• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Just having to make this thread disgusts me.

Is there any kind of limitation to the pics one can add to a profile's gallery? ..beyond the logical ones, obviously.

I saw someone remove a pic from Jotaro's profile and saying "Relevant images/gifs only, don't include pictures just because.", which I initially thought was something quoted from the Standard Format for Character Profiles page or somewhere, but no. I readded the pic. And then he removed it agai.

Not only is a gallery the last part of a profile, but it also doesn't help how far more important users add similar or less important pics to a profile.

That's weird, multiple profiles would have similar pictures like that.

Anyways, pictures that are needed to be added in the gallery for character profiles are usually character bios (which characters from verses like Marvel and DC needs tbh) and the references of the character being hinted & mentioned in their fictional verse.

This is not about what needs to be added, it tackles what ca be added.

Before readding the pic I would prefer to have someone important saying something about this.

Galleries aren't supposed to be collages of your favorite character, they should serve a visual purpose (ie, demonstrate size or what a certain piece of equipment looks like).

Jotaro doesn't have equipment, so sharing a picture of him in his least notable piece of clothing is not relevant at all. Don't include pictures just for the sake of including.

I see no problem on adding the design a character has on a noncanon take of its history that will not have a profile. Many other characters have that, as well as, again, less useful pics. Which I invite you to prove how a gallery can't have.

@Hierophant Another thing to point out is that @Eficiente added that pic for a reason as it is indeed significant to Jotaro's profile pic as its supposed to be his Part 5 look as shown in the Anime. Claiming that image is insignificant is like saying that Jotaro's profile pics is insignificant too with that logic. Not to mention that 1 extra picture wouldn't harm anyone dude.

HierophantDeluxe said:
Galleries aren't supposed to be collages of your favorite character, they should serve a visual purpose (ie, demonstrate size or what a certain piece of equipment looks like).
Jotaro doesn't have equipment, so sharing a picture of him in his least notable piece of clothing is not relevant at all. Don't include pictures just for the sake of including.
I'm sorry, but when has this been a rule here? Galleries do not all have to have some purpose other than to do be just a set of images about the character in question. It's an option that spruces up a page.

Other pages do this just fine.

Back