my way is going to work (though if there is one more point, I would said take back a step, find out why you find the story you trying to do is interesting in the first place, find out the merit of the story you want to do, and take that as motivation)

Well, i want to start a verse with a story, characters and such on fc/oc battles wiki. Lmao
That’s kinda too ambitious for my taste lmao. I rather just start with one singular idea first as a focal point, instead of a jumbled mess of idea, and then grow it from there.
For example, I’m writing a draft about a cranky old blacksmith right now, so I begin with the person themselves first. Then, the blacksmith need something to smith with, so I give him a job to fix the hero sword, who is sentient and such. Then I figured that since he was fixing it, might as well making it better, so it became a task of trying to find all the best mat in the world as they go on a journey together and stuff...
I prefer to always have a clear path I taken to make a story, as it would be easy to trace out it root, and find new possible branching point easily, as well as fixing or abandoning what doesn’t work

Fake romance, or almost romance? I haven’t write any of them yet, but I have a few idea, one involving a family who hide their true loving feeling of each other under their fake one, because they think the other don’t love them the same as a comedy sitcom thing
I mean stuff that involves romance, but it's not a focus.

I've been writing a basic setting for the videogame I have planned.
So far it's just about a turtle with natural super speed that ends up with odd law powers traveling across multiple universes to purge them from an unexpected bad organization that kidnapped his brother.
After writing this comment, I've noticed that I could develop more the motivations behind the "bad guy", he just wants to collect certain beings to trigger a law upon placing them in a place that allows him to go beyond the nerrative of his own multiverse and be stronger than those that monitore them, the problem being most notably a "why", I should develop his character further for sure.
Overall in simple terms the plot can be summarized as "Kingdom Hearts meets Radiant Historia and Sonic"

So basically any shounen with a heroine interest ever? Have many idea for it but eh.
Not exactly. Having love interests doesn't make it a romance or even pseudo romance; like Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, HxH, Dragonball, MHA, none of those would fall in the category I'm thinking of.

I mean something like SAO, for lack of a better example. Or Mirai Nikki, or Steins; Gate.

Basically romance plays a big factor, but it's not a primary focus.

A fanfic story like SAO, Mirai Nikki or Steins; Gate? Sounds interesting YungManzi! So would the main character have a deep romantic relation but it plays on their development of character where if say one character has to face an evil foe and their relationship helps the characters bond deeper?

Also Bobiscan I would love to see a story like that since it sounds interesting.

Also what do you guys think of my story idea I said a page back about a dream I had which inspired me to make plans of making a story from that?

"A fanfic story like SAO, Mirai Nikki or Steins; Gate? Sounds interesting YungManzi! So would the main character have a deep romantic relation but it plays on their development of character where if say one character has to face an evil foe and their relationship helps the characters bond deeper?"

Yeah, pretty much. I don't know much about a lot of verses from your dream tbh.

But, you guys remember composite human? I'm basically making a story for them right now.

Interesting thought of making a story for the composite human.

Ah alright shame that many people don't know the verses I am talking about, oh well I probably would get someone who knows them all to give me a review and plus I always love all of your reviews even if you don't know the verses because criticism and reviewing is always good to have in some way.

Eh it may seem edgy since its set after a destroyed world (Like Attack on Titan and BlazBlue) but there is still a lot of hope since the main theme is hope and a belief of a better future.

Plus its still in the works and I am currently world building everything and there will be characters who are dark and harsh and there are bright and hopeful characters who has the power to change and better the future. Hence the Hero Trials where heroes are found and decided to save the world and stop the darkness.

(Trust me Drakengard/Nier/Nier: Automata and Attack on Titan are pretty brutal and dark I will take some concepts but I won't make it TOO dark I mean there will be dark moments due to how the world is set in but there is also great and bright moments to contrast it)

Like any work, make sure to insert some plot twists here and there to avoid it being too predictable.
And that can also extend to the premise.

The only ones out of those I know even a little bit of are AOT and RWBY, and I barely know those tbh.

So my perspective is skewed as far as a crossover between them goes because I don't know any of the characters or verse mentions aside from the titans themselves.

The baseline idea seems cool though.

Like any work, make sure to insert some plot twists here and there to avoid it being too predictable.
And that can also extend to the premise.
Haha don't worry there will be some plot twists!

Plus there is another story idea I dreamt off! And you might like it? (Though some verses you might not know)

I posted most of my fanfic ideas in Share Your Fanfictions thread but this one fusion world story idea would be interesting to hear about if you want?

Also there is a fusion world story of where BlazBlue, Persona, Under Night In-Birth, Senran Kagura, Akatsuki Blitzkampf, Arcana Hearts and RWBY were fused into one world. In this story idea the BlazBlue, Persona, Under Night In-Birth, Senran Kagura, Akatsuki Blitzkampf, and Arcana Hearts events happened before RWBY.

This idea honestly came to me in a dream...it was a confusing mess of a dream so I will break it down.

It is set in a Hero no Academia world, but it has quite a few interesting fusions from different series to it creating a very vastly different world:

Lelouch and Nunnally are exiled in Japan and were raised by Muriel in Japan since her husband Huston passed away and she along with Courage the Cowardly Dog is trying to take care of the young Britannian royal children. She also has Sayoko Shinozaki the ninja maid that was taking care of Lelouch and Nunnally coming and going in making sure they are alright. In a sense the Britannian Empire exists but sadly never could take over Japan and the the fact that Charles Zi Britannia screwed up and began a Cold War with Japan. Also cast members of Code Geass are involved but they are now completely different due to the existence of quirks and the fact that Hero system was created and that Britannia never took over Japan. Also C.C is in it watching over Lelouch feeling interested to create a contract with him.

Somehow Jellal was sent in this world with a few Fairy Tail characters and it soon found out that Jellal is the distant ancestor of the Robotnik Family making him the great grandfather of Gerald Robotnik who passed away 50 years ago due to Britannia (Not the United Nations or G.U.N like in the Sonic canon) attacking the Ark. Jellal ended up here and was given power over the Ark and was confused on if humans deserve to live after what happened and he released Shadow who was instead placed safely somewhere in the Ark by Azmuth as Shadow realised that Jellal is a decent person and they both developed a kind bond with each other. Jellal, Erza, Millianna, Kagura, Ultear, Mirajane, Gray, Juvia, Natsu, Lucy, Gajeel, Levy, Laxus, Kagura, Wendy, Meredy, Happy, Carla and Meredy are in the My Hero Academia world wondering what to do. Sonic and the others exist in this world but they are busy being Freedom Fighters and are trying to dismantle the Britannian Empire and the lead scientist is Doctor Eggman. Also side note: Jellal is shipped with ONLY Erza, Ultear, Millianna, Kagura and Mirajane in this fic.

Touma Kamijou from the light novel and anime series A Certain Magical Index appeared and saved Muriel from an assassin quirk user and he began helping her out where he grown a friendship with Lelouch and Courage where he too like them became an over protective big brother figure to Nunnally. He also has his Miracle Breaker and that various characters from his world exist in this mega crossover but in different circumstances.

Naoto Kurogane from BlazBlue series is in this fic as he decided to become a hero and he kept his mother's maiden name to distance himself from the name Terumi since his little sister Saya Terumi murdered the family and was sealed away by the Amanohokosaka Clan. Naoto was still bitten by Raquel and made into a half vampire and still met with Clavis Alucard (Thankfully like in the Bloodedge Experience alternative timeline he didn't get killed by Clavis nor did Saya get "consumed" by Naoto creating a way to create a Fifth Prime Field the mother of Ragna, Jin and Saya), he soon was dragged into the hero world. Take the Bloodedge Experience world and place it in a MHA setting and since the Bloodedge Experience world is an alternative timeline where quite a few notable events never happened meaning MANY characters are different and with this timeline being added into this fic meaning they are also different as well. Jubei, Nine the Phantom, Celica, Relius Clover, Hazama (Terumi didn't seem to appear in the Bloodedge Experience Timeline so in this case he doesn't come in this timeline), Amane, Valkenhayn (Who became Raquel's butler) and others that existed before the Dark War exist in this fanfic but are slightly different.

Shirou Emiya exists in this fic as this is him before the Holy Grail War as he is only good with Projection magic and is determined to be a hero, also the backdrop of the possible Holy Grail War exists and he is well good friends with Sakura Matou and a tease around Rin. He also takes care of Illya since she escaped due to Britannia attacking the Einzbern House and arrived in Japan living with Shirou and Kiritsugu Emiya. That is until Kiritsugu Emiya passed away leaving Shirou to take care of the house and protect Illya.

And thats pretty much it, not sure how I am going to fit all of this but this dream is very interesting and complicated but a lot of fun!

Verses used:
My Hero Academia
Fairy Tail
Sonic
Ben 10
BlazBlue
A Certain Magical Index
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Code Geass
Fate/Stay Night

(This was the story I posted in the Share Your Fanfictions thread)

(The BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle fanfic which have BlazBlue, Persona, Under Night In-Birth, Senran Kagura, Akatsuki Blitzkampf, Arcana Hearts and RWBY is a different fanfic that is here in this thread in the previous page)

Last edited:
That's really messy to say the least, which makes it have quite a layer of depth, but on the other hand it limits the amount of users that can properly get it. It surely makes more sense when played in order, then again.

Haha true and plus with this complex verse I can create various possibilities and I can change a lot of aspects since these verses are fused together so some changes have to happen.

These verses are fused with MHA:

Lelouch and Nunnally were exiled to Japan by their father the Emperor of Britannia where they still sorta grew up with Suzaku but they soon had to leave since they are still royal children and since due to political issues of the invasion of Britannia when they attacked Japan had failed causing great impact to the world since now Japan was not controlled by Britannia. Muriel now in Japan soon found the two and raised them since her husband Huston passed away and she along with Courage the Cowardly Dog is trying to take care of the young Britannian royal children. She also has Sayoko Shinozaki the ninja maid that helped Muriel and Courage as she also began taking care of Lelouch and Nunnally making sure they are all right. The concept of Courage the Cowardly Dog was a thought that seemed sweet since Muriel and Courage would be interesting since they are living with Lelouch, Nunnally, and Sayoko Shinozaki. The Code Geass characters exist in this verse but are different due to Japan having a force that repelled Britannia due to the fact that Charles Zi Britannia screwed up and began a Cold War with Japan. Also cast members of Code Geass are involved but they are now completely different due to the existence of quirks and the fact that Hero system was created and that Britannia never took over Japan. Somewhere in Japan, now free C.C is watching over Lelouch feeling interested to create a contract with him.

Somehow Jellal, Erza, Ultear, Millianna, Kagura, Gray, Juvia, Natsu, Lucy, Laxus, Mira, Gajeel, Levy, Wendy, Lyon, Sherria, Meredy, Lily Panther, Happy and Carla arrived to the present since Fairy Tail happened in the past about many centuries ago and they appeared in the MHA fusion world, which is the future. Jellal soon found out that he is the distant ancestor of the Robotnik Family making him the ancestor of Gerald Robotnik who passed away 50 years ago due to Britannia not the United Nations or G.U.N like in the Sonic canon attacking the Space Colony Ark. Jellal and the others are now going to try and adapt in a futuristic world on a space ship, and Jellal was given power over the Ark and by accident he released Shadow from his prison who was instead placed safely somewhere in the Ark by Azmuth the creator of the Omnitrix. The reason why Jellal was able to release Shadow was because Jellal is Gerald’s ancestor. Gerald Robotnik begged Azmuth to help him since he needs help to plan a way to stop the Black Arms and since it was from a friend’s request as Azmuth agreed and began various planning to help with Gerald’s plan to stop the Black Arms. Though Jellal would one day in the present thanks to Paradox sending him along with the others to the present for a reason to activate and release Shadow but after awhile Shadow realised that Jellal is a decent person and they both developed a kind bond with each other. The Fairy Tail cast have their magic like in canon since they are from the past and they cannot gain Quirks nor can their magic be stolen or depowered by Anti-Quirk weapons.

This verse has various Sonic the Hedgehog characters as such with the Gerald came into contact with both Black Doom and Azmuth at various points and they managed to create the Ultimate Life Form, however Azmuth was suspicious on how Gerald was acting since he doesn’t know about Gerald’s involvement with Black Doom. Gerald had used Black Doom, and his own DNA but the body had no form, as this was left unsure though Black Doom left and told him that in fifty years he will need Shadow’s help as he vanished. Azmuth however realised what happened and put his own DNA into Shadow and argued with Gerald but they managed to reach an agreement on how to stop Black Doom since he told Azmuth with his DNA he would be able to reject Black Doom’s control. Azmuth decided to inject his own DNA along with a mutated combination of Echidna and Chaos’ DNA to further power Shadow. Now with Shadow released his form a hedgehog since Gerald was inspired by a prophecy of a hedgehog saving the universe from a calamity he lived in peace with Maria and Gerald though Azmuth had to leave due to finishing creating a device that will bring the universe together and it was called the Omnitrix. Though sadly Britannia attacked and Maria helped Shadow hid in the capsule where at this time Azmuth arrived and helped her hide Shadow somewhere and he used a machine where an ancestor of Gerald or Azmuth himself can release Shadow thus making sure he is safe from Britannia. Of course that was 50 years ago and in the present of this fic, Julian Kintobor Robotnik or rather taking the name Eggman is a scientist of Britannia and he is fighting the Freedom Fighters, which have Sonic, Tails, Amy, Sally and many others who rebel against Britannia. Knuckles still remain alone on Angel Island after the whole Death Egg situation, this means he is without much contact due to him being more paranoid with the surface world and he built more traps using lost Echidna technology making sure Eggman and Sonic couldn’t trick him. Though Knuckles and Sonic did team up to stop Eggman but they remain tense allies and thankfully thanks to the Echidna technology found and hiding the Master Emerald inside a shrine this means it was not shattered so Chaos was never released. Rouge the Bat is working for Britannia as a spy and seems to be on another side. Sonic, Tails, Amy, The Chaotix, Sally and Knothole Freedom Fighters teamed up to stop Eggman from trying to destroy Green Hill Zone, gaining the Chaos Emeralds and finally trying to capture Angel Island. Sonic and the others live in South America where Britannia has less control over since most of South America is filled with the Mobians, the Mobians were genetically altered animals due to exposure of Chaos Energy from the Chaos Emeralds itself and the first ones were the Echidna and soon other races thus creating a whole new sub species.

Touma Kamijou from the light novel and anime series A Certain Magical Index appeared and saved Muriel from an assassin quirk user and he began helping her out where he grown a friendship with Lelouch and Courage where he too like them became an over protective big brother figure to Nunnally. He also has his Miracle Breaker and that various characters from his world exist in this mega crossover but in different circumstances. Esper Powers are an offshoot of Quirks and are in the same category as Quirks but are slightly different since they came a decade ago while Quirks came 200 years ago. While the magic in the series are remnants of the Fairy Tail world and BlazBlue magic that was used to create a very different form of magic in the 19th Century. Magical Index verse is fun to do since Touma, Index, Misaka and Accelerator are in this fusion world but are different due to various different circumstances. Accelerator is now just a vigilante fighting people to prove he is the strongest, Misaka is busy studying in a hero school hiding her Esper powers as a Quirk and Touma is considered quirkless due to the oddity of his ability (since in the canon series he was considered weak because of the fact no one knows about his Imagine Breaker). Index however is still being chased by various groups and ended up living with Touma.

For BlazBlue it is seems complicated but this story is going to have some characters from the alternative timeless to the main BlazBlue series such as having Bloodedge Experience and XBlaze series put into this fusion world. In the Bloodedge Experience world: Naoto Kurogane, Raquel Alucard, Hazama (Alternative version), Saya Terumi, Relius Clover (Alternative version), Valkenhayn (Alternative version) and Clavis Alucard (Alternative version). This combined with the XBlaze world from BlazBlue: Es, Tōuya Kagari, Sechs, Jubei (Alternative version), Nine the Phantom (Alternative version), and Celica (Alternative version). In this verse Naoto Kurogane decided to become a hero and he kept his mother's maiden name to distance himself from the name Terumi since his little sister Saya Terumi murdered the family and was sealed away by the magical Amanohokosaka Clan who was related by blood to the Terumi name. Naoto was still bitten by Raquel when he was nearly killed and made into a half vampire and still met with Clavis Alucard where in the main timeline Naoto didn’t get killed by Clavis nor did Saya get "consumed" by Naoto creating a way to create a Fifth Prime Field the mother of Ragna, Jin and Saya. Naoto now reaching sixteen years old wanted to be a hero he joined a hero school and he soon was dragged into the hero world. He soon encounters various people like the couple hero duo Es and Tōuya who are a well-known hero team in Japan that secretly uses magic from an old magical family such as the Amanohokosaka Clan. He soon finds and befriends Konoe aka Nine the Phantom a hero who uses magic where one knows and thought she is a Quirk user, and her husband Jubei the sword hero who is a Beastkin who existed in the mountains of Japan and her younger sister of Celica the healing hero who uses magic like her older sister. He soon encounters the mystery team Hazama, and Relius Clover, and finally the vigilante Sechs. Though sadly he soon has to face his evil little sister Saya Terumi who hunts for souls due to her drive Soul Eater.

For the Fate series it follows Fate/Stay Night but in a different way since Mage Craft still exists but less around since the development of quirks and Mages with Magic Circuits CANNOT have quirks thus making them seem quirkless to the world. Shirou Emiya exists in this fic, as this is he before the Holy Grail War where he is only good with Projection magic and is determined to be a hero. Fate/Zero happened but ended slightly different as the grail did destroy Fuyuki City but Kiritsugu Emiya managed to get enough force to destroy the Einzberns and take Illya away from the Einzbern House, he along with Zelretch managed to end the Holy Grail War permanently by dismantling it. He moved to Japan with Illya and takes Shirou in adoption and after many months Kiritsugu Emiya passed away leaving Shirou to take care of the house and protect Illya, he is an also good friends with Rin Tohsaka, Sakura Matou and Luviagelita Edelfelt. The Matou Family was destroyed when Clavis Alucard found out what Zouken is trying to do and ended up killing him and destroying the house leaving Shinji to be raised by his drunk father and for Sakura to remain living with Shirou but keeping the Matou name. Also the remains of the Holy Grail War of some sort might appear though slightly different since Gilgamesh is still around.

Last edited:
Mmm... interesting. I can't comment much on the actual path taken as I'm not actually into most of the series involved, but it's looking good.

Back