• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What if Mechagodzilla City was in your favorite verse/s?

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them

Round 1: Is stationed somewhere in your verse where it's at least likely to be discovered within a year's time realistically for the setting.

Round 2: Same as above but Speed Equalized.

Round 3: Same as Round 1 but Mechagodzilla City has detailed Prior Knowledge on the whole setting.

Round 4: Basically just Rounds 2 and 3 combined along with 20,000 years of prep time like it technically had in its own movie.

I will go first, then. Kamen Rider has over a dozen series, so I'll choose the one that comes to mind first: Kamen Rider Zero-One.

Going by their current profiles, most of the characters got stomped due to Mechagodzilla City's higher AP. Zero-One himself is the only exception due to having High 6-A rating. Ark-Zero is the other character that probably won't die to whatever the city has but has little offensive measures against it.

Round 1:

Zero-One could discover the city within a year because a huge-ass fortress can't hide anywhere, I guess. He is also the president of a big A.I. company with its own satellite too, so yeah.

Zero-One also got that insane analytical prediction shit where he can predict trillions of attack and evasion patterns in under 0.01 seconds. So, unless the city has something up its sleeve, I do not see any attacks targeting Zero-One. He also got quantum hax, where he enforced all of the possibilities upon reality, such as making

Depending on how good the city's resistance to hacking is, Ark-Zero could hack into it like he does for Zero-One's company. Ark's real body is a satellite in space, stationed about hundreds to thousands of kilometers above the surface, so the city probably can't reach it.

On the other hand, the city is about dozens of kilometers in size, and I can't remember any of Zero-One's attacks that had a big enough AoE to destroy the whole city. I assume you are using the 5-B key, which means Zero-One has almost no way to get around the forcefield except for Hellrising Hopper, which can only be used for a few minutes at most.

Maybe if, by some miracle, Ark and Zero-One cooperate to bring it down, then they probably could? I would also like to know, before writing about other rounds, what Mechagodzilla City's standard tactics are. Is it immediately trying to invade whatever place it is in, or is it simply waiting and learning?

I'm not super knowledgeable on the anime trilogy so take my words with a grain of salt when I say that as far as I know MGC spent 20,030 years passively forming into a city and slowly preparing itself for Round 2 against Godzilla Earth so it could trap him and convert him into Nanometal to become one with him like it does most other creatures it comes into contact with. I don't think it's outright evil in its motives but I think it's taking the most morally dubious route in its original directive to protect mankind from Godzilla, so I'm unsure how it would act here aside from maybe assimilating things that enter into Nanometal versions of themselves and even then it's possible it might not do that with no Kaiju around to fight.

If it is not evil, things will probably not become as violent as I have described above. Zero-One will most likely just observe the city for any potential threats in the future, but he will not fire the first shot unless they attack him first.

Ark, on the other hand, are more willing to put his hand on the matter. Although coming into contact with the city will result in his assimilation, he can also hack into its system.

I asked this before, but I will ask it again: how can the city defend itself against hacking?

I don't think anyone ever tried hacking into it considering the situation everyone was in so technically it has no resistance but I'm certain it would be realistically difficult to hack due to its insanely advanced A.I. with Extraordinary Genius Intelligence.

If it is not evil, things will probably not become as violent as I have described above. Zero-One will most likely just observe the city for any potential threats in the future, but he will not fire the first shot unless they attack him first.

Ark, on the other hand, are more willing to put his hand on the matter. Although coming into contact with the city will result in his assimilation, he can also hack into its system.

I asked this before, but I will ask it again: how can the city defend itself against hacking?
Okay I just looked it up and the people running Mechagodzilla City want it to assimilate all life to form an immortal hivemind within it so death becomes a non-issue, though they're also somewhat racist. Not as benevolent as I first thought.

By the way, the link is dead, it was changed to this one a day ago apparently

By the way, the link is dead, it was changed to this one a day ago apparently

Yeah, I noticed that earlier but I'm feeling too lazy to edit it. 😔

Okay I just looked it up and the people running Mechagodzilla City want it to assimilate all life to form an immortal hivemind within it so death becomes a non-issue, though they're also somewhat racist. Not as benevolent as I first thought.
Alright, that settles it.

As previously stated, Mechagodzilla City can assimilate everything that comes into contact with it, so getting close to it is not an option. Ark is realistically the only one who has no problem with it.

Here is how I imagine this will go: Ark sent a robot that contained his malicious data to Mechagodzilla City, it got assimilated, and Ark then proceeded to hack the core from inside.

He once corrupted a highly advanced AI called There that basically assisted Zero-One in learning ability (pretty much all the shit above) by uplinking himself to its mainframe. Not sure how things would turn out after another malicious AI took control of a massive nanometal fortress, tbh.

Round 2 is mostly the same, I think.

Round 3 is much more difficult for Ark because Mechagodzilla City knows better than to put strange robots into its mouth. Although I would still argue that Zero-One and Ark's prediction abilities are still a huge problem, it might be an opportunity for those two to shake hands to stop whatever madness this city tries to unfold on humanity.

In round 4, Mechagodzilla City has ten thousand preparation years, which gives it a lot of advantages, but I don't think anyone (other than There and Ark) can live for that long.

In round 4, Mechagodzilla City has ten thousand preparation years, which gives it a lot of advantages, but I don't think anyone (other than There and Ark) can live for that long.
For clarification I meant they get twenty thousand years to prepare before being dropped into the actual verse like how some bullshit time like that would work in a versus thread.

Guess I can try on this

Yakuza: The verse is dame da ne'd regardless of what happens.

Mass Effect: Ummmm probably clears if they have space travel, the reapers can chill in deep space for 50,000 years if they wish otherwise I guess its incon?

Castlevania: Chaos exists so no.

World of Darkness: This would be some crazy mage idea, Caine just turns it all into lawn chairs the instant he gets annoyed though.

Back