• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Writing Discussion Thread

I thought about doing a project about a warrior who's reached almost mythological status named Set-Ni-Yī (Meaning "three", "two", "one" in Korean, Japanese and Chinese respectively), but lost his memory when losing to a rival and the only one who ever defeated him. All he currently remembers is 25 disciples/students he refers to as "prodigies". He taught each one 1 of his 25 techniques so they could evolve it, make variations, etc., so that they could rival or even surpass his usage of the technique. The goal behind this was to have them all surpass him so he would have a challenge to face and more than one worthy rival to combat in the future. So, it would focus on Set regaining his memories, regathering his students and defeating the only foe who's ever beaten him.

But, I honestly feel like something's missing from the plotline. Any ideas on what that could be?

It seems to be a simple and very straightforward story, I don't even know what to type, since I still don't know much about the world ...

Maybe it helps to tell you what the ambience is like, the style you want to follow.

It seems to be a simple and very straightforward story, I don't even know what to type, since I still don't know much about the world ...

Maybe it helps to tell you what the ambience is like, the style you want to follow.
I kind of wanted to take some influence from Journey to the West and martial arts films, since the numerous Bruce Lee videos I've seen recently partially inspired this.

I kinda wanna create a fanfic where I fuse Mega Man franchise with Gunvolt series, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Final Fantasy series (Only VI, VII, VIII, IX, X and XV) and finally Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild…but not sure where to start.

I kinda wanna create a fanfic where I fuse Mega Man franchise with Gunvolt series, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Final Fantasy series (Only VI, VII, VIII, IX, X and XV) and finally Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild…but not sure where to start.
What if you start drafts regarding that? Like, a way to practice how the story will go on.
On the other hand, start writing when feel up to do that. And mostly... Enjoy doing it.

Guys what do you think of a fusion warp world of DC and Marvel? It’s like Warp World (where two Marvel characters fused together) but DC added to it meaning DC and Marvel characters fused together! I am thinking of that story but hitting a few road blocks.

The Explosion Demon:​

MC is a young man from a modern world who possesses the psychic ability to create explosions. A power which is the pinnacle of psychic abilities.
However; due to this power being uncontrollable, unstoppable, and completely chaotic in nature, it is impossible for him to use this power without losing his mind to it and becoming a monster. Or, as he would call it, a demon.

Luckily, with the help of his mother, he sealed the power away for the past 10 years. With the condition being that the seal loosens with every angry outburst he has.

Now, moving on into young adulthood, will he be able to be as stress free as he was before?

What is chaos? If you were to look at a definition, you'd probably see answers like "Disorder, Confusion, Mayhem." Along with dozens of other definitions... but in reality it's probably a lot more simple than that. Chaos is an explosion. A sudden wave or burst of disaster which throws everything in its surroundings into disarray.

The Explosion Demon:​

MC is a young man from a modern world who possesses the psychic ability to create explosions. A power which is the pinnacle of psychic abilities.
However; due to this power being uncontrollable, unstoppable, and completely chaotic in nature, it is impossible for him to use this power without losing his mind to it and becoming a monster. Or, as he would call it, a demon.

Luckily, with the help of his mother, he sealed the power away for the past 10 years. With the condition being that the seal loosens with every angry outburst he has.

Now, moving on into young adulthood, will he be able to be as stress free as he was before?
Interesting, I have an explosion user (other things too, but that's major) who dies if they use physical means to fight (and it's just laughably ineffective in comparison), or at least suffers greatly, due to her metabolism.

Last edited:
Basically, it's been hiding its magical creatures for 18 years, and we still don't know why (it seems like they just take it for granted that it would end badly, when keeping up the masquerade has done more damage than any one season's villains).

I didn't know this thread existed, and I'm very glad to join it!

As soon as I am done with some stuff here, I'll read it from the beginning and share some stuff.

I'm currently typing a story with two other friends, its a Mecha series focused in a post apocalyptic world under the rule of oppressive corporations where mercenaries have to work for each of them, much more details for those interested.

This is a fanfic to be fair, keen eyed people can probably tell of what.

Mechs in this series are under two classifications, Normals (which are basically just standard mechs) and NEXTs which are next generation mechs. NEXTs boost around at lighting fast speed and spread a form of nuclear radiation whenever they fight, polluting the earth to unbelievable points of waste, rendering the surface uninhabitable. Corporations use these NEXTs to overthrow the old world government and establish a new one underneath them where they wage war with eachother using mercenaries who use these NEXTs.

To escape the pollution, they built sky cities called cradles, but at best they are a stopgap measure, polluting the planet further.

Three men, Emmaunel Venide, a Money Hungry Maniac obsessed with money and protecting his only daughter. Scott Bryce, a moral idealist with a loving girlfriend he's willing to die for, and Johann Anderson, the logical hunter in the middle who stops them from killing eachother. They must learn to put a stop to the cradles no matter how many lives will be lost, but nothing is ever so simple is it?

This is a fanfic to be fair, keen eyed people can probably tell of what.

Mechs in this series are under two classifications, Normals (which are basically just standard mechs) and NEXTs which are next generation mechs. NEXTs boost around at lighting fast speed and spread a form of nuclear radiation whenever they fight, polluting the earth to unbelievable points of waste, rendering the surface uninhabitable. Corporations use these NEXTs to overthrow the old world government and establish a new one underneath them where they wage war with eachother using mercenaries who use these NEXTs.

To escape the pollution, they built sky cities called cradles, but at best they are a stopgap measure, polluting the planet further.

Three men, Emmaunel Venide, a Money Hungry Maniac obsessed with money and protecting his only daughter. Scott Bryce, a moral idealist with a loving girlfriend he's willing to die for, and Johann Anderson, the logical hunter in the middle who stops them from killing eachother. They must learn to put a stop to the cradles no matter how many lives will be lost, but nothing is ever so simple is it?
That sounds super fascinating! I'd be down to read something like that.

I have three different unrelated stories I'm writing right now, though I'm more or less figuring out the details on them and haven't gotten very far due to my more sparratic on and off nature when it comes to them.

I'm writing a story in which the culture of the world is heavily based on medieval France; except it has magic and monsters.

Wichard Roland (Age 15), a young newlywed farmer living in a countryside village named Kinter, is tending to his farm one day when a group of magic wielding individuals shrouded in darkness attacks his village. Due to the policies enforced by their ruling lord, the people of Kinter village were unable to legally practice magic; thereby, they were helpless against the assault.

In a last-ditch effort, Wichard's father used a strange kind of magic to save him from the assault. Teleporting Richard to a location which was half a day away from the village. Upon his return, Wichard found the entire village burned to the ground and all of the men killed, including his father. With the women and children presumably being sold into slavery; Wichard set out towards Paris, a popular slave-trading city, to find the missing villages and his young wife named Risette Roland. Upon locating them, he hopes to rebuild his village.

well i am writing a whole original story right now (in an extremely short summary, dude ends up in the spirit side of the world and becomes a bounty hunter) (note, this isn't an isekai, he's in our modern world but just on the spirit side of it, unable to interact with man-made things and seeing spirits and things made by them instead)

I had an idea for a story about an evil scientist and another about a dude who deals with problems in the digital world that ended up fusing with other dimensions.

i also have a poem i could share...

Am writing an Isekai x VRMMORPG right now, about a pair of blood brother and sister (mean not related by blood) (also not lewd, just pure sibling wholesomeness) ( Jesus Christ I have to write that disclaimer…) who accidentally travel from their fantasy world into Earth…or more accurately, into a popular VRMMORPG called Isekai Online (guess what the title is), and accidentally wreck havoc on one of the most anticipated event of the year. With both of them finding it fun, they return, prepared their belonging, and go back to Earth proper in order to join as a player.

Since they make enough chaos as it is the first time they arrive, this time they want to keep it low-profile, starting with doing something completely different from what they do back home. But, since those two kinda share the same brain cell, and is also completely lacking in common sense, it’s never going to work to begin with…

Am writing an Isekai x VRMMORPG right now, about a pair of blood brother and sister (mean not related by blood) (also not lewd, just pure sibling wholesomeness) ( Jesus Christ I have to write that disclaimer…) who accidentally travel from their fantasy world into Earth…or more accurately, into a popular VRMMORPG called Isekai Online (guess what the title is), and accidentally wreck havoc on one of the most anticipated event of the year. With both of them finding it fun, they return, prepared their belonging, and go back to Earth proper in order to join as a player.

Since they make enough chaos as it is the first time they arrive, this time they want to keep it low-profile, starting with doing something completely different from what they do back home. But, since those two kinda share the same brain cell, and is also completely lacking in common sense, it’s never going to work to begin with…
Don't say that. Practically any concept can work if the execution is right. Focus on narrowing down the ideas you have and refining the ones you want to use. Ask yourself how the pieces connect. If they don't, you can scrap or edit some of those concepts so that the story has a much better flow to it.

Back