• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Him knowing that it can transmutate him?

I'd rather his weakness be "Prefers hand-to-hand over using the stones as his first move", as he, when he sees that he needs an equalizer, will use it immediately. E.g. He knows he can't beat Strange without the stones, and he can't exactly punch Stark if Stark flies away.

^You agreed with this. He prefers to start with hand to hand, especialy with his lack of knowlege of on madara's AP.

That still makes no sense.

Also I'm pretty sure once he starts seeing Madara flying around and using jutsu he's going straight to the stones.

What? that madara would try to take away something he knows can kill him?

Flight is not that special of a power, and madara in this form only uses limbo and thruth seeking orbs, neither of which give away AP

Scratch that.

Switch my vote back to Thanos for UMR's very good reasoning.
Cranston_mic_drop.gif

What possible way does Madara take away the stones? People stronger than him have tried, and failed.

Flight would encourage him to use the stones due to the fact that usually people who can fly have other abilities, and flight would make hand to hand impossible, in which case his gauntlet makes up for the range being an issue.

Using invisible clones strong enough to cleanly cut through thanos.

But... Madara goes in for h2h in character after summoning limbo clones. He would at most use flight to get closer

Why would limbo be able to pass through his shields? They exist in the same physical world, you just can't sense or see them without six paths chakra.

Golden Void said:
Why would limbo be able to pass through his shields? They exist in the same physical world, you just can't sense or see them without six paths chakra.
PLOT

I don't think Limbo can pass through shields.

It's explicitly stated that while the clones exist in a mirror world, that world shares the same physical space as ours. It's how Naruto and Sasuke are able to start making them disappear--by using Six Paths chakra to detect them, and destroy them.

I think the bigger question is, what is going to trigger Thanos into using his shields? I can't even really recall a moment where he even used a shield in the Infinity War movie. What's stopping Madara from just using Limbo right off the bat, and killing Thanos before Thanos even has a chance of comprehending the attack?

EDIT: Oh, I see. According to Ricsi's link, normal attacks (including the matter-destroying Truth Seeking Staff Naruto was using in that link), pass right through Limbo clones--meaning Thanos' shields wouldn't be an issue to get past.

Korudo Daio said:
It's explicitly stated that while the clones exist in mirror world, that world shares the same physical space as ours. It's how Naruto and Sasuke are able to start making them disappear--by using Six Paths chakra to detect them, and destroy them.
Not really If not, sasuke remarking that Sage chakra can affect them and narutos strike damaging it seems reduntant, or that its stated that physical attacks don't work on it .

Ricsi-viragosi said:
read the edit. c:

Either way, voting for Madara, by way of Limbo: Border Prison. Madara's clones would have no issue passing through Thanos' shields, as they aren't made of Six Paths energy; Madara also uses said clones right off the bat in his 5-B forms.

Limbo is in an invisible world, sharing the same space and time as ours. Sakura landed a blow on limbo, so its safe to say Thanos would destroy them. If the issue is "sage chakra is necessary to harm limbo" then that falls under verse equalization, otherwise limbo would would be an NLF outside of any in-verse fight.

When did sakura hit them?

And verse equalisation equalizes a sheld if energy with the sages chakra how? Its nlf to assume they cannot be hit by anything, but that doesnt mean its nlf to assume they cannot be hit by normal attacks

Wait, do you mean when madara willingly used as a shield? The limbo can interact with thw world if he wants it, so its logical that they can acr as a shield if he wants it

Can't be seen, can't be sensed, can't be harmed unless you have a very specific type of energy.....doesn't leave people with many options.

Additionally I can say, since Sakura could hit limbo, Thanos could too, and Madara has no feats of surviving a 5-A attack, so they get wrecked.

The issue then becomes seeing/sensing it. Madara has up to 4 limbo clones, and they never jumped or killed anybody, just mainly set themselves up as walls or knocked people back.

Of course, this is hypothesizing that Thanos would get into a slugfest with Madara, and not use the reality or time stone to incapacitate him.

Any attack capable of hitting or affecting another world can work against it.

Exept madara willingly used it as a shield. To say that makes it unable to phase through stuff is like saying that it can hit things, so it must be physical. It was shown to be capable of interacting with matter when it wants too, and phasing through things when it didnt want to be hit.

The tailed beasts?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I'd rather his weakness be "Prefers hand-to-hand over using the stones as his first move", as he, when he sees that he needs an equalizer, will use it immediately. E.g. He knows he can't beat Strange without the stones, and he can't exactly punch Stark if Stark flies away.

^You agreed with this. He prefers to start with hand to hand, especialy with his lack of knowlege of on madara's AP.

Golden Void said:
Why are you quoting already addressed posts?
Adressed by saying that Thanos would try to make up for range when madara directly goes in for h2h?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back