• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will You Shatter Fate? - RP Thread

"It's quite alright, ma'am. If I may ask, what is your name?" Jack asked in a soft, but stern tone.
She bows, almost like a doll, despite the warm welcome. Her demeanor seams to change on a dime. The fear is lost from her eyes and she seems to just... accept everything. Like she's become something of an automaton despite being flesh and blood.

"Beat. Short for Beatelle."

She bows, almost like a doll, despite the warm welcome. Her demeanor seams to change on a dime. The fear is lost from her eyes and she seems to just... accept everything. Like she's become something of an automaton despite being flesh and blood.

"I don't think I've ever heard a name quite like that before. I like it." Hikaru says in response.

"Wait, wait, wait... Where are you from, sir...?" Yuri questioned, tilting her head.
"...I...uh...think my pa' said our village was a part of this...thing called Rome once." Ashe said blankly, giving her a small shrug.

"...you speak in a southern accent, you're Caucasian, and you don't know what the USA is? A state is a large landmass governed by a government." Kuthaliara said, clearly confused
"O-oh! So it's...like...a uh...kingdom! I...I've heard of those!" Ashe said. Seemingly a bit proud of that bit of knowledge.

(I described his accent as vaguely Italian during his intro, he talks improperly because he lacks education, my bad for the confusion.)

"....1...7...7...6?" Ashe said blankly. He thought about this for a moment, before awkwardly scratching his neck, a bit of seawater spilling from his skin with the motion.

"....Erm'...sir. Are those...numbers supposed to mean somethin'?"
"Those numbers indicate a specific year, in this case one thousand, seven hundred and seventy six years A.D."

"How polite! And what an interesting name you have. Mine is Jack. Jack Flynn, that is; Founder and CEO, well, I guess previous CEO, of Flynn Oil." Jack replied with a smile full of pride.

"...I...uh...think my pa' said our village was a part of this...thing called Rome once." Ashe said blankly, giving her a small shrug.

"O-oh! So it's...like...a uh...kingdom! I...I've heard of those!" Ashe said. Seemingly a bit proud of that bit of knowledge.

(I described his accent as vaguely Italian during his intro, he talks improperly because he lacks education, my bad for the confusion.)
(Oh lol, but yeah that aint roman thats southern lol)

"Rome, huh, do you recall the name of your Emperor?" Kuthaliara asked

"I don't think I've ever heard a name quite like that before. I like it." Hikaru says in response.
"Thank you..." She'd raise her body, nary a visible reaction towards the compliment but a small, almost unnoticeable smile.
"How polite! And what an interesting name you have. Mine is Jack. Jack Flynn, that is; Founder and CEO, well, I guess previous CEO, of Flynn Oil." Jack replied with a smile full of pride.
"A pleasure..." She turns to the other and nods her head, though... seeing someone of influence in this world as well, causes her to flinch momentarily. Looks like one of the suitors her parents would arrange her to marry. She never did get assigned one. She shivers at the thought of such a future. But it looks like things have managed to catch up to her.

"If we were all brought here after death, being pulled from different times isn't the most impossible thing to believe." Hikaru added. "This is already going supernatural, so who knows how far it could go."

"If we were all brought here after death, being pulled from different times isn't the most impossible thing to believe." Hikaru added. "This is already going supernatural, so who knows how far it could go."
"True, true. If that is the case, it will be most interesting learning about the different cultures of each time period more in-depth." Jack said, interested in learning about the mysteries of the past yet to be discovered.

"Rome, huh, do you recall the name of your Emperor?" Kuthaliara asked
"...Um...emperor...?" Ashe said blankly.

"...I...uh...think the man on the...little trinket things was called...uh..." He racked his mind, trying to recall the rare instances where he had seen them on those small, coins his father used to carry.

"...Gaius? Gaius...erm...Kiasar...?" He said blankly, mispronouncing the last word.

(He's referring to Caesar Augustus, not Julius Caesar)

"...Rome?" Yuri murmured, "I... believe Rome fell quite a long time before you would be born, Sir."
"...Well I don' know much about it. Ain't never left my village." He said, giving her another small shrug.

"...But I didn't see any fallin' when I was alive..."

"...Well I don' know much about it. Ain't never left my village." He said, giving her another small shrug.

"...I... suppose that's expected." Yuri sighed out, before straightening her posture and bowing.

"I don't believe we have ever... formally introduced ourselves. My name is Yuri, Sir."

"...I...uh...think the man on the...little trinket things was called...uh..." He racked his mind, trying to recall the rare instances where he had seen them on those small, coins his father used to carry.

"...Gaius? Gaius...erm...Kiasar...?" He said blankly, mispronouncing the last word.

(Inferior Caesar fr fr)

"Strange...I seem to have distant memories of Rome despite living millennia after its fall. Is this an effect of the sphere, perhaps? Anywho, do you happen to know one Julius Caesar?"

"Ah, so you're from early Rome, makes sense." Kuthaliara said with a smile

"By the way, Ex, can you explain what happened to us when we touched those balls?" Kuthaliara asked

"...I... suppose that's expected." Yuri sighed out, before straightening her posture and bowing.

"I don't believe we have ever... formally introduced ourselves. My name is Yuri, Sir."
"...My pa named me Ashe. It's nice to meet you, ma'am." Ashe said, flashing her a soft smile.

"...Does...this mean you folks are from the future? Like...many moons from when I...uh..."

"Died?"

(Inferior Caesar fr fr)

"Strange...I seem to have distant memories of Rome despite living millennia after its fall. Is this an effect of the sphere, perhaps? Anywho, do you happen to know one Julius Caesar?"
Ashe pondered this, scratching his head.

"...I think my...pa' mentioned someone like that. He seemed...important..."

"...But I didn't pay much attention to Pa's lessons, so I don't know much besides that." He said, shrugging ever so slightly.

"Touching... balls?" She tilts her head in a curious manner, though it looks as if she's fighting a certain expression underneath her mask of a face.
"Yes, touching balls!" Kuthaliara said enthusiastically, knowing full well the less then PG connotations of that

"...My pa named me Ashe. It's nice to meet you, ma'am." Ashe said, flashing her a soft smile.

"...Does...this mean you folks are from the future? Like...many moons from when I...uh..."

"Died?"
"It... seems we are from different points in time, yes. I was... born in 1950." Yuri explained, "I don't uh... know if you know what exactly that is, but... it's in the future."
"Touching... balls?" She tilts her head in a curious manner, though it looks as if she's fighting a certain expression underneath her mask of a face.
"By the way, Ex, can you explain what happened to us when we touched those balls?" Kuthaliara asked
"Huh...? Ah, right! I need to give you one to, Beetlejuice!" Ex said, a floating, neon-colored sphere manifesting in front of B (cause I forgot how to spell her name).

"Huh...? Ah, right! I need to give you one to, Beetlejuice!" Ex said, a floating, neon-colored sphere manifesting in front of B (cause I forgot how to spell her name).
Beatelle Geuis reaches forward and gently taps her finger against the sphere. "Very well... I will... touch one of these balls..."

Beatelle Geuis reaches forward and gently taps her finger against the sphere. "Very well... I will... touch one of these balls..."
The moment her finger touches the sphere, she can immediately feel knowledge of another life flow into her brain in a rush of information, her body changing in tandem.

(I'll regurgitate what I said above, since you came late:
(Up to yall to decide how exactly they change here.)

The moment her finger touches the sphere, she can immediately feel knowledge of another life flow into her brain in a rush of information, her body changing in tandem.
"A-Ah...."

Her eyes haze over as she does... Slowly stumbling backwards and holding her head. She feels... emotions she's never felt before. Happiness. Tragedy. Fun. Fear. Sometimes the last two blend in between. And yet, there's a certain power within her. She can feel it... inside her... protecting her. Black streaks begin to invade her pure and white hair. A tight breath as she holds her chest... Bewildered but... unharmed.

"Died?"

"...But I didn't pay much attention to Pa's lessons, so I don't know much besides that." He said, shrugging ever so slightly.
"Ashe, so, Ashes to Ashes to Ashes?"

"A-Ah...."

Her eyes haze over as she does... Slowly stumbling backwards and holding her head. She feels... emotions she's never felt before. Happiness. Tragedy. Fun. Fear. Sometimes the last two blend in between. And yet, there's a certain power within her. She can feel it... inside her... protecting her. Black streaks begin to invade her pure and white hair. A tight breath as she holds her chest... Bewildered but... unharmed.

Hikaru gave a sigh of relief when it appeared that she was still standing. Glad that she didn't fall unconscious or die like the incident before. "You feeling okay now?"

Hikaru gave a sigh of relief when it appeared that she was still standing. Glad that she didn't fall unconscious or die like the incident before. "You feeling okay now?"
"I... I don't know. Feels like... my brain just downloaded an encyclopedia of someone else's life..." She admitted, breaking her monotone mannerisms in order to expel a more youthful voice and demeanor. As if a lock was broken on her soul.

"Died?"
"More than likely. I was born in 1988, a little over a millennia and a half after you died, or at least I assume."

"A shame. Let me give you a quick re-cap; he was an amazing general for the Roman army and was made Dictator. He wanted to become full-time emperor, but his best friend Brutus didn't like that, so he and a bunch of senators stabbed him to death. Kind of reminds me of how I died now that I say it out loud" Jack said, starting to think more about the events that transpired before his demise.

(I'll regurgitate what I said above, since you came late:
(So Azontr do the people who vore the spheres know the name and shit of who they vored?)

"I... I don't know. Feels like... my brain just downloaded an encyclopedia of someone else's life..." She admitted, breaking her monotone mannerisms in order to expel a more youthful voice and demeanor. As if a lock was broken on her soul.
He nodded in response saying, "Yeah, same thing happened to me earlier. A lot of new information, although I actually did already know a good bit of it beforehand." He said remembering the hours he put into his research.

He nodded in response saying, "Yeah, same thing happened to me earlier. A lot of new information, although I actually did already know a good bit of it beforehand." He said remembering the hours he put into his research.
"I remember this name from the archives... It's an Old World Myth. But it was lost to time. Only had bits and pieces of the full picture..." But it was a nice myth; a nice story. She didn't realize the Old World could be so perverse and odd. She liked that. It's not the kind of story she'd ever be allowed to watch. So many interpretations too. Abstract drawings, a motion picture, and an opera. All three flowing into her brain to create one narrative. She felt she understood this other life... and envied it's owner just a bit.

"The same thing here. Feels like years of leading and strategy just got put into my head (as well as a large abundance of orgies)."

"Honestly, I'm getting kind of bored..." Kuthaliara said, laying on her side in mid-air, clearly she was too excited for her own good as she slowly creeped along "Also, Ex, you didn't answer my question, what happened precisely when we touched those balls?"

Hyde breathed out, he was studying them all, trying to get their strengths and weaknesses down

"Yes, yes, I'm sure the process of becoming an Apostle is quite arduous for all of you... Boo hoo. But! You have gained immense power! You have absorbed the Spirit of History, and become one with your blood relative from another time!" Ex explained.

"Blood... relative..." Yuri muttered, "So our... descendants? Or our great grandparents?"

"Precisely!" Ex exclaimed, "An Apostle is what we God's call your kind."

"Yes, yes, I'm sure the process of becoming an Apostle is quite arduous for all of you... Boo hoo. But! You have gained immense power! You have absorbed the Spirit of History, and become one with your blood relative from another time!" Ex explained.

"Blood... relative..." Yuri muttered, "So our... descendants? Or our great grandparents?"

"That makes sense, so, Yuri, who are you the Apostle of?" Kuthaliara asked

Hyde simply nodded

"How very interesting, this certainly promotes that we look Into timelines!" Drew said, he seemed highly interested in this

"Another... time? Things like spirits and ghosts and demons... They exist..."

Her eyes went wide... and for the first time in her life, she felt truly happy.

"So I'm actually related to him?" Hikaru said looking down at himself. This was unbelievable. To think one of the people he had spent so much time reading about had been an ancestor of his. The one and only Abe no Seimei. He couldn't help but laugh a little.

Back