• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Animation Hot Takes

Or maybe not everyone has the time and patience to sit through over five 20-minute episodes just so a show can get good.
That doesn't make a show any worse, it just makes you impatient. No problem with that but you can't make this statement
If a show takes 5 ******* episodes to get "good", then it's probably isn't as good as you, and others think it is.
just because you have the attention span of a goldfish cracker.

That doesn't make a show any worse. That just makes you impatient. No problem with that because you can't make this statement
Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn't. Besides, you need to make a first impression with your audience if you want to keep them engaged. If you can't do that for 5 episodes, then you shouldn't really blame the fans for not tuning in.

just because you have the attention span of a goldfish cracker.
Read what I said above.

Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn't. Besides, you need to make a first impression with your audience if you want to keep them engaged. If you can't do that for 5 episodes, then you shouldn't really blame the fans for not tuning in.

Read what I said above.
Never said someone should blame fans for not tuning in. Just know that being impatient doesn't make the show worse, it's that simple tbh.

Never said someone should blame fans for not tuning in. Just know that being impatient doesn't make the show worse, it's that simple tbh.
I mean, if your friend is hyping it up as a masterpiece, but it takes 5 episodes to get good, then is it really a masterpiece?

People hyping up shows can lessen your enjoyment of said show depending on how disappointed you are after watching it.

I think this is just a simple agree to disagree.

I mean, if your friend is hyping it up as a masterpiece, but it takes 5 episodes to get good, then is it really a masterpiece?
I'm not even gonna say nothing to this one, I'mma just sit and let you think about why that might be a dumb statement.
People hyping up shows can lessen your enjoyment of said show depending on how disappointed you are after watching it.
This literally has
1. Nothing to do with your point.
2. No bearing on the quality of the show.

I'm not even gonna say nothing to this one, I'mma just sit and let you think about why that might be a dumb statement.
I'm standing on what I said. A masterpiece doesn't take a few episodes to get good.

This literally has
1. Nothing to do with your point.
Yes it does? What are you trying to get at here? And if you're referring to this:

Mfs who say "iT gETs BeTTeR aFTeR a FeW ePIsOdES!" whenever they recommend some show to someone.

If a show takes 5 ******* episodes to get "good", then it's probably isn't as good as you, and others think it is.
My point still stands, especially if the show does get "good", but it's not as good as your friends or people online were hyping it up to be.

2. No bearing on the quality of the show.
The quality of a show is mostly subjective, so if someone hypes up a show a ton, and you end up watching and you're disappointed, that could end up ruining your experience with said show.

You can't really blame someone for calling a show overrated if a show takes 5+ episodes to get good, and when it gets good, it's not as good as people make it out to be.

I'm standing on what I said. A masterpiece doesn't take a few episodes to get good.

Yes it does? What are you trying to get at here? And if you're referring to this:

My point still stands, especially if the show does get "good", but it's not as good as your friends or people online were hyping it up to be.

The quality of a show is mostly subjective, so if someone hypes up a show a ton, and you end up watching and you're disappointed, that could end up ruining your experience with said show.

You can't really blame someone for calling a show overrated if a show takes 5+ episodes to get good, and when it gets good, it's not as good as people make it out to be.
This is just not true at all. I'm sorry but that specific statement just makes no sense.

How does people hyping the show and it not being as good you thought it would be connect to the show taking time to build up to it's good parts?

That's not what you said at first???

This once again has nothing to do with your original point.

You're literally just straying from what you said before.

This is just not true at all. I'm sorry but that specific statement just makes no sense.
A masterpiece, at least in my opinion, is something that's perfect, or at least almost perfect. I'll elaborate more on this.

How does people hyping the show and it not being as good you thought it would be connect to the show taking time to build up to it's good parts?
1. Person hypes up this show, calling it a masterpiece, and recommends it to you.
2. When you watch the show, it takes a few episodes for it to get good.
3. When it gets "good", it's not as good as the person, or people who support the show made it out to be.
4. Your enjoyment of the show decreases, as not only did the show take a while to find its stride, when it eventually did find its stride, it wasn't as good as people were making it out to be.

You see how it connects?

That's not what you said at first???
It correlates to what I said.

You're literally just straying from what you said before.
1. Person hypes up this show, calling it a masterpiece, and recommends it to you.
3. When it gets "good", it's not as good as the person, or people who support the show made it out to be.
4. Your enjoyment of the show decreases, as not only did the show take a while to find its stride, when it eventually did find its stride, it wasn't as good as people were making it out to be.

You see how it connects?
I'm making arguments that correlate to each other, not straying from what I was saying before.

A masterpiece, at least in my opinion, is something that's perfect, or at least almost perfect. I'll elaborate more on this.

You see how it connects?

It correlates to what I said.

I'm making arguments that correlate to each other, not straying from what I was saying before.
Well that’s not the definition. Also nothing’s perfect.

Wasn’t what you originally said.

It doesn’t connect because that wasn’t your original point…

No it doesn’t smh.

You are making entirely new points unrelated to your original message.

Wasn’t what you originally said.
What I originally said was this:

Mfs who say "iT gETs BeTTeR aFTeR a FeW ePIsOdES!" whenever they recommend some show to someone.

I then made new arguments that correlate to what I said, which is related to what I originally said. It's basically a cycle. What don't you understand about that?

What I originally said was this:

I then made new arguments that correlate to what I said, which is related to what I originally said. It's basically a cycle. What don't you understand about that?
There isn't anything to add. You made new arguments. Honestly, I don't care enough to continue this. You win ig

If you think having 5 bad episodes can prevent even the best shows from being a 9/10 then I can't help you.
I also said that if the show got "good", but it wasn't as good as people made it out to be, then it's not a 9/10.

There isn't anything to add. You made new arguments. Honestly, I don't care enough to continue this. You win ig
I didn't "win" shit lol.

Wish I would’ve responded to this sooner! Haven’t read through everything so please don’t crucify me if this has already be discussed or disagree with me. Alright here’s all my hot takes:

-SpongeBob seasons 1-4 is peak cartoon however despite their being a few gems of episodes here and there, the rest absolute garbage. It should’ve ended after the first movie like the creator of SB intended. (Gary Come Home can still stay tho as it’s one of my favorite SB episodes lol)

-Steven Universe has consistently amazing set ups and potential and either hits the mark or completely misses. All this to say, it’s a decent show.

-Fairly Odd Parents is a comedic masterpiece although similarly to SpongeBob, it suffers from running to long syndrome and the last season can die in a hole lol.

-Regular Show is really good but it gets old at times for me with Mordecai’s relationships consistently having the same issues over and over again taking a few seasons to actually make some form of growth for him, Mordecai and Rigby doing similar things every episode, and the jokes getting old at times when overused. I wish we would’ve focused on characters such as Benson, Skips, Pops, etc more to actually build everyone up a bit more before the finale.

-Adventure Time became boring after season 7 -ish for me and skimmed through a bunch of episodes before the finale. The Finn and Jake episode in the HBO Max series is peak though.

-Gumball is simultaneously varies from episode to episode to being both a masterpiece in comedy and meta references to being extremely bland from time to time.

-TTG while not at all near being a great show, is underrated in some ways and aspects

-My Life As A Teenage Robot is peak cartoon and was done dirty by Nickelodeon for not having more episodes.

-Rick and Morty (despite being a hard show to talk about especially in light of recent events) is a C+ to B- tier show. It can have legendary moments but be the worst thing you’ve seen on screen at the same time.

-BoJack Horseman, while having a flaws near the end of it’s run, is a masterpiece of a show

-Although I ironically like some shows for the lols, I actually think some bits of The Super Mario Show is pretty funny.

-Wayside School is a cartoon from my childhood that for some reason lives rent free in my head and revisiting it after all these years, it’s actually fairly funny at some places despite having flaws. Even reaching the comedic levels of Fairly Odd Parents in some cases, look it up and give a few moments a watch.

I have a ton of more opinions both series and movies but this is all I could randomly think of off the top of my head and motivated to do as of now. Next time I make a post here, I’ll give an essay long post of opinions lmao.

-SpongeBob seasons 1-4 is peak cartoon however despite their being a few gems of episodes here and there, the rest absolute garbage. It should’ve ended after the first movie like the creator of SB intended. (Gary Come Home can still stay tho as it’s one of my favorite SB episodes lol)
About time someone gives season 4 of Spongebob the respect it deserves!

-Steven Universe has consistently amazing set ups and potential and either hits the mark or completely misses. All this to say, it’s a decent show.
This is pretty much what I think of the show. It did some great things (mainly during seasons 1-3 of the show), but it did some really, really bad things (mostly everything post season 3 other than the movie lol).

-Fairly Odd Parents is a comedic masterpiece although similarly to SpongeBob, it suffers from running to long syndrome and the last season can die in a hole lol.
In its first six seasons, it definitely was. It's a shame the downward spiral the show suffered from after.

-Regular Show is really good but it gets old at times for me with Mordecai’s relationships consistently having the same issues over and over again taking a few seasons to actually make some form of growth for him, Mordecai and Rigby doing similar things every episode, and the jokes getting old at times when overused. I wish we would’ve focused on characters such as Benson, Skips, Pops, etc more to actually build everyone up a bit more before the finale.
Agreed.

-Adventure Time became boring after season 7 -ish for me and skimmed through a bunch of episodes before the finale. The Finn and Jake episode in the HBO Max series is peak though.
There are definitely stuff in Adventure Time that has me bored. Still a good show.

-Gumball is simultaneously varies from episode to episode to being both a masterpiece in comedy and meta references to being extremely bland from time to time.
In its later seasons, I agree.

-TTG while not at all near being a great show, is underrated in some ways and aspects
For sure. I will defend the TTG movie with all of my might. It had some hilarious jokes. The show itself is pretty mid, though.

-My Life As A Teenage Robot is peak cartoon and was done dirty by Nickelodeon for not having more episodes.
Anyone who disagrees with this is a troglodyte. Based take.

-Rick and Morty (despite being a hard show to talk about especially in light of recent events) is a C+ to B- tier show. It can have legendary moments but be the worst thing you’ve seen on screen at the same time.
Another based take. I dropped that show a little while back. I just lost so much interest.

-BoJack Horseman, while having a flaws near the end of it’s run, is a masterpiece of a show
Haven't watched the show yet lol.

-Although I ironically like some shows for the lols, I actually think some bits of The Super Mario Show is pretty funny.
No opinion.

-Wayside School is a cartoon from my childhood that for some reason lives rent free in my head and revisiting it after all these years, it’s actually fairly funny at some places despite having flaws. Even reaching the comedic levels of Fairly Odd Parents in some cases, look it up and give a few moments a watch.
The show just doesn't look interesting imo.

About time someone gives season 4 of Spongebob the respect it deserves!
Don’t know why season 4 is shafted so hard, it has episodes that are as good as seasons 1-3.
This is pretty much what I think of the show. It did some great things (mainly during seasons 1-3 of the show), but it did some really, really bad things (mostly everything post season 3 other than the movie lol).
Couldn’t have said it better myself. It was going really strong until that point but then they’d have stuff like the atrocious diamond redemption arc…. One of the worst flops in CN history considering how things were setting up for this imo. I can agree the movie was pretty good tho.

In its first six seasons, it definitely was. It's a shame the downward spiral the show suffered from after.
Yeah it’s really unfortunate that it spiraled into something that was pretty bad lol. Won’t ever forget the amazing tv specials that FOP put out in their prime.

There are definitely stuff in Adventure Time that has me bored. Still a good show.
Definitely agree it’s a good show but it can get REALLY boring and it seems to drag as the series goes on
In its later seasons, I agree.
Fair. For me, there’s not a specific season that is better than the other considering the quality of each episode is sort of inconsistent for me. I will say that I prefer some of the mid series and newer episodes if I had to nitpick episodes.

For sure. I will defend the TTG movie with all of my might. It had some hilarious jokes. The show itself is pretty mid, though.
The movie is extremely based and actually pretty funny. My Super Hero Movie will forever live rent free in my head for memes as well lol.

Anyone who disagrees with this is a troglodyte. Based take.
REALLY want this show to come back as good as it was but I’m afraid it might get reboot syndrome and lose its charm if it ever did.

Another based take. I dropped that show a little while back. I just lost so much interest.
I definitely see why you did. The only thing out of season 5 that I genuinely enjoyed was the season finale. Everything else was disappointing for me and contained some of the worst episodes of the show. Haven’t even watched season 6 besides episode 1.

Haven't watched the show yet lol.
I would definitely give it a watch. It carries some dark and mature themes and manages them very well, although it does have flaws.
No opinion.
That’s fair lol.

The show just doesn't look interesting imo.
Fair and it’s not the most interesting concept for a show out there. It mainly succeeds in being a goofy show with a ton of slice of life moments. Plus it may have a nostalgic vibe to it that is making me be more biased towards it idk lol. I do find some of the humor and ideas gold tho.

Back