• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You're almost convincing me to actually do this.
Then do it, otherwise we're just wasting our time here
Law would still have precog and prior knowledge in his favor in order to prevent this.
If Law doesn't have any passive or thought based attack, it doesn't matter how much precog and prior knowledge he has, both will make a move at the same time, in Thanos' case the snap

In Law's last fight his initial move was R-room, it's basically a Room but Law doesn't need to expand it from his hand, but from the enemy himself, allowing him to attack faster.
lmao didn't knew this move
ok, that+kenbunshoku really eases things out.

as of now, Thanos can't do a thing about that, so what about...
Takt+Gamma Knife?
Mes+Shambles?
Mes+Gamma Knife?

as i see it now, any combo starting with Takt or Mes would end Thanos.
Think i have enough to vote for Law

Checked the wiki and r-room apparently has to be thrown and with the starting distance thanos would have more than enough time to snap so my vote is for thanos.

Checked the wiki and r-room apparently has to be thrown and with the starting distance thanos would have more than enough time to snap so my vote is for thanos.
now that i spent more time to read his profile, his room by itself doesn't take long to produce/expand.
Since we're dealing with FTL characters, creating a 20m Room+Amputate would be pretty possible, imo

Law needs to create a Room (either a normal one or a K-Room) and then perform a hand movements or a slash with his sword to actually incap of kill him. Meanwhile, Thanos just needs to rise his hand and snap his finger, which is far faster.
On top of this, I might be wrong but we never sees him actually using Shambles on object that an opponent is wearing, only in the entirety of the person and, maybe, stuff they are holding with their hands, so him using Shambles on the Gauntlet on itself while Thanos wears it is a bit doubtious to me.
And apart from that anything else he does will take too much time to actually incap or kill Thanos before he is able to snap his fingers. And I think it's worth noting that the Snap have Universal range, so no matter where Law is, he will be affected by it.
I personally don't see Law winning this, but I wont discuss this any further since I don't have a lot of time, I just wanted to say my opinion on the match. My vote goes to Thanos.

On top of this, I might be wrong but we never sees him actually using Shambles on object that an opponent is wearing, only in the entirety of the person and, maybe, stuff they are holding with their hands, so him using Shambles on the Gauntlet on itself while Thanos wears it is a bit doubtious to me.
And apart from that anything else he does will take too much time to actually incap or kill Thanos before he is able to snap his fingers. And I think it's worth noting that the Snap have Universal range, so no matter where Law is, he will be affected by it.
that's why i support the idea of Amputate.

that's why i support the idea of Amputate.
Just want to note that Amputare would be the worst move he could use. To do that, he needs to create a Room, expand it and than perform a slash with his sword, which would be even slower than doing a hand movement like with Shambles. On top this, the amputated body parts can still perform minimal movements, so if he manages to cut his hand off he could still Snap, or if that is a too complex movement he can just close his hand and use another Stone, like the Reality Stone to reattach his body or the Time Stone to reverse time and return whole.
I don't see a good way in which Law can win this quickly, tbh. He do have wincons, just not any that can give him the win before Thanos snaps.

law uses shambles, uses the ig and neg diffs thanos
Already explained why this wont help in the previous comment.

Law needs to create a Room (either a normal one or a K-Room) and then perform a hand movements or a slash with his sword to actually incap of kill him. Meanwhile, Thanos just needs to rise his hand and snap his finger, which is far faster.
I personally don't see Law winning this, but I wont discuss this any further since I don't have a lot of time, I just wanted to say my opinion on the match. My vote goes to Thanos.

And even if Law manages to steal the IG he would die from using it due to the damage it causes, the radiation it emits, and his life essence being absorbed

He wouldn't use it, it's too big for his arm. Since Law has full knowledge on Thanos he'd just shambles the gauntlet away and then finish Thanos with amputate or Mes.

Thanos stomps hard.
He has conceptual manipulation type 2, time manipulation, Acausality type 1 etc

He wouldn't use it, it's too big for his arm. Since Law has full knowledge on Thanos he'd just shambles the gauntlet away and then finish Thanos with amputate or Mes.
He wont have the time to actually do the Shamble. Law needs to create the room, expand it and than make a hand movement. Thanos just needs to snap his finger.
At the very best this is an Incon, but I am sure snapping finger is faster than anything Law have.

Thanos stomps hard.
He has conceptual manipulation type 2, time manipulation, Acausality type 1 etc
It's not a stomp, Law have wincons. Thanos just have much more chances at winning this imho.

If Law has full knowledge on Thanos AND his abilities then this might be inconclusive since Law might instantly go for a kill or switch the gauntlet out for something else but there's also the fact that the snap doesn't take that long

He wont have the time to actually do the Shamble. Law needs to create the room, expand it and than make a hand movement. Thanos just needs to snap his finger.
At the very best this is an Incon, but I am sure snapping finger is faster than anything Law have.
I'm looking at every clip where Thanos does or attempts to do the snap and he's shown taking his sweet time in all the clips I've seen, Law's room creation is able to reach tens of kilometers in a near instant never mind 20 meters and shambles is literally just a pose with his fingers.
Or being stuck in a time loop for eternity before he can do that or getting reality warped.
It's really a huge stretch to say that.
Looks like you'll need to make a CRT to argue that since apparently it's accepted his first move is snapping his fingers.

I'm looking at every clip where Thanos does or attempts to do the snap and he's shown taking his sweet time in all the clips I've seen, Law's room creation is able to reach tens of kilometers in a near instant never mind 20 meters and shambles is literally just a pose with his fingers.

Looks like you'll need to make a CRT to argue that since apparently it's accepted his first move is snapping his fingers.
What? He literally turns drax into some kind of paper or something and quill's gun into a bubble. No CRT needed.

What? He literally turns drax into some kind of paper or something and quill's gun into a bubble. No CRT needed.
As I said, if you want to change his accepted Standard Tactic you will have to make a CRT
When equipped with the Complete Gauntlet, his first move will be to snap his finger in order to destroy his opponent, deconstructing them and turning them into ashes.

I'm looking at every clip where Thanos does or attempts to do the snap and he's shown taking his sweet time in all the clips I've seen
I mean, Thanos had a giant ax struck in the chest, and Thor still wasn't able to react and stop the snap anyways. Thanos only has to make one move to win, while Law has to make two

I mean, Thanos had a giant ax struck in the chest, and Thor still wasn't able to react and stop the snap anyways. Thanos only has to make one move to win, while Law has to make two
He reacted, he just straight up didn't do shit other than scream "no". My point is that while Thor was gloating Thanos was just sitting there, he never just instantly snapped his fingers which is what would be required to stop one of Law's easiest moves to pull off.

And I did specify clips, in end game he wasn't nerfed by an axe in his chest and iirc he directly knew his future versions failings yet both times where he attempted to snap it still took his sweet time before doing it, not a long time by any means, but by no means quick enough to prevent Law from using shambles and removing his gauntlet.

He reacted, he just straight up didn't do shit other than scream "no".
Yeah, which means he didn't have the time to stop the snap
My point is that while Thor was gloating Thanos was just sitting there, he never just instantly snapped his fingers which is what would be required to stop one of Law's easiest moves to pull off.
Again ignoring the fact that Thanos had a giant ax stuck in his chest. Like I said, making one move is faster than making two
And I did specify clips, in end game he wasn't nerfed by an axe in his chest and iirc he directly knew his future versions failings yet both times where he attempted to snap it still took his sweet time before doing it, not a long time by any means, but by no means quick enough to prevent Law from using shambles and removing his gauntlet.
According to the OP his IW self is being used, not his Endgame self which has a completely different personality and standard tactic

Yeah, which means he didn't have the time to stop the snap

Again ignoring the fact that Thanos had a giant ax stuck in his chest. Like I said, making one move is faster than making two

According to the OP his IW self is being used, not his Endgame self which has a completely different personality and standard tactic
I'm sorry, but he literally slowly raised his hand while Thor did nothing but listen to his mumbling before Thanos even got into position to do the snap, in all that time Thor could have done something. This wasn't a reaction blitz, Thor was just dumb or blind sighted by his anger.

I'm not ignoring that, which is why I cover the one instance of where he didn't have an axe stuck in his chest and just like in infinity war he took his sweet time to gloat.

The two moves in question is holding out his hand then doing a pose once his room is up, keeping in mind that in speed equalized matches the only thing that is equalized is the combat speed of the faster character, the travel speed of his room isn't and is only reduced by the same multiplier:
The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.

This is what it says for his end game self in regard to his starting tactic, nothing is specified about him taking more time to do the snap than his IW self:
The second one, instead, is much less honorable, being far more ruthless and sadistic with little regards towards anyone. He won't have any problems with trying to kill his opponent even if they aren't an immediate threat to him. This is reflected into his fighting style with the Double-Bladed Sword, since with it he will try to continously attack the opponent, without giving them the time to counter-attack. He was never seen using the Stones singularly, except for the Power Stone which he used briefly against Captain Marvel. His first move when equipped with the Complete Gauntlet, instead, is to use it to destroy the whole Universe with a snap of his fingers.

in all that time Thor could have done something. This wasn't a reaction blitz, Thor was just dumb or blind sighted by his anger.
But he didn't, that's the thing, the rest is left to assumptions
I'm not ignoring that, which is why I cover the one instance of where he didn't have an axe stuck in his chest and just like in infinity war he took his sweet time to gloat.
The only instance where Thanos snapped his fingers in IW was when he had an ax stuck in his chest
The two moves in question is holding out his hand then doing a pose once his room is up
Making a single movement is still faster
keeping in mind that in speed equalized matches the only thing that is equalized is the combat speed of the faster character, the travel speed of his room isn't and is only reduced by the same multiplier:
Law only has FTL speed, his profile doesn't differentiate from his combat or attack speed, so everything is equalized to Thanos' Relativistic+ combat speed
This is what it says for his end game self in regard to his starting tactic, nothing is specified about him taking more time to do the snap than his IW self:
Still, they are two different personalities, and the OP specifies that his IW self is being used

Anyways, there are like 6 votes for Thanos, 2 for Law and one incon

But he didn't, that's the thing, the rest is left to assumptions

The only instance where Thanos snapped his fingers in IW was when he had an ax stuck in his chest

Making a single movement is still faster

Still, they are two different personalities, and the OP specifies that his IW self is being used
He wasn't reaction blitzed, there's nothing left to assume from that point.

I've already answered these next two points.

I've already specified that in both versions they gloated while taking their time before making the snap, they're not different in that sense, and the starting tactics don't mention so.
Law only has FTL speed, his profile doesn't differentiate from his combat or attack speed, so everything is equalized to Thanos' Relativistic+ combat speed

Anyways, there are like 6 votes for Thanos, 2 for Law and one incon
I can make a CRT if needed, but.. considering you're bringing up the vote tally it doesn't seem like the thread is willing to wait for that to conclude.

In which case I'll say if every thanos vote is for Thanos erasing Law before he can act like you're claiming then this is just a stomp.

Law is killed before he can do anything is what you're claiming as a wincon which is just a stomp.

Creating a Room is not instatenous and is never potrayed as such. I honestly don't remember a single instance which he didn't have to say "Room" before creating one, and before he can even finish saying that Thanos have all the time to Snap his finger, maybe even twice.
There is also the fact that, as much as Law knows the powers of the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos knows that Law have Spatial power, which means that he wont be so dumb to waste any time and he will go for the snap with no hesistation.
Also, I was the one that proposed the separation in the profile between his IW self and his EG self, and it's pretty obvious that they have entirety different personalities. The first part about him being sadistic is meant to say that, if he is in a situation he feels like he have already won, his EG self will gloat about it. Here his IW self is used, which as mentioned above wont hesitate to just Snap his fingers, and even his EG self tried multiple times to Snap his finger immediately, and he only stopped gloating because he felt like he won, plus even his EG will just Snap his fingers if he is against some that he know can manipulate space.
And I don't think this is a stomp, given that Law have wincons, he simply wont have the time to use them before he is snapped out of existence. I believe this is a definitive win.

I honestly don't remember a single instance which he didn't have to say "Room" before creating one
image0.jpg

Creating a Room is not instatenous and is never potrayed as such. I honestly don't remember a single instance which he didn't have to say "Room" before creating one
No one claimed it was, I claimed it was near instant because that's what has been shown. And as Kachon already posted making rooms or using his moves don't require him to say the attack names.
And I don't think this is a stomp, given that Law have wincons, he simply wont have the time to use them before he is snapped out of existence.
Are you joking? It's not a win condition if it's not possible in the match like you're claiming.

That's a K-Room, not a Room, two moves that work in very different ways. I was talking about the Room, since that's what gives him some wincons. The K-Room wont really help him here, since he needs to envelope it in his sword and than attack, plus it's not a one-shot and will give Thanos time to Snap.

Are you joking? It's not a win condition if it's not possible in the match like you're claiming.
I am pretty sure that a wincon just needs to be present for a match to not be a stomp, and in this case Law do have wincons. Though someone can check the rules for adding a match if there are some doubts about that.

I am pretty sure that a wincon just needs to be present for a match to not be a stomp, and in this case Law do have wincons. Though someone can check the rules for adding a match if there are some doubts about that.
yes Law has wincons, but he gets crushed before he can use them

That's a K-Room, not a Room, two moves that work in very different ways. I was talking about the Room, since that's what gives him some wincons. The K-Room wont really help him here, since he needs to envelope it in his sword and than attack, plus it's not a one-shot and will give Thanos time to Snap.
He's saying Law doesn't need to say the word "Room" or "K-Room" or "R-Room" to use the ability, they're all still just rooms.
It's not a win condition if it's not possible which is the point of it being a condition where he wins.

Law's win conditions require him to remove the gauntlet before Thanos snaps his fingers and the vast majority are saying that he'd be erased before he could even attempt that, thus he doesn't have one and this is just a stomp.

He's saying Law doesn't need to say the word "Room" or "K-Room" or "R-Room" to use the ability, they're all still just rooms.
There are some problems with this claim, in particular the fact that Law already created the K-Room in that panel and as such there is no evidence that he actually didn't have to say the name, but I wont delve into it since everyone seems to agree that Thanos snapping his finger is still faster.
Regardless, the main point is that the Room/K-Room/R-Room creation time frame is at least higher than him raising his hand and saying "Room", which in most fights is irrilevant but in here is more than enough time for Thanos to snap his fingers.

It's not a win condition if it's not possible which is the point of it being a condition where he wins.

Law's win conditions require him to remove the gauntlet before Thanos snaps his fingers and the vast majority are saying that he'd be erased before he could even attempt that, thus he doesn't have one and this is just a stomp.
Well, technically Law received some votes, which means some thinks that he have a shot at winning this, so I am not sure this is a stomp. But they might have been votes given too soon before any actual argument was given, so I will let other decide if this is a stomp or not. If it's not than count me as a vote in Thanos' favor. I like both characters a lot, but I really don't see Law winning this.

Both in-character. Law has fully knowledge on Thanos and his abilites with the IG; Thanos knows that Law is a pirate with spatial powers;
Nah, Thanos got this FRA and Thanos is already smarter and giving him prior knowledge be it little as knowing that Law has Spatial Powers is already a big advantage for Thanos and with I.G, that's Overkill.

Back