• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will You Shatter Fate? - RP Thread

Come on, show me something, Hikaru thought to himself. He was so absorbed in his own thoughts he hadn’t even noticed the tremors from before. Even just a small glimpse would be useful now.
Yuri glanced over at Hikaru, lost in his own thoughts. She tilted her head for a moment, before shrugging. She called out:

"Sir, are you alright? You seem quite tense!"

"...He is very good at focusing. I should note that." Yuri thought to herself. She slowly walked over to Hikaru, leaning down to him.

"Sir! Are you okay!?" She exclaimed.

"...He is very good at focusing. I should note that." Yuri thought to herself. She slowly walked over to Hikaru, leaning down to him.

"Sir! Are you okay!?" She exclaimed.

Finally Hikaru reacted. His eyes shot open as he looked around briefly before saying, “Oh Yuri, it’s you. I’m doing fine. Was there something you needed?”

Finally Hikaru reacted. His eyes shot open as he looked around briefly before saying, “Oh Yuri, it’s you. I’m doing fine. Was there something you needed?”
"No, no, not anything I needed... You just looked very tense, and my normal calls did not get a response out of you. So I decided to be more... verbose." Yuri explained.

"No, no, not anything I needed... You just looked very tense, and my normal calls did not get a response out of you. So I decided to be more... verbose." Yuri explained.

He let out an embarrassed laugh saying, “Sorry if I worried you. I guess I got so into it that I wasn’t paying attention to those around me.”

He let out an embarrassed laugh saying, “Sorry if I worried you. I guess I got so into it that I wasn’t paying attention to those around me.”
"What exactly were you thinking about that required such intense focus, Sir?" Yuri questioned, straightening her posture.

"What exactly were you thinking about that required such intense focus, Sir?" Yuri questioned, straightening her posture.
Hikaru stood up and looked around to make sure the old man was still away after the warning he had received earlier and then speaking in a slightly hushed tone to Yuri said, “I was attempting to preform a divination. As an Onmyōji I can at times gain small pieces of knowledge of the future. The being who brought us here choose not to give us some information so I figured being able to learn even a small glimpse of the future would be useful.” Then returning his voice back to normal said, “Also you don’t need to keep calling Sir all the time.”

Hikaru stood up and looked around to make sure the old man was still away after the warning he had received earlier and then speaking in a slightly hushed tone to Yuri said, “I was attempting to preform a divination. As an Onmyōji I can at times gain small pieces of knowledge of the future. The being who brought us here choose not to give us some information so I figured being able to learn even a small glimpse of the future would be useful.” Then returning his voice back to normal said, “Also you don’t need to keep calling Sir all the time.”
"Oh! I've heard of such a concept in Chinese and Japanese Myth... But if it requires extreme focus, perhaps you should try being a little less tense." Yuri advised, "Also, sorry. It's simply a habit for me to address everyone formally."

"Oh! I've heard of such a concept in Chinese and Japanese Myth... But if it requires extreme focus, perhaps you should try being a little less tense." Yuri advised, "Also, sorry. It's simply a habit for me to address everyone formally."
Hikaru nodded and said, “I’ll keep that in mind. Thank you for the advice.” He then took the opportunity to pull out his shikigami talisman. Saying, “Getting there. Shouldn’t be too long to have them back in action.”

Hikaru nodded and said, “I’ll keep that in mind. Thank you for the advice.” He then took the opportunity to pull out his shikigami talisman. Saying, “Getting there. Shouldn’t be too long to have them back in action.”
"Oh, speaking of your... Shikigami. If they are still not fit for combat, I believe I have a way to perhaps ready them for it." Yuri suggested, "Healing is within the repertoire of my abilities. I can perhaps impart a portion of my own energy to you, so that the healing process speeds up. It might even increase the effectiveness of your... divination."

"Oh, speaking of your... Shikigami. If they are still not fit for combat, I believe I have a way to perhaps ready them for it." Yuri suggested, "Healing is within the repertoire of my abilities. I can perhaps impart a portion of my own energy to you, so that the healing process speeds up. It might even increase the effectiveness of your... divination."
“That sounds like a great idea. If you really can pull that off I’d feel a lot better.” He said sounding very excited at the idea, “So what do we have to do?”

“That sounds like a great idea. If you really can pull that off I’d feel a lot better.” He said sounding very excited at the idea, “So what do we have to do?”
"I do not know!" Yuri said, "But we shall find out in a moment. Would you be uncomfortable with me placing my hands upon you?"

“Nah, that’s fine with me.”
"Spectacular! Tell me if you feel any pain or discomfort."

Yuri moved closer to Hikaru, placing both of her hands on his back. A gentle crimson energy began to emanate off of her body, the color being akin to fresh blood- The energy, after settling around Yuri's body for a few moments, began to make contact with Hikaru, slowly restoring his stamina and energy-reserves.
"Heh! You don't say...."
"Heh... It seems like your friends are a bit busy with their own work. You all acclimate very well to unfamiliar environments." The old man said as they arrived back.

"Spectacular! Tell me if you feel any pain or discomfort."

Yuri moved closer to Hikaru, placing both of her hands on his back. A gentle crimson energy began to emanate off of her body, the color being akin to fresh blood- The energy, after settling around Yuri's body for a few moments, began to make contact with Hikaru, slowly restoring his stamina and energy-reserves.
Hikaru felt the flow of energy begin to restore him. It felt comforting and calming. As this occurred he could also feel his shikigami’s regeneration improve significantly. It wasn’t long before he felt that they were back up to fighting strength. With that task done he turned his attention back to his divination. Remembering Yuri’s advice he remained relaxed as he tried once more to gaze into the future.

Yuri smiled, removing her hands from Hikaru's back as her energy subsided. She gently turned towards Tom, but at the same time noticed the old man and Loka had returned from... wherever they were.

"I believe it may be wise to postpone your game..." Yuri suggested, whispering to Tom.

Hikaru, not being completely absorbed in his own thoughts at this point, heard what was going on and noticed the old man returned. Looks like I might have to save that for later. He thought to himself.

"It's whatever you want it to be. I will begin making the preparations to send you all off to the next floor..."

The man slowly raised his hands to his neck, feeling at it, before falling to his knees. He began choking, "A... k... hk... a.. agh..."

It seemed as if dark roots had begun protruding from within his neck, the man able to breath or speak as the roots began shooting down his esophagus and invading his body from within.

"Move!!" Yuri exclaimed, pushing Loka to the side. "I... I've... I've never seen anything like this before..."
(it's about 20 meters away, right?)
(Something like that.)

Back