• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ranking HST Intelligence

I wanted to do another HST related thread, but not one that's based on combat. So I decided to make this thread, here we will rank the top 5 smartest characters for each category of intelligence. The verse with the most amount of characters listed wins.

Note this accounting for the collection of all three verses, so I'm not talking about the top 5 smartest characters, for each category, from all the verses. But rather a competition between all three for these top 5 positions. Hopefully everyone understands this. We're also not abiding by what the profiles say, as most of them are heavily outdated. Provide actual scans and argumentation for these placements, not conjecture based on outdated information.

With that said, let's get to the categorize themselves.

Generalized Intelligence: (This Category is for those whose intelligence expands to multiple different subjects and studies, with knowledge in those particulars being notable)

Combat Intelligence: (This Category is for those whose intelligence is the most prevalent within fighting, such would include sword fighting, hand to hand combat etc)

Academic Intelligence: (This Category is for those whose intelligence is the most prevalent within academic study and accomplishments, such would include notable knowledge in fields like mathematics, chemistry etc)

Technological Intelligence: (This Category is for those whose intelligence is the most prevalent within technology, such would include notable knowledge of mechanics and actual, technological creations)

Planning Intelligence: (This Category is for those whose intelligence is the most prevalent within their planning capabilities, be them on the fly or pre-planned over the course of a period of time)

Y'all need to provide actual argumentation and scans, not just saying this character should be here and that's it 🗿

Nominating Madara Uchiha for number #1 on every category based on these reasons:
Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I'm definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye's spinach. I'm talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.

Nominating Madara Uchiha for number #1 on every category based on these reasons:
Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I'm definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye's spinach. I'm talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.
holy shit Swagkage reference

Aizen and Kisuke and Mayuri should be obvious contenders for technology. The hogyoku feat eclipses both series and mayuri displays various pieces ikof advanced gear such ad the reiatsu seals, postcognition drug, showing he has varied knowledge on tech. Aizen and kisuke scale above this as well. I'd argue all of these deserve top 3.

Planning also goes to Aizen because of keikaku. He should be top 1.

Ain't vegapunk have the Generalized, Academic and even Technological Intelligence?
latest

My guy solos 💥

Last edited:
I think Vegapunk and Orochimaru should be in the top 5 for technology and arguably academics

Orochimaru has immense knowledge of genetics and chakra to the point of being able to completely clone people, has reverse-engineered abilities as rare as genetic bloodline abilities like wood style, has created a pseudo immortality for himself, and perfected abilities created by Tobirama such as Edo Tensei when Tobirama himself was already considered a genius.

Vegapunk consistently is stated to make technology 500 years ahead of everyone else (partially because some of the technology existed in the void century), has reverse-engineered devil fruit abilities, created cyborgs, and is generally stated to be unmatched in the OP world in Science from fields such as cell biology to military technology.

Where they would be in the top 5 depends but I generally think Orochimaru has a better grasp of his world's abilities than Vegapunk(and arguably more impressive feats), while Vegapunk has more direct statements of being versed in more scientific fields than Orochimaru.

Last edited:
I wanted to do another HST related thread, but not one that's based on combat. So I decided to make this thread, here we will rank the top 5 smartest characters for each category of intelligence. The verse with the most amount of characters listed wins.

Note this accounting for the collection of all three verses, so I'm not talking about the top 5 smartest characters, for each category, from all the verses. But rather a competition between all three for these top 5 positions. Hopefully everyone understands this. We're also not abiding by what the profiles say, as most of them are heavily outdated. Provide actual scans and argumentation for these placements, not conjecture based on outdated information.

With that said, let's get to the categorize themselves.

Generalized Intelligence: (This Category is for those whose intelligence expands to multiple different subjects and studies, with knowledge in those particulars being notable)

Combat Intelligence: (This Category is for those whose intelligence is the most prevalent within fighting, such would include sword fighting, hand to hand combat etc)

Academic Intelligence: (This Category is for those whose intelligence is the most prevalent within academic study and accomplishments, such would include notable knowledge in fields like mathematics, chemistry etc)

Technological Intelligence: (This Category is for those whose intelligence is the most prevalent within technology, such would include notable knowledge of mechanics and actual, technological creations)

Planning Intelligence: (This Category is for those whose intelligence is the most prevalent within their planning capabilities, be them on the fly or pre-planned over the course of a period of time)
General Intelligence:
1) Kisuke
2) Aizen.
3) Mayuri.
4) Amado.
5) Orochimaru.

Combat intelligence:
1) Kisuke.
2) Aizen.
3) Itachi.
4) Mayuri (bro relies way too much on prep, most of Itachi's feats are in the moment by comparison).
5) Orochimaru.

Academic intelligence:
1) Aizen (he is stated to have the most varied collection of books in all of Soul Society, considering more than a thousand a Shinigami exist, give or take, this is a big statement, not just that, he took Kisuke's research and added that knowledge to his own).
2) Kisuke.
3) Mayuri (bro was in the ******* Maggot's Nest.
4) Itachi (read his profile).
5) Minato.

Technological intelligence:
1) Kisuke.
2) Aizen (these two created the Hogyoku! That feat puts them above the rest.)
3) Mayuri.
4) Amado.
5) Orochimaru.

Planning intelligence:

1) Kisuke (1000 plans for every possible scenario and infinite plans... yeah that's more than enough to say Kisuke is number one, even Aizen said he is smarter, and Quincies who have 1000 years of prep on Kisuke admitted that Kisuke would outsmart them).
2) Aizen (bro planned for within 100 years into the future and not only that, he matched Kisuke for a 100 year long battle of Death Note, despite the fact Kisuke is smarter).
3) Itachi (his profile should be more than enough reason).
4) Mayuri.
5) Orochimaru.

This is as far as I am aware. Hit me up on Discord if anybody has anything to add.

Minato, Itachi, and Tobirama for combat intelligence. Minato broke down Kamui like it was an elementary school assignment, easily tricked Ay with FTG twice, thought to teleport the Juubidama stalk before Tobirama could (though Juubito shut down the idea before it could be executed), and analyzed the TSOs' properties thoroughly. Tobirama quickly figured out a counter to Juubito's quick reactions and senjutsu immunity. Itachi tricked Naruto into falling under his genjutsu, could pressure Sasuke enough that he was completely convinced Itachi was trying to kill him without actually killing him, was able to break down Chibaku Tensei in seconds, took advantage of the smoke screen it created to stab Nagato, realized who Kabuto was most likely to attack, came up with a plan to tag Kabuto despite his godlike reactions, came up with the idea for him and Sasuke to cast genjutsu on each other to break themselves out, etc.

Academic intelligence is Orochimaru and maybe Itachi. Orochimaru researched ninjutsu his whole life and has an absurd amount of knowledge as a result, and Itachi got the 2nd best Chunin Exam score ever despite being years younger than most people that took the test.

Amado should definitely be on the list for technological intelligence considering all the broken robots he made, even if he had assistance from Shibai's DNA.

Minato, Itachi, and Tobirama for combat intelligence. Minato broke down Kamui like it was an elementary school assignment, easily tricked Ay with FTG twice, thought to teleport the Juubidama stalk before Tobirama could (though Juubito shut down the idea before it could be executed), and analyzed the TSOs' properties thoroughly. Tobirama quickly figured out a counter to Juubito's quick reactions and senjutsu immunity. Itachi tricked Naruto into falling under his genjutsu, could pressure Sasuke enough that he was completely convinced Itachi was trying to kill him without actually killing him, was able to break down Chibaku Tensei in seconds, took advantage of the smoke screen it created to stab Nagato, realized who Kabuto was most likely to attack, came up with a plan to tag Kabuto despite his godlike reactions, came up with the idea for him and Sasuke to cast genjutsu on each other to break themselves out, etc.

Academic intelligence is Orochimaru and maybe Itachi. Orochimaru researched ninjutsu his whole life and has an absurd amount of knowledge as a result, and Itachi got the 2nd best Chunin Exam score ever despite being years younger than most people that took the test.

Amado should definitely be on the list for technological intelligence considering all the broken robots he made, even if he had assistance from Shibai's DNA.
Since nobody told me that no Boruto characters, time to update:

General Intelligence:
1) Kisuke
2) Aizen.
3) Mayuri.
4) Orochimaru.
5) Szyalaporro.

Combat intelligence:
1) Kisuke.
2) Aizen.
3) Itachi.
4) Mayuri (bro relies way too much on prep, most of Itachi's feats are in the moment by comparison).
5) Orochimaru.

Academic intelligence:
1) Aizen (he is stated to have the most varied collection of books in all of Soul Society, considering more than a thousand a Shinigami exist, give or take, this is a big statement, not just that, he took Kisuke's research and added that knowledge to his own).
2) Kisuke.
3) Mayuri (bro was in the ******* Maggot's Nest).
4) Itachi (read his profile).
5) Minato.

Technological intelligence:
1) Kisuke.
2) Aizen (these two created the Hogyoku! That feat puts them above the rest.)
3) Mayuri.
4) Orochimaru.
5) Szyalaporro.

Planning intelligence:

1) Kisuke (1000 plans for every possible scenario and infinite plans... yeah that's more than enough to say Kisuke is number one, even Aizen said he is smarter, and Quincies who have 1000 years of prep on Kisuke admitted that Kisuke would outsmart them).
2) Aizen (bro planned for within 100 years into the future and not only that, he matched Kisuke for a 100 year long battle of Death Note, despite the fact Kisuke is smarter).
3) Itachi (his profile should be more than enough reason).
4) Mayuri.
5) Orochimaru.

Mihawk and Luffy for Combat Intelligence
Nami, Chopper, and Robin for Academic Intelligence
Sengoku, Sanji, Doflamingo for Planning Intelligence
Vegapunk and Judge for Technological Intelligence
Swap Mihawk with Ace or Sabo or somn

Shikamaru should also make the top 5 for more both combat and planning

Same with sasuke due to his entire plan to kirin itachi which included taking the fight outside when itachi planned to use amatertasu; allowing him to spam it to further heat the atmosphere up etc

Ace did stuff like using his Observation to spam fireballs where Whitebeard would dodge, for example.
Sabo turned into fire and used it to propel him self when Issho tried to overpower him with gravity.
Among other things.

Mihawk and Luffy for Combat Intelligence
Nami, Chopper, and Robin for Academic Intelligence
Sengoku, Sanji, Doflamingo for Planning Intelligence
Vegapunk and Judge for Technological Intelligence
Also why isn't Queen in Technological Intelligence lol

Ace did stuff like using his Observation to spam fireballs where Whitebeard would dodge, for example.
Nearly every obs Haki users do this/can do this... It's not even impressive at all, idk if you simply are explaining it insanely bad but if you already know where he's going to go, no shit you'll attack that place
Sabo turned into fire and used it to propel him self when Issho tried to overpower him with gravity.
... Bro how are these anywhere close to being good skill feats?

A very good skill feat from Sabo is with him and his core technique
No they do not.
They do, you literally don't know what your talking about

Nearly every obs Haki users do this/can do this... It's not even impressive at all, idk if you simply are explaining it insanely bad but if you already know where he's going to go, no shit you'll attack that place

... Bro how are these anywhere close to being good skill feats?

A very good skill feat from Sabo is with him and his core technique

They do, you literally don't know what your talking about
Imma stop before I say something against the rules

Back