• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warriors of Heaven and Hell: The Most Skilled on the Wiki!

Twenty-Fifth Baam

Was trained for 5 years under the guidance of a master martial artist (one capable of fighting another martial artist on equal grounds despite the latter having centuries of training under his belt and has a power that gave him the ultimate pinnacle of martial arts), capable of learning moves and attacks that take ages to learn after either seeing them or getting hit by them once. Went to countless (hundreds at least) dojo's around a continent, enduring hits and blows and learning the martial arts to such a complex extent that he managed to fuse them into one completely unpredictable martial arts style.

He has copied a space-bending technique, he has defeated Slayer white whose sword bends in space in an unparriable way (only Baam can parry it cause of an ability but even then it's still hard as hell) while landing hundreds to thousands of slashes continuously. Additionally Slayer White temporarily managed to match Kallavan in combat, the guy who i mentioned above as the man who absorbed the ultimate martial arts and trained for centuries endlessly.

For a more complex explanation you could check the intelligence section.

Just gonna be copying stuff from the last thread because it's easier and it'll fill out the list.

Sasaki Kojiro for #3 Swordsman (If not, then it's a clear #4)

https://vsbattles.com/threads/return-of-the-most-skilled-thread.134475/page-4#post-4764251

Mori Jin for #1 Modern Martial Artist

https://vsbattles.com/threads/return-of-the-most-skilled-thread.134475/#post-4639394

Cassandra Cain for #1 Multi-Faceted Martial Artist

https://vsbattles.com/threads/return-of-the-most-skilled-thread.134475/page-5#post-4764548

Xu Jingming for #1 Shields

https://vsbattles.com/threads/return-of-the-most-skilled-thread.134475/page-5#post-4766766

Zhong Yue for #2 Swordsman

https://vsbattles.com/threads/return-of-the-most-skilled-thread.134475/page-5#post-4766766

I'm not gonna defend them if pressed further as i'm not familiar with any of them except Mori.

Mori Jin is a multi-faceted Martial Artist, so he and Cassandra would either have to share a spot or we'd have to have a debate lol.

Otherwise, Kojiro would have to fight against Sion to decide whether or not he gets 3rd spot. Witch can either argue for it in this thread, or I can make another thread where others can argue, his choice.

Zhong Yue would have to fight against Arifureta characters to get the 2nd spot.

I can put Xu Jingming into his spot fine, though.

Mori Jin is a multi-faceted Martial Artist, so he and Cassandra would either have to share a spot or we'd have to have a debate lol.
Technically he is, but he mainly uses Re: Taekwondo, which should count as a Modern Martial Art.

Anyway, i'm not gonna argue for any of the characters as their respective skill feats should be able to speak for themselves.

Twenty-Fifth Baam

Was trained for 5 years under the guidance of a master martial artist (one capable of fighting another martial artist on equal grounds despite the latter having centuries of training under his belt and has a power that gave him the ultimate pinnacle of martial arts), capable of learning moves and attacks that take ages to learn after either seeing them or getting hit by them once. Went to countless (hundreds at least) dojo's around a continent, enduring hits and blows and learning the martial arts to such a complex extent that he managed to fuse them into one completely unpredictable martial arts style.

He has copied a space-bending technique, he has defeated Slayer white whose sword bends in space in an unparriable way (only Baam can parry it cause of an ability but even then it's still hard as hell) while landing hundreds to thousands of slashes continuously. Additionally Slayer White temporarily managed to match Kallavan in combat, the guy who i mentioned above as the man who absorbed the ultimate martial arts and trained for centuries endlessly.

For a more complex explanation you could check the intelligence section.
I'll put him in pending, unless your gunning for a specific spot? He'd be in Multi-Faceted Martial Artists, btw.

Otherwise, Kojiro would have to fight against Sion to decide whether or not he gets 3rd spot. Witch can either argue for it in this thread, or I can make another thread where others can argue, his choice.

I can put Xu Jingming into his spot fine, though.
I rather jump of a cliff than debate Fate Skill levels lmao

I accepted in the last thread that Zhong is above Kouki and Ji Ning, in the last thread the debate was more so because Ji Ning and Kouki being comparable, though since I don't know if people can share a place in this list.

I accepted in the last thread that Zhong is above Kouki and Ji Ning, in the last thread the debate was more so because Ji Ning and Kouki being comparable, though since I don't know if people can share a place in this list.
Okay OwO.

I'll rearrange the list in a bit.

I'm gonna try something here. I'm going to nominate Kamen Rider Saber in his Wonder Almighty form for Swordsman. I wrote a skill thingy for him a while ago. That was only episode 1-15 tho so I didn't write 16-48. In his Wonder Almighty Form, Saber has mastery over every fighting style as well as mastery over every weapon. he can also create countless sword techniques by making countless stories conceptually or whatever.
Megid: Megid are monsters that are immortal and can be revived by opening their books. The ones in this arc are the Golem Megid, three Medusa Sisters, a Goblin Gang, Hanzaki, a Piranha army, an Ant Army, Queen Ant Megid, and 5 Ugly Duckling Megid. It is unknown whether all of them learn from their deaths but we do know that there are some who do. I'll go over them later.

There are also the 4 General Megid that are far stronger/skilled than the previous; Storious, Legeiel, Zooous, and Desast. Storious, Legeiel, and Zooous were originally humans. After discovering the Wonder World and the Almighty Book (A book containing the records of everything in history from beginning to end), they each ripped out one the pages and that transformed them into Megid. Storious became the Megid of stories, Legeiel became the Megid of Divine Beasts, and Zooous became the Megid of animals. The Megid's jobs are to take a portion of a place, convert it into books, and make new Megid out of those books. The Kamen Riders of each generation not only have to fight against hordes and hordes of normal Megid whom they already have trouble against, they all have faced the 4 Megid that have massacred their teachers, parent figures, and predecessors. I wouldn’t be surprised if most of the riders are killed in battle against them.

Sword of Logos: A 2 thousand year old organization dedicated to fighting the Megid. They seek out the best of the best swordsmen to fight the Megid. Even with the best of the best swordsmen, The 4 General Megids are shown to kill them with varying difficulty. You’d have to be Daichi (The guy that was the most skilled in his generation. Current Kamen Rider Calibur) levels of skill in order to face the 4 generals and even then, you would most likely die against them as shown when Storious stomped an upgraded Calibur.

You’d have to be a handful (tens) of the best swordsmen in the world to become a part of the org and you’d have to be in the top 4 - 10 of that to wield a Seiken (Holy Sword) and become a Kamen Rider. There’s these Kamen Riders that are in each generation: Saber, Blades, Espada, Kenzan, Buster, Slash, Calibur, Sabela, and Durendal.

We don’t know exactly what they did or their feat but we know one thing; each generation has a Kamen Rider Calibur. From this we know that each generation’s Kamen Riders have fought and sparred with a person that goes through countless timelines in which they face world-ending scenarios each time (Doesn’t actually go through but the precognition is so strong that the scenarios feel very real and they permanently change the personalities and beliefs of each user). Zooous is a character that has RPL that once he sees a move, that move will never work on him again. Also each time he loses, he gets permanently stronger and more skilled. Since we know the level of precog each Calibur has, we also know that it is VERY likely Zooous has RPLed from many of them. Legeiel and Storious would scale of course.

So the average Kamen Rider predecessors scale to all of that. The current generation gets far more skilled than their predecessors.

But how do we know how skilled the previous Kamen Riders were without knowing their feats? That’s why we have the Four Sages. The Four Sages are the council of the org and are the originators of every sword technique to have existed in Sword of Logos. They are nicknamed, “The Ultimate Swordsmen” and have existed for a long time, presumably as long as the current Master of Logos (Leader of SoL of course). They recently died due to an assassination but when they revived in the final episodes of Saber, they shitstomped all of the Saber riders (EoS arc, when the Saber riders scales to Blades THS, a form that has 20,000 years of culminated skill and techniques, and Xross Saber, a form that theoretically have 6,235,300 combinations of attacks, can stomp Solomon, and restore the world with one sword swing) without effort. And at this point, the Saber riders scale above Master of Logos. Because they have been alive for so long, it is VERY likely that they have trained the swordsmen of each generation. Although not that the swordsmen have their skills by being taught by them, being able to train and spar with them is still very valuable.

Saber: Without prior training, Saber was able to wield Rekka, a Seiken. In addition to what I said earlier, A Seiken requires the user to be a combat expert in order to wield, let alone master. Episode 1 and Saber’s first fight. Golem Megid is a Megid that can turn into a large size. Rekka literally appeared in front of Saber out of thin air and the episode told him, good luck against it. Saber automatically knew what to do on the spot and he defeated Golem Megid with ease. By ease, I mean Saber was styling on this guy. Dodging every move, and dancing around him. Next ep, Saber immediately figures out the link between the Grasshopper and Ant Megids, by referencing a book about Grasshoppers and Ants. Saber and Blades wipe through hundreds of Ant Megids easily. This is also the first time Saber used his bike and he used it perfectly, even climbing up a beanstalk as it grew. Speaking of beanstalk, Saber got the beanstalk book and then used it perfectly without prior knowledge. He turns into Dragon Jackun, a volume 2 form with a completely different fighting style than base form. He even thought of better ideas than Blades to use the book more effectively to kill the Grasshopper Megid. Next episode, Saber fights the Hanzaki Megid. Hanzaki Megid is far stronger than the previous Megids due to the ability to RPL every time he loses. Here Saber assumes another Volume 2 form which is Dragon Peter. By RPLing, the Megid got stronger again and Saber and Blades struggled to fight him again. Saber then masters the Volume 3 forms which even Blades was not ready for. Reminder that Saber is days into his swordsmanship and Blades is decades into it and is a very gifted individual. Saber then stomps the Megid that stomped him previously. Then the Piranha Megid appears and there’s thousands of them (some are big and some are small). Saber in this part masters Crimson Dragon which is a matching Volume 3 form, a form that strains the body heavily and takes a long time to master. This took Blades hours of Accelerated Development training in liberation, an area of training that speeds up training albeit very difficult. Saber masters this the first time he uses it. There are other episodes where Saber fights and stomps the rest of the Megids.

TLDR so far: The baseline for being a part of Sword of Logos is to be a select few tens of the best swordsmen in world. The baseline to be a Kamen Rider in Saber is to be the top swordsmen of the few tens of people that get into Sword of Logos. Copying and using entirely different fighting style is a standard things for them to do and they have shown to master them in seconds. Each generation scales to the Calibur of their generation, a Kamen Rider that is able to precog countless timelines. Any of the Megid generals can stomp the Saber riders in skill. Saber figures out very creative ways to beat the monsters due to his knowledge on books. It took Saber a few minutes to master something that takes a lifetime of a gifted person to learn, it took Saber a few seconds to master a dangerous form (Volume 3) that takes a gifted person to learn in decades, and it took the same amount of time to learn an even more dangerous form (Matching Volume 3) that took a gifted person to train in hours of accelerated development training. This is even more impressive knowing that The Volume 2 forms each have different fighting styles (Dragon Jackun, Dragon Peter, Dragon Hedgehog, Dragon Arthur, Dragon Bremen, Dragon Alangina, Dragon Eagle, and Saiyuu Dragon all have different abilities and ways of fighting. Saber easily mastered them in succession). The Volume 3 Forms (Dragon Peter Hedgehog, Crimson Dragon, and Dragon Eagle Arthur) are even harder to learn because they mix 3 different fighting styles into one. All of this was learned within seconds. Not only that, they would instantly know how to utilize the abilities even if they have never been shown before. Blades and Espada catch up to his skill quickly. Buster, Slash, Kenzan, and Calibur are well above that already.

Saber then goes to Avalon and gains trials to get King of Arthur and Dragonic Knight (The trials aren’t told to the viewers but I have a hunch). Apparently this trial is to test whether or not Saber is worthy of King of Arthur and Dragonic Knight. Saber solves the riddle to King of Arthur in a few minutes. The riddle was basically an entirely white room and a guy saying the same thing over and over again and Saber had to do something (I forgot what) for King of Arthur to appear. Saber kills another one of the trials in literally one-two moves. The Saber riders are struggling with Calibur who has the help of two Medusa Megids. Saber comes back from Avalon, plans out a whole strategy plan in less than one day and the fight goes perfectly planned and the Saber riders defeat Calibur and the Medusas. This awakens the true power of King of Arthur and completes yet another trial, making 3 trials completed in less than one day. With the new found power, Saber was able to stomp Calibur. Calibur then gets a new form called Jaou Dragon which he was able to stomp 4 Saber riders at once. In the final showdown between Calibur and the 3 generals, the Saber Riders were struggling heavily. After Blades gets King Lion Daisenki, Blades was able to stomp the 3 generals by himself. Saber gets Dragonic Knight and automatically learns how to use it and stomp Jaou Dragon. Dragonic Knight and King Lion Daisenki are very similar and appear back to back so Saber in Dragonic Knight can definitely defeat the 4 generals by himself at this point. Now, Saber would be far more skilled than himself from a few episodes ago.

Saber and his group have fought and defeated the 4 generals in this arc.

Zooous: A megid that gets stronger and more skill with every loss he takes. I said that a move that he sees once before will never work on him again. He has RPLed from many Kamen Riders that are more skilled than the current Riders (Zooous said Blades’ master was far more skilled than him).
Storious: A manipulator who orchestrated events from 2 millennia ago to now. Storious is a Megid that effortlessly stomps the Saber riders before King Lion Daisenki and Dragonic Knight. Storious has a multitude of haxes that the Saber raiders have to deal with. He doesn’t really do much in this arc but he becomes the big bad that scales far above the Four Sages.

Movie: Saber and crew have to fight Falchion, a swordsman who is equal to Saikou who is a 2 thousand year old swordsman who became a legendary Swordsman in folklore. They were part of some of the original swordsmen in SoL (another example to prove that the previous swordsmen were no joke). Falchion carries around a Tier 2 book so Saber and crew not only have to fight him, they have to fight his army while a book is destroying two universes. Falchion also has low-godly regen so Saber was 1 v 1 fighting this guy and killed him multiple times. By this time, it was still early into the arc so he wasn’t as skilled as the end of the arc. Falchion, despite dying multiple times, was stomping Saber (Regen was kinda a boast move for him to prove a point that Saber couldn’t kill him. When Saber gained Emotional Dragon, he is capable of using it to full effects in its first use and Saber then stomped Falchion now that their AP is equalized. Saber also found a way to bypass Falchion’s regen by sealing him in a book. Note that Saber has never used any technique from Emotional Dragon before and he knew about the sealing and how to use it.

Espada, Kenzan, and Desast: Espada and Kenzan use speed amps very frequently. They are among the fastest in the organization. Back to the point of the Four Sages, the speed amps is a thing that they came up with. Between the sages training the Kamen Riders and the Kamen Riders training with each other, they should be more than capable of handling it. Even the slowest out of all the characters (Buster) is able to handle Desast’s speed amp with ease and Buster even trained Espada.

Kenzan vs Desast had Kenzan speeding up and circling around Desast (who has precog) and outspeeding him at every turn. Even so, Desast was able to go toe to toe with Kenzan for a brief moment. Kenzan is currently below Espada in terms of skill. When Espada went into his speed amp against Calibur, he was countered very easily. Calibur was ready for all his moves and beat Espada multiple times and by this point, Espada is even more powerful than Saber and Blades. Calibur is also a character who 1 v 3 stomped Saber, Blades, and Espada. Since the Keys are treated as the end of each arc, Saber now scales far beyond Calibur. We see this later on when Saber effortlessly stomps Kenzan.

Last edited:
I'm gonna try something here. I'm going to nominate Kamen Rider Saber in his Wonder Almighty form for Swordsman. I wrote a skill thingy for him a while ago. That was only episode 1-15 tho so I didn't write 16-48. In his Wonder Almighty Form, Saber has mastery over every fighting style as well as mastery over every weapon. he can also create countless sword techniques by making countless stories conceptually or whatever.
The conceptual stuff sounds less like skill and more like unquantifiable bullshit lol.

The conceptual stuff sounds less like skill and more like unquantifiable bullshit lol.
Bullshit is a way to describe Saber. This is what official specs say about the form:
"Possessing all sorts of martial arts skills that allow him to master all kinds of weapons, he boasts an ever-changing fighting style, such as creating various effects by emitting tricky actions" and "He also becomes one with the holy sword, "Flame Sword Rekka," and spins out new sword techniques from countless stories."

Last edited:
The link is wrong, it link to this thread instead of the skill argument.

I guess I'll try and nominate Commander Shepard for either firearms or the misc category. Here's a list of feats I've compiled through the trilogy.

Depending on player choice their background can include him being able to help defend and rally untrained fighters in the Skillian Blitz against a huge array of pirates and raiders and was stated to have "Held off enemy forces single handed until reinforcements arrived." when the defences were breached with the battle stated to have lasted for several hours and was awarded the star of terra, the system alliance's highest honor. (War Hero)

The second one (Sole Survivor) has Shepard surviving the Akuze incident, whereupon him and 50 other marines were attacked throughout the night by Thresher Maws. With an untold number of these beasts slaughtered the rest of them with Shepard being skilled enough to be able to save themselves out of that predicament in time against a then at the time unknown foe as humanity was still in the process of claiming planets.

The third one (Ruthless) had Shepard take part in the siege of Torfan, sometime after the Skillian Blitz. Whereupon the aforementioned Batarian fleet was dug in deep in an entrenched, underground bunker. The mission was an absolute meat grinder yet Shepard took the costs and completed the mission above all else.

Plus Shepard is also a graduate of the N7 program, which include the most elite of the systems alliance military that involves various tasks that are on par with US Army Rangers at the very least.

Shepard thanks to one of those three backgrounds gets considered and later picked as the first ever human Spectre. The top agents of the Citadel Council. Its stated by Anderson that "Spectres aren't made. They're born." Spectres draw their numbers from the Turians and Asari, the former are essentially the roman empire in space with their military doctrine and boot camp starting at age 15. The Asari are a race of aliens that live for a thousand years, with Asari Huntresses/Commandos spending at least 20 to 30 years early in life training in the art to start with and considered the best in a 1v1 against other races. One Turian even said "The Asari are among the finest warriors in the galaxy, fortunately there are not many of them." Yet Shepard can beat groups of these even as far back as the first game as shown with the Benezia bossfight.

Also in the Spectres are the Salarians. A race who helped create the very idea of Spectres with their entire military doctrine basically about being Agent 47 in space and ending battles before they even begin. There are also the Krogan , while they are not a council race they are basically Spartans in space with Urdnot Wrex who can be killed by Shepard having been stated to actually have killed a Thresher Maw in a 1v1 as part of his proving trails for his clan.

Shepard is far superior in skill to squadmate and Turian Garrus Vakarian. Who was a skilled marksman who can casually bust out several headshots in quick succession. Garrus was at one point also considered as a spectre candidate but was forbidden by his father from joining but depending on player choice can either go back to C-Sec or apply to be a spectre.

When 2 rolled around following Shepard's death Garrus travelled to Omega. A place that is basically ran only by crime where he proceeded to become the vigilante known as Archangel who proceeded to take the fight to several mercenary bands. Garrus was betrayed by one of his team and was bogged down by three of the groups. Yet Garrus still performed feats such as shooting a gunship and blowing it up with not even being said to be fair. With Garrus camped there for hours mowing down and funnelling the mercs while they returned fire at him. With him doing this for over a day with little to no pauses. While it was ultimately required for Shepard to save him Garrus still has the wherewithal to recognise them in the heat of battle after all that.

Shepard is acknowledged as the leader and superior of Grunt. Said being is a Krogan that was genetically engineered from birth to be the ultimate Krogan by a mad scientist named Dr Okeer, Grunt was implanted with the history of various Krogan warlords with their battle experience and later in his loyalty mission can defeat a Thresher Maw alongside Shepard and another squadmate which results in Grunt becoming the leader of an elite unit of Krogan later in 3.. To add to the feats with Urdnot Wrex he's implied to have lived close to 1000 years and is credited as one of the last few Battlemasters who are stated to be more than a match for 10 soldiers of any other race. Plus he was skilled enough to escape an ambush and killed his father who performed in it the same night. The only time Wrex seemed to have come close to defeat was a battle with an Asari Commando and even that ended in a stalemate along with a looot of collateral damage.

2's endgame also has Shepard finally raiding the base of the Collectors, a mission that is referred to many times as a suicide mission that can result in the permadeath of Shepard and the rest of his crew. Yet Shepard can pull the mission off with no squad deaths at all. One squad member can be counted on to bring back the entire crew of the Normandy who are non-combatants back to the forcibly grounded ship deep in enemy territory during the mission and can survive if loyal i.e entirely focused on the mission. This includes even the weakest like Mordin who was a Salarian doctor and ex STG agent that was in the twilight years of his life and even admitted the front line wasn't his direct speciality but can still kill a Krogan with a well placed pitchfork despite the height and build difference.

By this point in time the Reaper War begins, with the Reapers (Suddenly this matchup became kinda thematic lol) being a race of gigantic mecha ctihulus that purge the galaxy of almost all organic life every 50'000 years citing Shepard as the one true threat to their task having killed one of them in ME1 after damaging them through killing their Saren Husk. With all the races in the galaxy looking to Shepard to lead them in the struggle against them.

Shepard is able to defeat and kill Kai Leng. As much of a cringey Raiden/Nightwing knockoff that he is Kai is able to kill a Krogan with just a normal army knife (For reference Krogan possess secondary vital organs among other physical benefits that make fighting them in melee a hard sell.) Kai was also able to defeat a weakened Thane Krios, a squadmate in 2 who is credited as among the greatest assassins in the galaxy. Thane started his training at the age of 6 and killed at 12 years old and has plied this trade ever since. Thane developed a list of techniques tailor made to take out each race should they be his target. He was capable of performing a clean headshot on a merc around civilians with Garrus even commenting on it being impressive. He did all of Mass Effect 2 while terminally ill from Kepral's Syndrome. And with less than 50 percent lung capacity. In 3 he still gives Kai Leng one heck of a fight despite needing constant medical aid and was well past his life expectancy by that time.

The other major skill feats for 3 that I can think of is in the Citadel DLC, whereupon Shepard fights a clone of themselves. Said clone uses the exact same major power as them and is skilled enough to actually blast the gun out of the hands of the real deal yet still ultimately loses the fight. There is also the Armax Arena challenges which can have Shepard be proven as the number 1 fighter in the galaxy, said rankings include Aria who was the main leader of Omega and James Vega who also goes through the N7 program and fights alongside Shepard in 3.

Again I'm not sure if Shepard can warrant a location but either firearm or misc would likely be where they end up, sorry if its a lot to sift through its just I'm trying to drum more interest in the mass effect verse recently.

Last edited:
Huh, neat. Anyone mention Ji Ning yet or nah? He's primarily a sword expert with some basic boxing training and intermediate archery skill. How would he be categorized?

I'm just getting back to this thread sorry I didn't answer you lol.

I'd prefer if we went one category at a time but I'm not the one submitting characters so I really have no say in the matter.
Separate threads maybe? And then use this as a hub?

I've rearranged the Swordsmanship category as such:

1. Zhong Yue
2. Ji Ning (Desolate Chaos)
3. Characters from Arifuerta
4. Sasaki Kojirou (Record of Ragnarok)
5. Sion Zail

If anyone has any objections to the placements of anyone in this category, speak now or forever hold your peace.

I've also, as suggested, added each submissions feats next to their names on the list, so people can more easily compare between characters.

I guess I'll try and nominate Commander Shepard for either firearms or the misc category. Here's a list of feats I've compiled through the trilogy.

Depending on player choice their background can include him being able to help defend and rally untrained fighters in the Skillian Blitz against a huge array of pirates and raiders and was stated to have "Held off enemy forces single handed until reinforcements arrived." when the defences were breached with the battle stated to have lasted for several hours and was awarded the star of terra, the system alliance's highest honor. (War Hero)

The second one (Sole Survivor) has Shepard surviving the Akuze incident, whereupon him and 50 other marines were attacked throughout the night by Thresher Maws. With an untold number of these beasts slaughtered the rest of them with Shepard being skilled enough to be able to save themselves out of that predicament in time against a then at the time unknown foe as humanity was still in the process of claiming planets.

The third one (Ruthless) had Shepard take part in the siege of Torfan, sometime after the Skillian Blitz. Whereupon the aforementioned Batarian fleet was dug in deep in an entrenched, underground bunker. The mission was an absolute meat grinder yet Shepard took the costs and completed the mission above all else.

Plus Shepard is also a graduate of the N7 program, which include the most elite of the systems alliance military that involves various tasks that are on par with US Army Rangers at the very least.

Shepard thanks to one of those three backgrounds gets considered and later picked as the first ever human Spectre. The top agents of the Citadel Council. Its stated by Anderson that "Spectres aren't made. They're born." Spectres draw their numbers from the Turians and Asari, the former are essentially the roman empire in space with their military doctrine and boot camp starting at age 15. The Asari are a race of aliens that live for a thousand years, with Asari Huntresses/Commandos spending at least 20 to 30 years early in life training in the art to start with and considered the best in a 1v1 against other races. One Turian even said "The Asari are among the finest warriors in the galaxy, fortunately there are not many of them." Yet Shepard can beat groups of these even as far back as the first game as shown with the Benezia bossfight.

Also in the Spectres are the Salarians. A race who helped create the very idea of Spectres with their entire military doctrine basically about being Agent 47 in space and ending battles before they even begin. There are also the Krogan , while they are not a council race they are basically Spartans in space with Urdnot Wrex who can be killed by Shepard having been stated to actually have killed a Thresher Maw in a 1v1 as part of his proving trails for his clan.

Shepard is far superior in skill to squadmate and Turian Garrus Vakarian. Who was a skilled marksman who can casually bust out several headshots in quick succession. Garrus was at one point also considered as a spectre candidate but was forbidden by his father from joining but depending on player choice can either go back to C-Sec or apply to be a spectre.

When 2 rolled around following Shepard's death Garrus travelled to Omega. A place that is basically ran only by crime where he proceeded to become the vigilante known as Archangel who proceeded to take the fight to several mercenary bands. Garrus was betrayed by one of his team and was bogged down by three of the groups. Yet Garrus still performed feats such as shooting a gunship and blowing it up with not even being said to be fair. With Garrus camped there for hours mowing down and funnelling the mercs while they returned fire at him. With him doing this for over a day with little to no pauses. While it was ultimately required for Shepard to save him Garrus still has the wherewithal to recognise them in the heat of battle after all that.

Shepard is acknowledged as the leader and superior of Grunt. Said being is a Krogan that was genetically engineered from birth to be the ultimate Krogan by a mad scientist named Dr Okeer, Grunt was implanted with the history of various Krogan warlords with their battle experience and later in his loyalty mission can defeat a Thresher Maw alongside Shepard and another squadmate which results in Grunt becoming the leader of an elite unit of Krogan later in 3.. To add to the feats with Urdnot Wrex he's implied to have lived close to 1000 years and is credited as one of the last few Battlemasters who are stated to be more than a match for 10 soldiers of any other race. Plus he was skilled enough to escape an ambush and killed his father who performed in it the same night. The only time Wrex seemed to have come close to defeat was a battle with an Asari Commando and even that ended in a stalemate along with a looot of collateral damage.

2's endgame also has Shepard finally raiding the base of the Collectors, a mission that is referred to many times as a suicide mission that can result in the permadeath of Shepard and the rest of his crew. Yet Shepard can pull the mission off with no squad deaths at all. One squad member can be counted on to bring back the entire crew of the Normandy who are non-combatants back to the forcibly grounded ship deep in enemy territory during the mission and can survive if loyal i.e entirely focused on the mission. This includes even the weakest like Mordin who was a Salarian doctor and ex STG agent that was in the twilight years of his life and even admitted the front line wasn't his direct speciality but can still kill a Krogan with a well placed pitchfork despite the height and build difference.

By this point in time the Reaper War begins, with the Reapers (Suddenly this matchup became kinda thematic lol) being a race of gigantic mecha ctihulus that purge the galaxy of almost all organic life every 50'000 years citing Shepard as the one true threat to their task having killed one of them in ME1 after damaging them through killing their Saren Husk. With all the races in the galaxy looking to Shepard to lead them in the struggle against them.

Shepard is able to defeat and kill Kai Leng. As much of a cringey Raiden/Nightwing knockoff that he is Kai is able to kill a Krogan with just a normal army knife (For reference Krogan possess secondary vital organs among other physical benefits that make fighting them in melee a hard sell.) Kai was also able to defeat a weakened Thane Krios, a squadmate in 2 who is credited as among the greatest assassins in the galaxy. Thane started his training at the age of 6 and killed at 12 years old and has plied this trade ever since. Thane developed a list of techniques tailor made to take out each race should they be his target. He was capable of performing a clean headshot on a merc around civilians with Garrus even commenting on it being impressive. He did all of Mass Effect 2 while terminally ill from Kepral's Syndrome. And with less than 50 percent lung capacity. In 3 he still gives Kai Leng one heck of a fight despite needing constant medical aid and was well past his life expectancy by that time.

The other major skill feats for 3 that I can think of is in the Citadel DLC, whereupon Shepard fights a clone of themselves. Said clone uses the exact same major power as them and is skilled enough to actually blast the gun out of the hands of the real deal yet still ultimately loses the fight. There is also the Armax Arena challenges which can have Shepard be proven as the number 1 fighter in the galaxy, said rankings include Aria who was the main leader of Omega and James Vega who also goes through the N7 program and fights alongside Shepard in 3.

Again I'm not sure if Shepard can warrant a location but either firearm or misc would likely be where they end up, sorry if its a lot to sift through its just I'm trying to drum more interest in the mass effect verse recently.
I'll add him into pending.

Ok so for bows, I’d like to Nominate Sagittarius Aiolos. The reasoning is as follows - For one, all of his attacks are precise enough to target matter on a level below quarks.
He is vastly more skilled at marksmanship then Aquarius Camus, who casually pingponged a projectile from Greece, to a star around 540 light years away, back to Siberia, without looking at it. This is more impressive when we consider that the star, and earth are both moving.
In addition, Aiolos’ previous reincarnation, shot an arrow from Greece, to Germany In a way that if it was spilt into 4 pieces, they would exactly hit 4 separate floating targets, while the bow string was also being pulled back by a person who has never shot an arrow in her life.
Sagittarius Seiya, who has pretty much the exact same skill set as Aiolos, shot an opponent though the chest with an arrow, all while compensating for the fact the target was standing under a mass with a gravitational field comparable to a planet.
Finally, Aiolos also sniped his brother who was on earth, from space. While this wasn’t with a bow, it’s a general marksmanship feat.
For placement, there’s no one on bows category rn, so first place.

Ok so for bows, I’d like to Nominate Sagittarius Aiolos. The reasoning is as follows - For one, all of his attacks are precise enough to target matter on a level below quarks.
He is vastly more skilled at marksmanship then Aquarius Camus, who casually pingponged a projectile from Greece, to a star around 540 light years away, back to Siberia, without looking at it. This is more impressive when we consider that the star, and earth are both moving.
In addition, Aiolos’ previous reincarnation, shot an arrow from Greece, to Germany In a way that if it was spilt into 4 pieces, they would exactly hit 4 separate floating targets, while the bow string was also being pulled back by a person who has never shot an arrow in her life.
Sagittarius Seiya, who has pretty much the exact same skill set as Aiolos, shot an opponent though the chest with an arrow, all while compensating for the fact the target was standing under a mass with a gravitational field comparable to a planet.
Finally, Aiolos also sniped his brother who was on earth, from space. While this wasn’t with a bow, it’s a general marksmanship feat.
For placement, there’s no one on bows category rn, so first place.
Yeah, Aiolos will get 1st place in bows for now, definitely.

Back