• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Video Games Hot Takes

I'm surprised that none of you guys has made this version

As per title say, post your short rant/hot takes regarding the video games here, and please retain the composure and don't get so toxic and atrocious, here we go!

If any of y'all watched Synthetic Man's god-awful review of GOW Ragnarok and the apparent Sindri-Atreus relationship that he "called out", you'd know what a real hot take is.

Gacha games should be subjected to same gambling laws as standard games.

Right now any game with (in game) currency that has explicit gambling gets slapped with an automatic teen (or higher) age rating meanwhile Gacha that gambles with actual real money don't (it makes zero sense).

Right now any game with (in game) currency that has explicit gambling gets slapped with an automatic teen (or higher) age rating meanwhile Gacha that gambles with actual real money don't (it makes zero sense).

9-C607760-75-D7-45-E0-9-DC5-7-E173-A5-DA6-FF.png

Genshin

It is of my opinion that instead of merely subjecting them to gambling laws, that they be declared illegal outright and that laws be made so that no loophole bullshit can bypass this. Greedy corpos will try the "macrotransaction" route of making games too grindy and making skins and DLC available at exorbitant prices to bypass said grind so such macrotransactions should also be closely investigated and hard-banned whenever possible, and as insult to injury if they try to use the "curbing down innovation" argument, you slap down another fine down their throats.

Lootboxes, Microtransactions, Macrotransactions and needless grind have no place in video games and should be cyberbullied out of existence.

It is of my opinion that instead of merely subjecting them to gambling laws, that they be declared illegal outright and that laws be made so that no loophole bullshit can bypass this. Greedy corpos will try the "macrotransaction" route of making games too grindy and making skins and DLC available at exorbitant prices to bypass said grind so such macrotransactions should also be closely investigated and hard-banned whenever possible, and as insult to injury if they try to use the "curbing down innovation" argument, you slap down another fine down their throats.

bruh, I play fate grand order a gacha game and I haven’t spend a single cent on it.

So you Gonna ban me from my waifu’s?

also do you like Minecraft Klol?

PlayStation/Sony's exclusives were better and more diverse in gameplay styles and genres in the PS1, 2, and 3 eras than today. Now they just all seem to follow the same cinematic storytelling third person gameplay formula. So I prefer the older PlayStation titles because of this.

bruh, I play fate grand order a gacha game and I haven’t spend a single cent on it.
LEAVE. Trust me, the moment you abandon FGO, your life will instantly turn better. RATE UP IS A LIE.

So you Gonna ban me from my waifu’s?
Waifus should be earnable within gameplay and should have more customization options than anything else. Multiple versions of waifus are counterintuitive.

Also come on brother, they're just PNGs, pixiv has better FGO waifu fanarts anyway.

also do you like Minecraft Klol?
Not my cup of tea, so I'm indifferent to it.

LEAVE. Trust me, the moment you abandon FGO, your life will instantly turn better. RATE UP IS A LIE.

Waifus should be earnable within gameplay and should have more customization options than anything else. Multiple versions of waifus are counterintuitive.

Also come on brother, they're just PNGs, pixiv has better FGO waifu fanarts anyway.

Not my cup of tea, so I'm indifferent to it.
Still won’t stop me. I’m saving stuff to try to get Morgan, Barghest, melusine, koyanskaya, Oberon, and melusine

Still won’t stop me. I’m saving stuff to try to get Morgan, Barghest, melusine, koyanskaya, Oberon, and melusine
'Tis a fools' errand to try and get Morgan, be happy with Barghest, Koyan or Oberon, also ya double-posted Melusine LOL

Lootboxes, Microtransactions, Macrotransactions and needless grind have no place in video games and should be cyberbullied out of existence.
Okay but here's the thing, mobile gacha games story >>>>>>>> your Triple A Games by Big Companies in Console/PC
And then there's the musics

Back