• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Quick" JoJo missing abilities CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
a bunch of people should probably get pain resistance, the most blatant example I can think of off the top of my head is narancia being unfazed by clash literally digging into him through his neck, he even said something along the lines of "did you really think this would make me falter" with a blank expression and monotone voice

Well, that's not really pain "resistance" like some of the zombie and above characters have as they literally can't feel pain, but for the humans it's more like Pain tolerance. Though this CRT seems to be over with now. Though could probably make a quick one immediately after for some characters having a high pain threshold unless everyone who's already here is fine with giving some characters a mention of "Has a high pain tolerance/threshold (Examples for this character here)".

Would apply to a chunk of characters like Jotaro, Jolyne, Josuke, and Bruno, except he falls in line with the zombies, he cant really feel pain, says himself that even broken bones are like, barely noticeable to him and he's lost like all sense of pain. Of course that's only after the The Mystery of King Crimson Arc.

Anyway, if nobody has any qualms, I'll start updating the canon profiles and save Novel Kars for last, just to make things less difficult as he's locked and I don't want to update him and miss something from canon that's been accepted.

Everyone ok with this layout? This would be copy pasted more or less between the notable hamon users with minor specifications tweaked (like "her" instead of "him" for Lisa, Removal of mastery for pre-training Joseph, etc).

[[Martial Arts]] ([Mastered the Sendo technique, the way of the hermit]. Is also a capable close-quarters combatant), [[Statistics Amplification]] (Empowers his body with the Hamon breathing technique and energy, amplifying his body and physical prowess), [[Vibration Manipulation|Vibration]] & [[Energy Manipulation]] ([Through a unique breathing technique, Hamon users can draw out vibrations from their blood flow and create] [energy waves with the properties of sunlight] and can transfer it towards objects and people. This can be used to harm an opponent weak to sunlight through contact with any living or non-living thing charged with Hamon),

For Dio's pain res I shortened it drastically, it'd be best to throw all the examples into one album with explanations under the images within the album rather then writing a paragraph or two listing every time.

So for now I just wrote a quick sentence and we can tweak it after a single album is made compiling the examples. Though speaking of that, DIO alludes against Jotaro that he usually doesn't feel pain, only having felt pain throughout the fight when Star Platinum crushed his head. So it's safe to say DIO very well doesn't feel pain usually like his zombies.

what would dio making that cop shoot "dead" jotaro be and should flash freeze be absolute zero since we see it turn dire into ice, not just incase him in it

Well I'm at the Stand characters, and I've run into a slight issue. For Multiple Selves, what type we looking at for those it applies?
Type 1 for (some) Stands being sentient and cognizant and having a mind of their own, able to act without the user's manual action and being able to speak freely, like Echoes, Sex Pistols or Spice Girl?
Type 2 for being a physically separate entity with spiritual properties conjured from the same soul?
Or both depending on the Stand in question? Like Echoes Act 3 for being both a secondary spiritual entity conjured from the same source coinhabiting the main body as well as type 1 for having his own conscious separate from the user?

Last edited:
Well I'm at the Stand characters, and I've run into a slight issue. For Multiple Selves, what type we looking at for those it applies?
Type 1 for (some) Stands being sentient and cognizant and having a mind of their own, able to act without the user's manual action and being able to speak freely, like Echoes, Sex Pistols or Spice Girl?
Type 2 for being a physically separate entity with spiritual properties conjured from the same soul?
Or both depending on the Stand in question? Like Echoes Act 3 for being both a secondary spiritual entity conjured from the same source coinhabiting the main body as well as type 1 for having his own conscious separate from the user?
If some Stands are sentient, that would apply for Type 2, given that Stands are also souls.

I also think Star Platinum and The World should have Marital Arts. It's especially seen when the two Stands clash against each other for the first time and show actual skill in CQC. It's minor, but suggests they're knowledgeable in doing things other than a generic Stand Rush. This could also apply to other comparable and close-ranged Stands such as Crazy Diamond, King Crimson, etc.

And... that's all I can think of so far lol.

Edit: Oh and also the fact that characters like Jotaro can perform super jumps and achieve a sort of flight by using their Stands to jump and punch off of surfaces. That is, if it hasn't been mentioned already. Additionally, in Jotaro's case, perhaps he should be given a form of Preparation? He did prepare for his fight against DIO by putting books into his clothes to mitigate the knives and having the magnets to fool him.

I also think Star Platinum and The World should have Marital Arts. It's especially seen when the two Stands clash against each other for the first time and show actual skill in CQC. It's minor, but suggests they're knowledgeable in doing things other than a generic Stand Rush. This could also apply to other comparable and close-ranged Stands such as Crazy Diamond, King Crimson, etc.

And... that's all I can think of so far lol.
They do have Martial Arts. There's a pamphlet that came out around the start of Part 4 that claimed Star Platinum had martial arts and attacked foes with a mix of it,
I didn't include it though because I don't have that scan saved, and it's proving to be a pain in the ass to find, it isn't from any of the main guides, it's an old obscure scan which makes it hard to obtain.

As such, can't really propose it if I don't have the explicit scan, I'll just make a quick CRT to add Martial Arts to SP and The World whenever I obtain the scan. Probably won't be for awhile though because of higher priority threads, unless I spend the next few hours digging through like 40gb of data. Who knows, may do that to get it out of the way.

Probably nothing. He just stabbed the dude and told him to shoot, even reiterated to make sure he doesn't miss and to aim properly, meaning DIO wasn't the person taking aim, the cop was doing it himself still. Seems less like hax and more like forcing someone to do something because you have your fingers stabbed into their head and neck and you'll kill them if they don't apply. Though DIO kills him anyway.

Unless you mean the stabbing of the dude itself, in which case, that's his biomanip (and raw strength).

should flash freeze be absolute zero since we see it turn dire into ice, not just incase him in it
also

should diavolo get minor darkness manip because of how he can stay veiled In shadow despite being out in the open

does summoning your stand count as astral projection

should diavolo get resistance to fate manipulation with time erasure since if im remembering correctly one of the main parts of the stand is that diavolo escapes fate and can do whatever he wants instead of what he was fated to do

should there be a stand phisology page

and should stand users get resistance to soul manip since they tank attacks to their stand

also

should diavolo get minor darkness manip because of how he can stay veiled In shadow despite being out in the open

should diavolo get resistance to fate manipulation with time erasure since if im remembering correctly one of the main parts of the stand is that diavolo escapes fate and can do whatever he wants instead of what he was fated to do

and should stand users get resistance to soul manip since they tank attacks to their stand
1. Stealth Mastery would be a better option.
2. No. Your own soul is not ejecting from your own body.
3. Honestly that's a big possibility for Acausality Type 4.
4. Yes, it should have.
5. Afaik, sure ig.

should flash freeze be absolute zero since we see it turn dire into ice, not just incase him in it

DIO freezes people solid by drawing all the heat from their body due to his vaporization, as he says himself, when he vaporizes all the moisture in his body, it draws the heat out from the things he's contacting while he does, draing the heat from them, it's not AZ, he's just drawing out the heat to a point they become solid ice, that doesn't require AZ, though it is quite impressive.

That's just him being hidden in shadows and artistic liberty, initially, every time we see Diavolo he's in darkness and dark places, kinda like Shadow DIO, who we don't see his face because of him always being hidden in darkness and artistic liberty. Stealth Mastery may work but idk, I'm fine with the latter if others think its ok.

I wouldn't really qualify it as such, it's only astral projection in the vaguest sense of the term.

What he's doing falls under his existing causality manip, though he isn't manipulating fate, he's ignoring it for those few seconds. So really, he isn't manipulating anything, it's more of an extremely minor resistance gotten via abusing cause and effect.

Maybe, I think Strym wanted to do something like that.

Unsure. Technically they aren't resisting anything, their Stands are just durable enough to tank hits from characters that just so happen can interact with souls and ghosts and the like. And given whenever there is soul hax, unless your name is like, Novel Kars, it works just fine, like with Whitesnake's discs, Chariot's planetary soulhax, D'Arby hax, etc.

the limited Self-Sustenance should apply to all Hamon Users

Wasn't sure if we agreed on all Hamon users should get it. If that was what people thought tho, I can add it to the notable Hamon users, at the very least a "Likely [ability]". And explain it should apply as it seemed to happen automatically to Joseph, who didn't know why it was happening but it did none the less.

Wasn't sure if we agreed on all Hamon users should get it. If that was what people thought tho, I can add it to the notable Hamon users, at the very least a "Likely [ability]". And explain it should apply as it seemed to happen automatically to Joseph, who didn't know why it was happening but it did none the less.
Hax scaling tho

Hax scaling tho
Hax scaling Hamon is a bit weird. Like Kars aint getting Precognition despite being absolutely better with Hamon then Tonpetty, and arguably even Lisa Lisa being above Petty, yet doesn't have it.

Or how Lisa Lisa doesn't have Hermit Purple, despite HP being a Stand that awakens with Hamon mastery, even though Joseph had it despite being explicitly weaker and less proficient with Hamon, and surprisingly, developed HP naturally, all DIO did was make him aware of HP, prior to that he still had it developed, just not manifested.

There's some things that can be easily scaled between every Hamon user, like the pain dampening is made clear to be a passive trait as long as you are doing the technique, but some things can't, regardless of if it was a weaker character doing it.
Though fortunately, I think the limited self-sustenance would scale, it's played off as an automatic skill that Hamon does as long as its in use and the character in question doesnt even need to know it can do that, as Joseph himself, who had explicitly zero training and could barely use Hamon properly, had it take action just because and voiced he wasnt sure why but it must be due to the Hamon, and given there exists a training that would outright require everyone who does it to automatically have that skill innately. I'm sure it likely scales, I just didn't wanna add it to others without everyone being on board. But if people are fine with it scaling, adding it would b easy, just copy paste it.

I meant resistance to soul manip in the sense of attacks to the soul rather than manipulation or stealing of the soul

I agree with all of this, but I also think I have something else to add

On Joji's profile it currently says:
"Limited Time Slow & Dilation (Can create a literal disconnect between his internal time and the rest of the world, effectively slowing time down for himself to allow him to think and ponder at increased speeds, albeit only when deep in thought and immobile)"

This is true, but having looked at where this comes from, I believe it can be amended to Limited Time Slow, Dilation and Acceleration and that it can be applied to all characters in Jorge Joestar. Joji specifically mentions how consciousness was the point which separated and divided the flow of time, as well as mentioning how this wasn't a superpower of any kind, rather it was something that everyone had, everyday. As stated above, when deep in thought, he can make time denser and extend it for himself. But he also mentions how having simplistic thoughts, having fun or believing wholeheartedly in something actually had the opposite effect and would speed time up. He also talks about how everyone was matching up and adjusting their own internal time to the time outside of them which shows that everyone was using this even if they weren't aware of it.

I agree with all of this, but I also think I have something else to add

Not wrong. The issue is while anyone is in theory able to replicate it, they don't. JoJi is the only character in the whole novel to actually do it.

It'd be like giving Kars every stand because he can replicate them all in theory, he just hasn't.

So while yes, most characters should be able to do it as well, they simply haven't from what we can tell and the wiki as a whole usually opts to not give abilities that haven't been showcased.

Then again, we don't exactly have many jorge profiles so it wouldn't exactly be applied to a **** ton of characters. I'm still cautious of adding abilities that characters have never once used ever and aren't even aware of.

and adjusting their own internal time to the time outside of them which shows that everyone was using this even if they weren't aware of it.

And this part is in reference to an actual irl phenomena, JoJi is the only one to actually make use of this in a meaningful way.

Though time acceleration for his own time under the right circumstances would apply to him so good catch, he did after all figure it out himself and it's not just a theory, it's proven to be the case in context.

Fair enough

So should Limited time acceleration be added to Joji's profile then? Scans should also probably be added since there are currently none for that section

They should be added yeah.
Though looking at the profiles we have, I wouldn't mind if somewhere on them it mentioned that in theory the novel characters can do this, just that they aren't cognizant that they're even doing it and are actively doing it as a detriment, not a boon, to themselves.

I'm at work so I can't edit the profiles so if you or someone else wants to go ahead and add the justification to him, that'd be good, or I can do it in 2h when I get off.

Would appreciate it if someone else did it as it seems like quite a bit has changed from when I was last on in 2019 and I'll probably **** something up lol

why supernatural willpower
Who knows.

But eh, while looking through scans last night I did notice a few implications of an incredible will for a few characters like Pol. Though I'm not adding more to this thread, I've already began updating, adding anymore would require votes again for confirmation and that'd be better to just do in a different CRT. Though luckily there's not a whole lot more.
Would appreciate it if someone else did it as it seems like quite a bit has changed from when I was last on in 2019 and I'll probably **** something up lol
Ok I'll do it after work. Can probably add some scans for his other abilities and shit lacking justification too.

Who knows.

But eh, while looking through scans last night I did notice a few implications of an incredible will for a few characters like Pol. Though I'm not adding more to this thread, I've already began updating, adding anymore would require votes again for confirmation and that'd be better to just do in a different CRT. Though luckily there's not a whole lot more.
I'm planning to create Stand User and Stand Physiology if needed. Though I will start later, I have school stuff to do.

Ok well, who's unlocking Novel Kars, Gio and Novel DIO.

Other then hamon shit and some multiple selves that I probably forgot, that's the last of the OP that needs to be added.

In addition to what's already been said about supernatural willpower, it should also be noted that those who do not have the fighting spirit to control a stand will fall ill like Holly did, and die in around 50 days. Avdol also mentions how stands are controlled from a strong spirit and how he's seen a few people die from their own stands.
Though this should probably be for a different CRT if it hasn't been added already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back