• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wendy vs Kaido (Little girl takes on a Yonko)

See can't absorb what she can't see would be the issue there. And from what I recall, several Kenbunshoku Haki users, had difficulty reacting to the air slashes despite the crazy good senses granted on it, amongst Luffy's and Zoro's already insane normal senses.

Also Kaido has shown the ability to manipulate much more air than Wendy at any given time so a contest of control vs control might not go in her favor. But that's irrelevant due to Kaido having Flame-Clouds, Lightning and Fire Manipulation to attack with.

Last edited:
Yeah no, Kaido is just alot faster than the them in that instance which isn't the case here as Wendy can amp herself to be 4x Kaido's speed. Also Wendy isn't dumb she would be able to tell that an air attack is coming from Kaido's direction and absorb appropriately with 4x his speed. Also if the speed gap wasn't enough that would allow Wendy to dodge Kaido fairly easily, Wendy can make him miss by momentarily adding strength to his attack like she did Sherria.

Yeah no, Kaido is just alot faster than the them in that instance
No? They can avoid the speed of slashes just fine, the difference in speed between them is virtually nonexistent as they react to each other consistently. It's the fact the attack is hard the sense that makes it difficult to dodge.
which isn't the case here as Wendy can amp herself to be 4x Kaido's speed.
Irrelevant as I pointed above, she'd still have to sense them to avoid them. And that's nice but we also see that the spells don't last very long, they aren't indefinite.
Also Wendy isn't dumb she would be able to tell that an air attack is coming from Kaido's direction and absorb appropriately with a 4x his speed.
???? That's not what we said? The issue isn't a matter of Wendy being smart enough, it's a matter of her not being able to sense them before she can absorb them. Her absorption isn't passive, Kaido's air slash would simply land on her and disappear before she knew what hit her. She could be the smartest person alive but if she's getting hit by an invisible force then she's screwed.
Also if the speed gap wasn't enough that would allow Wendy to dodge Kaido fairly easily
Again she can't maintain this amp forever and it's duration isn't impressive. Yeah she can dodge but considering Kaido has more than enough stamina to keep going and more than enough AoE to keep her at bay (4x isn't a massive difference either, it's good for Wendy but Kaido is still more than capable of reacting.)
, Wendy can make him miss by momentarily adding strength to his attack like she did Sherria.
No. That's done via adding more Magic Power.

No? They can avoid the speed of slashes just fine, the difference in speed between them is virtually nonexistent as they react to each other consistently. It's the fact the attack is hard the sense that makes it difficult to dodge.

Irrelevant as I pointed above, she'd still have to sense them to avoid them. And that's nice but we also see that the spells don't last very long, they aren't indefinite.

???? That's not what we said? The issue isn't a matter of Wendy being smart enough, it's a matter of her not being able to sense them before she can absorb them. Her absorption isn't passive, Kaido's air slash would simply land on her and disappear before she knew what hit her. She could be the smartest person alive but if she's getting hit by an invisible force then she's screwed.

Again she can't maintain this amp forever and it's duration isn't impressive. Yeah she can dodge but considering Kaido has more than enough stamina to keep going and more than enough AoE to keep her at bay (4x isn't a massive difference either, it's good for Wendy but Kaido is still more than capable of reacting.)

No. That's done via adding more Magic Power.
Are his wind slashes from chapter 993 his only air attacks? if so these look pretty visible to me, the guy even sees them

Gonna be away for a little bit so ill respond to the rest later.

Shouldn't really matter if she can eat the wind attacks or not, she still has a passive resistance to wind/air type attacks.

Shouldn't really matter if she can eat the wind attacks or not, she still has a passive resistance to wind/air type attacks.
Still has a slicing effect and a pretty gnarly one at that. She'll still receive damage and last I recall, unless your name is Natsu, Dragon Slayer Resistance doesn't have a lot of feats going for them. Granted her Resistance would soften the attack but her resistance isn't comparable to that of Natsu's fire resistance.

Still has a slicing effect and a pretty gnarly one at that. She'll still receive damage and last I recall, unless your name is Natsu, Dragon Slayer Resistance doesn't have a lot of feats going for them. Granted her Resistance would soften the attack but her resistance isn't comparable to that of Natsu's fire resistance.
Shouldn't be that different tbh and going off the wikis they both have (surprised Kaido and OP are on this lvl on here. Thought they'd be higher) similar power. The resistance should make the difference.

No, it's absolutely different. Natsu is an anomaly amongst the Slayers, not only that but unlike the others his resistances have feats that aren't a baseline resistance.

Her resistance isn't enough to negate the effects of the wind slashes. Although this irrelevant has Kaido can bombard the entire battlefield with Boro-Breath's, Lightning Bolts or riddled the entire area with Flame-Clouds.

And Wendy can't escape nor overpower his Flame-Clouds as she lacks 6-C AP, nor class T lifting strength. If Kaido has enough he'll just drop the island on her.

No, it's absolutely different. Natsu is an anomaly amongst the Slayers, not only that but unlike the others his resistances have feats that aren't a baseline resistance.

Her resistance isn't enough to negate the effects of the wind slashes.
The baseline resistance should defiantly be enough. Especially when the power difference is so small

Anyway, Kaido takes this.

Has more versatile, has tanked much worse durability negation, stamina and Flame-Cloud generation.

And from what I recall, several Kenbunshoku Haki users, had difficulty reacting to the air slashes despite the crazy good senses granted on it, amongst Luffy's and Zoro's already insane normal senses.
Do we have any notable feats for the scabbards' Observation tho? It is really strange that they didn't notice it with their senses or haki and needed to see the wind cutting a mountain before reacting, but then Zoro (even tho his Observation isn't among the best) casually countered one of then.

Also i think it would be better to restrict the Flame Clouds, Wendy's 6C power was restricted so it does not seem fair to let Kaido keep his 6C clouds, i don't think this would change the final result anyway.

(even tho his Observation isn't among the best)
I think the whole point of him casually swatting it aside was to show that this wasn't the case anymore by juxtaposing it with Kiku failing to do the same. That's my view on it. He also had other good CoO showings throughout Wano that @Eminiteable brought up before.
Like c'mon, it's not like Zoro's CoO will be terrible forever XD.

Iirc it didn't have the "!" or any sign above his head, like we have in many cases Observation is being used and even if there was he didn't predict the attack, he acted after it was already close to him so it would be a sensory haki feat anyway, which isn't among the best uses of haki.

Also, do we know if the Scabbards' haki does internal damage?

Do we have any notable feats for the scabbards' Observation tho? It is really strange that they didn't notice it with their senses or haki and needed to see the wind cutting a mountain before reacting, but then Zoro (even tho his Observation isn't among the best) casually countered one of then.
Doesn't really matter? Even if they were rudimentary levels of Kenbunshoku Haki his attacks would still be bypassing the enhanced senses and the Extrasensory Perception of the Scabbards. And Zoro excels at tracking via Kenbunshoku Haki, not predicting the future as seen with Pica. (Zoro also has crazy base senses without Kenbunshoku and he's easily the most skilled out of the bunch fighting Kaido.)

Unreasonable scrutiny is unreasonable.
Also i think it would be better to restrict the Flame Clouds, Wendy's 6C power was restricted so it does not seem fair to let Kaido keep his 6C clouds, i don't think this would change the final result anyway.
But she's allowed a 4x amp that basically makes her almost 6-C? Sounds fair.

Iirc it didn't have the "!" or any sign above his head, like we have in many cases Observation is being used and even if there was he didn't predict the attack, he acted after it was already close to him so it would be a sensory haki feat anyway, which isn't among the best uses of haki.
We aren't talking about anything other than senses so stop derailing with needless nonsense. We aren't talking about precognition, nor prediction we're talking about Sensory abilities. Precognition doesn't let you counter invisible shit, only sensory abilities do.
Also, do we know if the Scabbards' haki does internal damage?
It's the only way it'd be possible? They pierce the flesh and pump their Haki into the opponent to damage them.

Doesn't really matter? Even if they were rudimentary levels of Kenbunshoku Haki his attacks would still be bypassing the enhanced senses and the Extrasensory Perception of the Scabbards. And Zoro excels at tracking via Kenbunshoku Haki, not predicting the future as seen with Pica. (Zoro also has crazy base senses without Kenbunshoku and he's easily the most skilled out of the bunch fighting Kaido.)

Unreasonable scrutiny is unreasonable.

Yeah.

Base Wendy is 1.33 Gigatons for scaling to half of baseline 7-A+.
x2, that's baseline 7-A+.
x2 again, that's 5.3 Gigatons, 1.2x baseline 6-C

Wendy's boost each bring her up half a tier. Her eligible full power is 6-C, so it's only fair if Kaido's 6-C is able to be used.

Yeah.

Base Wendy is 1.33 Gigatons for scaling to half of baseline 7-A+.
x2, that's baseline 7-A+.
x2 again, that's 5.3 Gigatons, 1.2x baseline 6-C

Wendy's boost each bring her up half a tier. Her eligible full power is 6-C, so it's only fair if Kaido's 6-C is able to be used.
His 6C feat is way above her 6C via multipliers, her AP multipliers aren't even enough to an one shot, and again she has barely no ways to defeat Kaido, allowing him to use his 6C clouds is giving more weapons to someone who can win even without them, so if her Dragon Force (which is a 2x-4x amp as well) is restricted i don't understand why a 30+ GTs power is being allowed.
It's the only way it'd be possible? They pierce the flesh and pump their Haki into the opponent to damage them.
Zoro is damaging Kaido without that, so the scabbards are doing the same as Zoro but weaker, i also don't remember any moment in their battle that seemed to be some strange type of damage or attack, they used either piercing or slicing moves and were able to bypass his scales, just not enough to do meaningful damage. Zoro > Scabbards > Scales > Killer
Doesn't really matter? Even if they were rudimentary levels of Kenbunshoku Haki his attacks would still be bypassing the enhanced senses and the Extrasensory Perception of the Scabbards
It matters, you used his feat against the scabbards as a way to counter Wendy's super senses, but if we don't have feats for their senses and/or haki then Kaido's feat against them is mostly useless.

Also, my bad for derailing a bit.

His 6C feat is way above her 6C via multipliers, her AP multipliers aren't even enough to an one shot, and again she has barely no ways to defeat Kaido, allowing him to use his 6C clouds is giving more weapons to someone who can win even without them, so if her Dragon Force (which is a 2x-4x amp as well) is restricted i don't understand why a 30+ GTs power is being allowed.
Because.
Kaido can make as many 6-C clouds as he wants and it won't harm Wendy, it's just a second line of defense.

A regular 2x amp on Wendy plus Durability negation on dragons plus resisting his wind based attacks (half his arsenal) is worse than a stomp.

Back