• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What Are Your Top 10 Favorite Anime?

Pretty much what the title says. Feel free to explain your picks or nah. You have to have seen each one in its entirety, and if you haven't seen 10, then rank the ones you have seen.

Preferably no joke answers but since this is F&G I'm not going to call anyone out.

I'll go first ofc

1. One-Punch Ma (Phenomenal animation and soundtrack, incredibly funny, and satisfying as hell to watch Saitama effortlessly one-shot flashy and over-the-top villains and/or monsters)

2. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Cheesy in the best ways, great animation, some of the best OPs in anime imo, villains range from scenery chewing to complex, hilarious, and super creative when it comes to stand designs and powers)

3. My Hero Academia (Essentially a Marvel/DC Comic if it was animated in Japan. Some of the best character designs in anime, great animation, incredible character development all around, and a really good soundtrack)

4. Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (The kind of anime that makes you want to watch it while curled up under a blanket next to a fire. Cozy is just the perfect word to describe it. It's incredibly charming and simplistic and the animation is really good, as expected of KyoAni)

5. RWBY (Anime style fights on a 3D plane? Yes pls)

6. Mirai Nikki

7. Overlord

8. Erased

9. Urara Meirochou

10. PMMM (Since something has to go in tenth place)

I don't watch much anime soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

1. Soul Eater

2. Black Rock Shooter

3. Jojo. Maybe.

4. Monster Musume? Idk

5. Gurren Lagann.

...Yeah I've got no idea beyond that so uh top 5.

It changes from time to time but oh well.

1- Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji

2- Rainbow Nisha Rokubou No shichinin

3- Konosuba

4-Death Note

5-Code Geass

6-Parasyte the Maxim

7-Steins Gate

8-HxH

9-One Outs maybe

10-Idk maybe Clannad

While I've watched a lot of anime, the amount I've completed is a totally different story, so...yeah.

1. YYH. Probably the best shounen to watch dubbed. Sub is just as good, but it's Funi's best work. Interesting characters, not a dull arc in sight, main character isn't oblivious to romance nor is he a (total) dullard. Probably has the scenes in shounen that's come closest to making me cry with some of the dramatic moments.

2. Jojo. Probably for the exact same reasons you've stated.

3. MHA. Again, for the exact same reasons you've stated.

4/5/6. Cowboy Bebop/Trigun/Rurouni Kenshin. Classics for a reason.

7. Dragon Ball (Classic). Great cast. Stakes are good. Goku's dumbness is justifies due to being a kid. It's about the adventure more than the action and I respect that. Probably would be higher, like #1 or #2 higher, if it weren't for vs debating. Also they had Launch.

8. Toradora. Don't judge me I like romance.

9. Fairy Tail. I unironically like it. Not because I think it's good enough to be top 10, but it's one of the few anime that aren't seasonal nowadays and can keep me interested for longer than the time the next important holiday rolls around.

10. Kill la Kill. I just like it.

Honorable Mentions:

Abridged series. DBZA, YGOTAS, HUA, and SAOA to be specific. Hilarious. Sometimes better written than their official versions. But it's still unofficial.

Gurren Lagann. Amazing anime, but the ending just killed it too much for me. Too much of a downer for such an upbeat show. Granted, some characters go out in the most manly ways ever.

Ghost Stories (dub). Because it's funny. That's actually it. It's an official abridged series.

1-One Punch Man

2-My Hero Academia

3-Bleach

4-Naruto

5-Dragon Ball

6-HunterXHunter

7-Digimon Adventures (Im not kidding) 8-OnePiece

9-Godzilla Anim...YOU DO NOT DARE TO SAY THIS,Saint Seiya

10-Dinosaur King,This is not a joke...

1. Excel Saga. Damn it this got cancelled too soon

2. Haiyore! Nyaruko-San. Eh... it's weeb as hell, but honestly, it's funny and it cheers me up. Helps to counter all the dark fiction I like...

3. Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan... Okay, yes, I know it's masochistic and whatnot, but it's unironically funny and does fanservice suprisngly well.

4. Transformers (Yes, Transformers has literal anime, I'm not cheating shaddup)

5. Gurren Lagann

6. Lotte No Omocha

7. MM!

8. Panty and Stocking

9. Kokkuri-San

10. Onegai My Melody

Idk if I can list exact favorites but in no particular order.

1. My Hero Academia

2. Hunter X Hunter

3. One Punch Man

4. One Piece

5. Jojo's Bizzare Adventure ( first 3 parts needs to watch the rest)

6. Kill la Kill

7. Space Dandy

8. Dragon Ball

9. Blue Exorcist

10. Cory in the House ovo

There's anime's like Yu Yu Hakusho I'd love to watch when I get off my procrastinating ass lol.

The fact that the Fossil Fighters anime wa written by the dude who wrote Boku no Pico makes me never want to watch it again.

Yobo Blue said:
You do realize there is no Fossil Fighters anime, right?
It´s called watching a playthrought of the 3DS game with no commentary and upscaled via Citra

In truth I don't care. I wisely decided to skip that anime after reading the plot.

I barely saw a dozen of Animes so this isn't really all that hard.

0) Scottecs Toons

1)/2) JoJo/MHA: I love JoJo's fights and its bizarreness, while I love MHA for his characters, themes and story. The fact that I like them for completely different reasons makes it hard for me to pick a favorite.

3)Death Note: Love the characters, like the themes and the mind games.

4) Fairy Tail: I like how characters just interact with each other as actual friends.

5) Kirby Right Back at Ya!: Basically the same reason as why I love the games but less.

5.5) One Punch Man: Because I forgot it existed because I'm not a big fan of it but I really liked it.

6) Pokémon anime: I don't think I need to say anything.

7) PMMM: What kind of acid did the producers take when they made the film?

8) Ace Attorney anime: Literally the only thing that saves it is the fact that it reminds me of the waaaaaaay better games.

9) Sword Art Online because I liked the concept because I'm a videogames person.

10) EXCUUUUUUUUSE ME PRINCESSFamiliar of Zero: Why did I watch this show again?

If Western Animation is allowed, Miraculous and Wakfu take respectively the 8th and 9th position because I still haven't seen Avatar, and RWBY takes the fifth position.

1. Sakura Trick (it just works)
  2. Kuttsukiboshi (like number 1, but with one part that I disliked)
  3. Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star (best vilains)
  4. Medaka Box (good characters)
  5. Mahoutsukai Pretty Cure (nice slice of life)

Let's see. In order, it would be:

1. Yu Yu Hakusho

2. My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU

3. Kyoukai no Kanata / Beyond the Boundary

4. Daily Lives of High School Boys

5. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

6. Monogatari Series

7. Kuroko no Basket

8. Bakuman

9. The Pet Girl of Sakurasou

10. Durarara!

That "must have watched to completion" rule really dicks me over...I know K-On! would be on the list but am stumped on what else to include.

Bobsican said:
10: Barney & Friends
9: Spongebob Squarepants

8: Johnny Test

7: Bee Movie

6: The Lorax

5: Shrek

4: Almost Naked Animals

3: My Little Pony

2: Talking Tom

1: Nyan Cat
Spongebob is my favorite anime i just loved the bull worm and the doodlebob arc