• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Preservation of Video Games

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
I am very passionate about video games and believe that they should be preserved. Currently games are trending towards online services which constantly require online connections. I believe this is a bad practice as when the companies eventually decided to pull the plug on the servers, it is no longer playable.

I'm of the opinion that when you buy a game, you should own it for as long as you want. This is doubly so when you've spent money on Microtransactions and DLC.

This petition is to get governments to force these companies to install an patch that gives people offline functionality.

The most recent game to fall victim is The Crew, an open world racing game, made by Ubisoft whose servers has recently been shut down with no offline functionality.

The FAQ on the website probably explains the issue a lot better than I can, plus it gets into a lot more detail.

If you want to get your local government to force these companies to install end of life patches to these you can go to the site here. You can choose to spread awareness, sign a petition to your local government, or if you own the Crew, you can make a separate petition.

Back