• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Writing Discussion Thread

So how would you guys recommend writing a story where the main protagonist is also the antagonist? Long story short, I want to attempt writing a story in The Cthulhu Mythos in the perspective of Nyarlathotep like a personal diary or journal. Detailing his thoughts and views while dealing with things like humanity, alien species and the occasional god that stands in his way.

I am currently creating a fictional setting called 'The Infinite Tale' in which I have laid out an entire cosmology for The Omphalos, basically this setting's "multiverse". While I could go on about explaining the cosmology, I realized that I have created a lot of characters that simply transcend it, serving no real purpose. It's kind of a shame, which is why I am going to be backing off on creating such overpowered characters. A friend on discord told me to make the characters relatable, which is what I am going to try and do.
So, while I could talk about the protagonists, I would rather talk about the antagonist of this setting. He is seen as "THE HOUND" but he calls himself Jeremiah. He is interesting to say the least, but what else can you say about an entity that exists in the beginning of everything? He is kind of like an archetype of Satan from the Bible, except he is the original template for the Archangels instead of being the most powerful. Nevertheless, Jeremiah is very manipulative, and a very charming individual as well. He mostly wants to plunge creation into a time of darkness and chaos for his own amusement, and because GOD, the Supreme Being in The Omphalos, basically stole him in a weird sense, using Jeremiah as the template for the Archangels. While the protagonists of the various different settings have suffered through a lot, Jeremiah was the one who planned all of it, he was the one who made everyone suffer. In a nutshell, hot man who likes chaos.

Alright there is this idea I had its where I fuse BlazBlue, Persona, Under Night In-Birth, Senran Kagura, Akatsuki Blitzkampf, Arcana Hearts and RWBY into one verse.

Most of the fic will take place during RWBY setting but the effects and abilities of the other series will leak into the RWBY setting changing everything creating a new situation where most of the volumes would be radically different and would have altered quite a lot of characters. Also there will be characters that might be slightly or greatly different depending on the situation.

This fic will have these series combined into one:
RWBY
BlazBlue
Persona series
Under Night In-Birth
Arcana Heart
Senran Kagura
Akatsuki Blitzkampf

The story:
During World War II, in Japan where Akatsuki who is a high-ranking technical officer of the Imperial Army who gained powers. He fights in World War II for Imperial Japan but just before the end of the war, he was presumed dead in the Arctic Ocean while transporting a new weapon from an allied nation.

Now in modern times Japan where the events of Persona 3 where a boy named Makoto joined the SEES to stop Nyx from destroying the world but then after two years Persona 4 happened where Yu Narukami went to Inaba and gained friends where they solve a murder case and stopped Adachi and Izanami. Then after a few months Persona 4: Arena happens where they stopped the new mystery involving the P-1 Grand Prix, a fighting tournament within the Midnight Channel dimension and they worked with the SEES to stop Labrys but then the day afterwards Persona 4: Arena Ultimax happens where the Investigation Team and the SEES soon have to deal with Sho, and his Persona known as Hi-no-Kagutsuchi. then finally after five years Persona 5 happens where Ren soon created the Phantom Thieves to stop a greater threat from devouring Japan. Then during the time of Persona 5 was the events of Under Night in-Birth where a young boy Hyde Kido who was saved by Linne, while under attack by a Void. As a result, he awakened to his power of EXS, and Linne has demanded his help. Since then, Linne has made Hyde's house hers, as well, having Hyde do her bidding. All the while, when the Hollow Night falls on the world, she acts on her own, not wanting to expose him to danger. In order to save her, however, Hyde takes matters into his own hands. Hyde and the Night Blade soon defeats Hilda and Amnesia bringing peace. Somewhere few months afterwards the events of Senran Kagura happened where various female Ninjas trained together in a school where at the same time Arcana Hearts happened where a young girl Aino Heart went around bringing love and peace to the world. All of these events are in different parts of Japan. That is until a certain point in Japan where Naoto Kurogane consumes Saya Terumi his sister and was killed by Clavis Alucard, then someone created the Fifth Prime Field but then the Black Beast appeared and the world was in ruins.

After 100 years the children of the Fifth Prime Field and The Black Beast were born and they were Ragna, Jin and Saya. Thus began the events of the BlazBlue series but the ending of the series is greatly different where after Ragna defeated Susano'o/Terumi and gained the True BlazBlue/True Azure Grimoire but instead of rebooting the universe and erasing his existence Ragna instead he mashed Naoto and Es' worlds with his own thus having no need to erase himself thus changing fate. Now Japan from two worlds and along with various countries are fused together in the new combined world that Ragna created.

Now after many MANY years of the world healing and repairing Akatsuki finally awakens and fights the remains of Nazi Germany much like in Akatsuki Blitzkampf. This soon had him face the new threat on his own and save the world from Nazi Germany.

Then another few centuries appear where a horrible event happened and the world is set back in olden times with use of magic due to the many years of destruction, as now two people known as Yami and Hikari gained magic that truly gave them some form of Divine power as they changed into dragons. As soon they are called God of Light and God of Darkness or rather the Two Brothers. The world lived in peace but sadly a woman named Salem tricked the gods into trying to revive her husband Ozma but sadly it backfired and the world was destroyed and reborn with the moon shattered creating...a remnant of what it was.

Thus the events of RWBY will take place. Though the story would start probably around either volume 1 or 2.

So basically the remainders of people, items and places in the BlazBlue, Persona, Under Night In-Birth, Senran Kagura, Akatsuki Blitzkampf and Arcana Hearts series are scattered in Remnant as such the RWBY cast realise that they truly do not know the old world not even the Brother Gods themselves.

Last edited:
Ah yeah it will be a goddamn nightmare but since I somehow understood the plot of BlazBlue, Fate series Legend of Zelda timeline, Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear...I think I can manage this, maybe...hopefully.

I am not sure on this but I am thinking about making the Sonic series, crossover with Mario, Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Kirby, and other Nintendo, SEGA, and Capcom series in a Kingdom Hearts style adventure sounds a good idea? Also possibly add in some Atlus and Arc System?

Or

I have two Rising of the Shield Hero crossover ideas...

The first one is where the idea is having Oliver Queen from the CW series being transported into the Rising of the Shield Hero as the Bow Hero.

Though this Oliver Queen is him at the end of Infinite Crisis event as such he pretty much lived with no regrets and saved the multiverse alongside the Paragons who were The Flash, Supergirl, Lex Luthor, Sara Lance, Ryon Choi, Batwoman, and J'onn J'onzz aka Martian Manhunter. Though after his death after becoming Spectre, Oliver appeared as a teenager oddly in the Rising of Shield Hero world and is forced to be a hero. Though Oliver could sense Malty's (Red haired evil sister of Melty) evil presence and warned Naofumi who took the warning as Oliver went on his own to do his own thing but sadly Naofumi still gets accused by Malty and is hated. Though Naofumi still has Raphtalia and Filo on his side while Oliver tries to become his Green Arrow and help people like always does in his world.

Funny enough Oliver comes across certain foes such as Ra's Al Ghul, Slade Wilson, Damien Darhk and Malcolm Merlyn who awkwardly and hilariously become part of Oliver's group and they were put there to be redeemed by helping Oliver and the Shield Hero Naofumi to save the world. Though they might be jovious and affibly evil Oliver has to make sure they don't go back to their evil ways and to make sure they redeem themselves to become heroes.

The second idea is Phoenix Wright appears in the Rising of the Shield Hero but not as any of the heroes and soon gets involved with helping Naofumi to prove his innocence.

(This is after Naofumi has Raphtalia and Filo as his teammates)

Currently writing my first ever story that I hope to publish. Basically it's all about a mary sue who uses their mary sue-esque status to screw everyone over. It's your usual magic school kind of setting, and all of the students hate this mary sue. This all goes on for a little bit until all of the students gang up on the mary sue, to which, the mary sue destroys mostly all of them before eventually getting all of her powers, both magical and mary sue-esque, taken away. From there she gets beaten into a bloody pulp, fireballed right in the face which results in her eyes getting damaged, and thrown into a ditch to die. Someone does manage to save her and from there the character arc is all about how the mary sue finds out how shitty of a person she has been, how privileged she was, and learning to become a better person.

Currently writing my first ever story that I hope to publish. Basically it's all about a mary sue who uses their mary sue-esque status to screw everyone over. It's your usual magic school kind of setting, and all of the students hate this mary sue. This all goes on for a little bit until all of the students gang up on the mary sue, to which, the mary sue destroys mostly all of them before eventually getting all of her powers, both magical and mary sue-esque, taken away. From there she gets beaten into a bloody pulp, fireballed right in the face which results in her eyes getting damaged, and thrown into a ditch to die. Someone does manage to save her and from there the character arc is all about how the mary sue finds out how shitty of a person she has been, how privileged she was, and learning to become a better person.
That sounds pretty interesting! Since this Mary Sue would be taken down a peg and understand how arrogant asshole she was since she was messing with everyone in her life. My guess this will be a emotional tale where the Mary Sue would grow into a better person.

I’m not planning to make it an isekai, so yay? For the first half of the story, she will sound generic for the sake of being hated by not only the students, but also the audience. I do want the audience to hate her in the first half but begin to slowly change their minds over the next half. It’s gonna be a bit difficult to do so however.

I’m not planning to make it an isekai, so yay? For the first half of the story, she will sound generic for the sake of being hated by not only the students, but also the audience. I do want the audience to hate her in the first half but begin to slowly change their minds over the next half. It’s gonna be a bit difficult to do so however.
That’s like forcing your audience to eat bland yogurt for the first half of the meal, promising them that you will deliver to them 3* mean too, promise: You still going to make a bland yogurt in the first place, and no one will like to stick around and see if what you said is true because of that.

Make the character not just hateable, make the Mary Sue character someone the audience love to hate: Someone that’s obviously bad and villainous, but also have endearing personality that make people like them, and like to hate on them. Shortest way to do that is make them campy, or very charismatic and cunning under the facade, or have something actually good for the audience to latch on

That is currently what I am trying to do, not trying to force them to hate her, but like you said, love to hate. It's something I've been trying to incorporate into my story so far, and I think I am doing...okay? Not entirely sure.

Sounds awesome! Kinda interesting to see magical London have a baseball league, I mean what would the rules be since they might use magic to cheat?

Also what did you guys think of my Rising of the Shield Hero crossover ideas? Where Oliver Queen along with Ra's Al Ghul, Slade Wilson, Damien Darhk and Malcolm Merlyn are sent to the RoSH world. Also the other Rising of the Shield Hero fanfic where Phoenix Wright acts as a lawyer for Naofumi, Raphtalia and Filo.

Last edited:
Well, aside from the reverse-isekai story about a yuri-pair hero-demon lord going to different world for adventure,...I guess one idea would be to make a story about a bullet hell online game, in which people compete with each other on not only who dodge the other's better and kill them first, but also who can create the most spetacular pattern for all to see. Could be a esport thing like King's Avatar

Sounds awesome! Kinda interesting to see magical London have a baseball league, I mean what would the rules be since they might use magic to cheat?

Also what did you guys think of my Rising of the Shield Hero crossover ideas? Where Oliver Queen along with Ra's Al Ghul, Slade Wilson, Damien Darhk and Malcolm Merlyn are sent to the RoSH world. Also the other Rising of the Shield Hero fanfic where Phoenix Wright acts as a lawyer for Naofumi, Raphtalia and Filo.
As far as the Shield Hero stuff goes... I don't really like the idea of superheroes and villains in Raphtalia's world to fight waves, although I'm aware that the ones mentioned are mostly high tier humans who specialize in handling weapons. I just don't like it.

I think the main reason it works for the heroes is because they were all geeks who were either not particularly popular/charismatic before they came, mostly isolated themselves from others, or ended up being too popular to where they just wanted to escape into a fantasy world (Motoyasu).

Superheroes and villains wouldn't have enjoyed themselves as much, nor would they have been tricked by Malty. Hell, considering Ra's Al Ghul and Slade's personalities they'd probably be willing to band together for the purposes of fighting the waves, and all of them are extraordinarily skilled.

Compared to canon Shield Hero, they'd literally coast through all of the obstacles. This is, assuming all of them are given holy weapons.

As far as the Shield Hero stuff goes... I don't really like the idea of superheroes and villains in Raphtalia's world to fight waves, although I'm aware that the ones mentioned are mostly high tier humans who specialize in handling weapons. I just don't like it.

I think the main reason it works for the heroes is because they were all geeks who were either not particularly popular/charismatic before they came, mostly isolated themselves from others, or ended up being too popular to where they just wanted to escape into a fantasy world (Motoyasu).

Superheroes and villains wouldn't have enjoyed themselves as much, nor would they have been tricked by Malty. Hell, considering Ra's Al Ghul and Slade's personalities they'd probably be willing to band together for the purposes of fighting the waves, and all of them are extraordinarily skilled.

Compared to canon Shield Hero, they'd literally coast through all of the obstacles. This is, assuming all of them are given holy weapons.
No I mean Oliver is the Bow Hero alone and he left to do his own thing while he finds Ra's Al Ghul, Slade Wilson, Damien Darhk and Malcolm Merlyn and they join his party but they have the skills they had when they died. Funny enough they are forced to be part of Oliver's team due to fate (Hint to Doctor Fate) so they have to stick with Oliver. This also means Malty could still trick Naofumi and give him a horrible time though Naofumi has Raphtalia and Filo on his side, also Oliver and the others never play much games so they would struggle quite badly in understanding the gameplay mechanics.

Also what about the idea of Phoenix Wright being in Rising of the Shield Hero as a lawyer? I mean he (Also possibly Edgeworth, Maya and Gumshoe might come I am not sure) would be summoned to the world alone and rely on his lawyer skills and would be a lawyer for Naofumi.

So the original heroes are there except Itsuki? I guess that somewhat works story-wise but it's still really weird. Itsuki is the catalyst for a lot of shit that happens in Shield Hero, along with Motoyasu and Ren. Early on they don't seem like main characters, but they certainly become important protagonists later on, removing even one of them and replacing them with a more competent and level headed adult changes the entire story.

Not saying that I'm completely opposed to changes in the Shield Hero story, more-like, I very much enjoy the original four heroes and would rather more heroes be added than someone take the place of one of them. Kinda like how if someone were to make a Katekyo Hitman Reborn crossover Fanfic, I wouldn't want them to replace like Hibari or Mukuro with a character from something else. Or how I wouldn't want Gohan or Piccolo to be replaced in a Dragonball fanfic.

Like, if you're gonna make someone who is a competent level-headed adult a hero; give them a vassal weapon (Which are almost as strong) instead of a holy weapon.

Also.

"also Oliver and the others never play much games so they would struggle quite badly in understanding the gameplay mechanics."

They really aren't that difficult to understand. It shouldn't be even for a person who's never played video games before. Especially considering that there's a help screen.

"Also what about the idea of Phoenix Wright being in Rising of the Shield Hero as a lawyer? I mean he (Also possibly Edgeworth, Maya and Gumshoe might come I am not sure) would be summoned to the world alone and rely on his lawyer skills and would be a lawyer for Naofumi."

Well, fair trials aren't exactly a thing in Melromarc kek.

Well, another stuff I'm cooking up right now is OC Summoner: Summoner that summon their own OC creation onto the world, using the power of imagination and will, and there're a whole school dedicated to make all the summoner into productive member of society (Hero no Academia style). The story revolve around a mid 30s man who, instead of having an OC of his own, have a book that copied other people's OC instead and store it in his book, which earn him the nickname Scavenger, and he is now a teacher in that school, who know have to teach a bunch of problem children.

Basically Hero Academia+GTO.

I had this dream as it was absolute crazy! It can be a decent story...I think?

In this possible story, the world seemed like as it was kinda like Attack On Titan style but the Survey Corps were gliding through the air thanks to a machine that a combined fusion of Hanji and Mirajane (Fairy Tail) made and during the time they were gliding they were getting away from flying Titans. Though at one point it caught a person who looked like a combination of Eren and Shirou Emiya and he bite the legs of a giant fly Titan and began trying to glide back until a girl who is a combined look alike from Mikasa (From Attack on Titan) and Blake (From RWBY) saved him and was able to help him fly or glide back to the group until they land on a floating debris (Like rocks and wood in the sky...yeah weird) and then finding out that a spider monster landed on it. They didn't have enough time to do another long glide so they had to sneak on it and kill it and so they did that. Then they managed to glide back to the city and remain safe.

Though at the same time there was a young boy with the combined look alike of Harry Potter, and Jaune (RWBY) took a challenge to become a hero (The trial is kinda like a combination of Tomb Raider and the hero trial from Fable III) but during that the two teachers who were the former member of the Six Heroes and wife of Jubei Musashi aka Nine the Phantom (From BlazBlue) and the man who slayed the shades that once plagued the Western world known as Nier (From the Nier game that was the prequel to Nier: Automata) took a class to see the next possible hero to replace the Six Heroes (BlazBlue) who stopped the Black Beast from destroying the world. Since the Beast appeared in Wutai (Japan) and was stopped by the Six Heroes though sadly Wutai was damaged and many had to move towards the West much like Nine the Phantom did with her husband Jubei Musashi. Then the asshole bully came and interrupted the trial and made a mess where the boy snapped and attacked the bully thus failing the test much to Nine and Nier's sadness.

Though elsewhere a grown man who has black hair, pale skin, red eyes and wearing black and red is brewing for vengeance against a man named Terumi since he destroyed a Shinto Shrine that he was living in and had killed his little sister and his caretaker. Now he has the remains of the Black Beast as his arm (Aka the Azure Grimoire) and when he uses this ability his left arm glows darkly, his hair goes white and his eyes glow red. Not only that he doesn't know his mom is Izanami the Goddess of Death and that she is inhabiting this man's little sister.

Thus the dream ended...

Also you ask these questions:

Are the flying Titans the only monster type present in the world? Or are there other kind of monsters and if so, where do the flying titans stand (like rare and powerful or goon level)? Well the answer is that no there are other types of Titans that were created from the residual of the Black Beast due to it fusing with the Titan Serum creating various mutated forms of Titans. The Titans are more or less like mid tier since they are vast but at the same time there is more creatures like various creatures from different mythologies or folklore, or even man made creations (Hint hint on this one).

Also you may ask on what is the difference between a hero trial and the survey corp unit? Or are they the same and the unit is simply called "Heroes"? The answer is that The Hero Trial are those determined for a fate to save the world in a more global manner while the survey corp unit is more or less a group that is like the Anbu and they are prone to having not a good reputation.

Another question popped up in your mind is does that mean the hero trial only serve to find one "Six Heroes" replacement or are all "Six Heroes" replaced at ones? Is there only one trial in the world or are there multiple, which lead to a team mixed from different countries/regions? The answer to this is that The trial is serve to replace the defunct Six Heroes due to the group disbanning (Plot point for secret) and that some of them are dead, missing or just retired as teachers. So they created a hero trial to find a new set of heroes to save the world. Sadly at this point there are few schools to train people to save the world but this school particular since it was created by the Ten Sages and the remainders of the Seven Heroes meaning this school has more pull of creating these trials. The other schools probably have their own set of trials but there own version of what they think of a hero since they were built by different people with different view points.

Finally your last question is that the role of the man with the Azure Grimoire. Is he hero, anti-hero or does he even assumes the role of a villain? Does he work alone or is he part of an organization? Answer to this one is that he is an anti-hero who is chasing down Terumi and soon his mother though his mentor is Jubei so he is somewhat connected to the school. Though sadly the man with the Azure Grimoire was just mentored when he was a kid by Jubei a great swordsman (Jubei Musashi was based on two great Samurai in Japanese history) and spent time with Nine the Phantom so he never got involved with the school. The man's name is Naoto Amanohokosaka or known as Shadow the Grim Reaper.

Hope these explained your questions? If any more please ask or if want to critise then write away since I love to get more responses since I felt like this work could use some prompt.

Last edited:
Back