• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Video Games Hot Takes

for this point I doubt very much that something will be done, paying to have your waifu/husband, or a skin in your shooting game has already been normalized a lot for this point being the way that companies give you the possibility to play something for free.

anyway... the current pokemon games feel pretty bad compared to past generations... arceus was great, but personally i don't like how they give you the games incomplete so you have to get a dlc to get the full game.

Okay but here's the thing, mobile gacha games story >>>>>>>> your Triple A Games by Big Companies in Console/PC
And then there's the musics
It's a crapshoot most of the time, both have their ups and downs. I'd say in the storytelling department they're pretty much even.

It's a crapshoot most of the time, both have their ups and downs. I'd say in the storytelling department they're pretty much even.
Well maybe, but most of the time the Triple A Games stories are always ended up boring ot even trash, most of it even insert some of woke culture of it (TLOUS2)

The only way gacha/lootbox can be dealt with is if theres legal/social punishment for even playing the games in the first place. Read play, as in yes even people who don't pay money. Theres an abundance of free and $1 games on mobile so miss me with the "I have nothing to play" excuse. Games are bad for everyone and the industry as a whole, not gonna sugar coat my distaste for them or the verses here.

anyway... the current pokemon games feel pretty bad compared to past generations... arceus was great, but personally i don't like how they give you the games incomplete so you have to get a dlc to get the full game.
Happens when a company rushes two major releases in less than a year. It wouldn't happen if said unfinished games didn't sell 10 million in 3 days so uh unno what else to say lads.

PlayStation/Sony's exclusives were better and more diverse in gameplay styles and genres in the PS1, 2, and 3 eras than today. Now they just all seem to follow the same cinematic storytelling third person gameplay formula. So I prefer the older PlayStation titles because of this.
Theres only 6 or 7 PS5 exclusives.

There is no reason to buy a PS5, Xbox, or Switch over a Steam Deck.

User repair and right to repair should not be as taboo as it is.

The only way gacha/lootbox can be dealt with is if theres legal/social punishment for even playing the games in the first place. Read play, as in yes even people who don't pay money. Theres an abundance of free and $1 games on mobile so miss me with the "I have nothing to play" excuse. Games are bad for everyone and the industry as a whole, not gonna sugar coat my distaste for them or the verses here.

Happens when a company rushes two major releases in less than a year. It wouldn't happen if said unfinished games didn't sell 10 million in 3 days so uh unno what else to say lads.

Theres only 6 or 7 PS5 exclusives.

There is no reason to buy a PS5, Xbox, or Switch over a Steam Deck.

User repair and right to repair should not be as taboo as it is.
I was also referring to the PS4 era too you know. Not just PS5.

For the over the shoulder stuff blame brands, suits, the concept of design by committee, Scalpers, and the larger market.

Theres a lot more I can say but Sony just wants to pander to the widest possible market, any innovations it would make are either minuet or huge gambles. Scalpers and (EDIT)them MS deals especially, have probably really hurt them.

Scalpers because those scalped consoles aren't making digital purchases, which is how Sony recoups production costs.(/EDIT)

Speaking of gambles, I'll throw out another take. I think once the Actiblizz thing winds down Sony'll probably try to buy Square Enix. Saw a lot of rumors about that floating around, and yeah I believe em.

Last edited:
For the over the shoulder stuff blame brands, suits, the concept of design by committee, Scalpers, and the larger market.

Theres a lot more I can say but Sony just wants to pander to the widest possible market, any innovations it would make are either minuet or huge gambles. Scalpers and (EDIT)them MS deals especially, have probably really hurt them.

Scalpers because those scalped consoles aren't making digital purchases, which is how Sony recoups production costs.(/EDIT)

Speaking of gambles, I'll throw out another take. I think once the Actiblizz thing winds down Sony'll probably try to buy Square Enix. Saw a lot of rumors about that floating around, and yeah I believe em.
Question what do you think of steam?

Sony would be on a fools' errand if they try that TBF, Squeenix is at its lowest point yet with the NFT bullshit that will most likely attract some serious law enforcement attention as NFTs keep collapsing left and right. Sony most likely would want to avoid that PR mess.

I just don't find its core gameplay loop engaging personally.
Thats the game not appealing to you, which is fair enough. Cant let the fact that you calles it BORING slide though. Armored Core is many things, good and bad. But boring is dostn even exist in the same plane of reality as AC

Btw, The Outer Worlds is basically the concept of "Fallout, but with good gameplay"
or just "Falllout, but good"

Seriously, does anyone REALLY like Bethesda games? I tried every single one of them and they're all broken. Not talking about bugs, but the gameplay. Skyrim released in 2011 and the gameplay was already outdated, like what the ****? Third person is AWFUL and the first person sucks, all of that because of the aim. At least people have tried to improve it with mods like True Directional Movement.

Sony would be on a fools' errand if they try that TBF, Squeenix is at its lowest point yet with the NFT bullshit that will most likely attract some serious law enforcement attention as NFTs keep collapsing left and right. Sony most likely would want to avoid that PR mess.
That is a big issue. Same time they might wait until that crashes and burns for a perceived lower value.

They're not the best digital platform.
Weird take to make considering just how much Steam is ahead of the curve. Certainly puts trash like EA App and Ubisoft Store to shame, now that everyone's caved in and moved away from Epic's bullshit consolidation tactics or even better, the typical trash AAA publisher's attempt to have their own digital store. ahem Microsoft ahem Bethesda ahem ActiBlizz ahem

That is a big issue. Same time they might wait until that crashes and burns for a perceived lower value.
Law enforcement sticking its noses in is straight up not what you want in exchange for a lower value. Better to just let it crash and burn completely to the point of filing for bankruptcy and liquidation.

In an alternate universe, there is something completely different to video games, something equivalent/alternative to them but completely different. (video games don’t exist in this universe)

what would it be?

Law enforcement sticking its noses in is straight up not what you want in exchange for a lower value. Better to just let it crash and burn completely to the point of filing for bankruptcy and liquidation.
They could also do that, Its just rough to say. They probably would've jumped the gun sooner had the ActiBlizz deal not come up.

Weird take to make considering just how much Steam is ahead of the curve. Certainly puts trash like EA App and Ubisoft Store to shame, now that everyone's caved in and moved away from Epic's bullshit consolidation tactics or even better, the typical trash AAA publisher's attempt to have their own digital store. ahem Microsoft ahem Bethesda ahem ActiBlizz ahem
They're ahead of the curve by those comparisons but most of those I wouldn't have even bothered to make. To clarify, again, they're not bad either.

I say this as someone who was introduced to Megami Tensei through Joker's inclusion in Super Smash Bros: Persona 5 is grossly overrated and, outside of a handful of characters and story arcs, has some of the worst writing in the entire series.

Back