• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VERY Minor Pokemon Resistance/Hax Upgrade

Since it's only one thing, I'm gonna cut to the chase here. And yes this is based off of the Gotenks/Buu Vice Shout revision but only because it gave me the idea of requesting this.

Now on Shedninja/Ninjask's page, it says this:

Ninjask stg
And the evidence of them doing that is in this episode - https://youtu.be/hzEaxY4Go24?t=4m47s

All of this shows that fodder Shedninja and Ninjask were able to forcefully force their way into the Togepi's dimension by ripping a hole in space-time with power by itself. Definitely not trying to copy what happened before with Gotenks, but if Vice Shout scaling could be accepted for DB, then maybe this can be accepted for Pokemon as well.

Who it would scale to? Do not know, but from what I can guess maybe a lot of Pokemon.

Again, please do not misunderstand. Not trying to copy off of the Vice Shout stuff that happened before in any way, it just gave me an idea via remembering what Shedninja did. That is all. If this isn't accepted (and I have doubts it would anyway), no qualms.

Are we going to give everyone in DBZ Space-time manip via a one feat shown by one character and apply it to everyone even without feat? W o n d e r f u l

Adding this on any other Pokémon scaling from Ninjask isn't gonna work out at all.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Are we going to give everyone in DBZ Space-time manip via a one feat shown by one character and apply it to everyone even without feat? W o n d e r f u l
Adding this on any other Pokémon scaling from Ninjask isn't gonna work out at all.
What the actual f-?

Where's the DBZ thread. No way in hell that should be accepted. I bet people are trying to sneak it past staff.

Just like I said in the DB thread only the characters who have displayed some form of the ability should get it, no powerscaling shenanigans.

Maybe, and I can agree to that but if everyone in DB is able to get it based on what I read from the thread, then the same should happen for Pokemon so double standards aren't a thing.

Unless it gets debunked anyways.

What's the issue here? They only did some Space &/or Time Manipulation, allowing them to travel to another dimension, didn't they? It's just some hax, right? Would it change any tiers?

As for who should have it.... Shedinja, Ninjask, and MAYBE Nincada? Shedinja & Ninjask showed it, so it seems fine for them to have it if they don't already.

Of course, other Pokemon that didn't demonstrate this ability shouldn't be assumed to have it, IMHO.

If it was stated in the show that they did it with raw power alone, then yes, anyone having greater power should be able to do it.

If it was not stated to be done with raw power of the attack, then I disagree because different pokemons have different types of attacks and abilities. For example, Charmender can heat things up but even if Onix has greater power, he can't.

When Onix can learn Sunny Day via TM OvO

In all seriousness I don't see how that example actually has a connection to this. Charmander heats things up because it heats things up as a natural ability, not with raw power. So ofc Onix wouldn't just suddenly be able to do that too

No, obviously Charmender and Onix have nothing to do with it. That was just an example to back up my claim that every pokemon has different abilites.

But there is one thing common in all I guess, and that is raw power.

So if there is a mention of raw power in that feat, then it should scale to anyone having that much threshold power.

If there is no mention of raw power, then it doesn't scale.

Yeah but ninjask can actually completely break trick room ingen 5 via raw speed , and trick is distoreted dimensions my Man.

Definitly not a glitch .

Yes but the issue with that is because both pokemon are of different types, and one naturally uses fire on a daily basis because of being that type. Opening a hole in space-time isnt defined by something like that.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Yeah but ninjask can actually completely break trick room ingen 5 via raw speed , and trick is distoreted dimensions my Man.
Funny this is mentioned because in XY Ash's Hawlucha actually forcefully destroys an opponent pokemons trick room OvO

The Vice Shout thing was explicitly stated to be related to a strength threshold. It's not a specific ability of Buu and Gotenks at all, and thus everyone stronger than them should gain it. That's why it was accepted.

This seems like a specific ability of Ninjask, though.

We clearly see the Ninjask and Shedninja rip open the hole in space-time with actual attacks, not specific abilities.

I'm fairly certain that points well into using raw power than a hax. Unless we're saying Solar Beam and Hyper Beam aren't pure powered attacks.

I watched the video, and I don't think anything related to it being raw power is mentioned in it.

Furthermore, its outright shown Shedninja needed a bit of assistance from the other 2 Ninjask to open the space-time fabric.

If opening the portal to the Togepi dimension was only a matter of hax ability, instead of raw attack power, then Shedninja wouldn't have needed assistance in opening the hole at all.

It's no different than Gotenks and Piccolo needing to team up their vice shouts to open the hole in the HTC.

When did Gotenks and Piccolo team up to open the hole in the RoSaT? Piccolo clearly stated that their voices wouldn't even open a needle-sized hole when combined.

Gotenks then turns into a SSj3 and casually blows a hole through the RoSaT.

If that's the case, i agree with this, since i agreed with the vice shout.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Do ta mean the togepi episode , wasn't that dye to a special event going on at the time there or not ? am I wrong . ?
I don't believe so, iirc Togepi is able to access the Togepi paradise at any time so the portal between the worlds should just be a normal one.

Kepekley23 said:
When did Gotenks and Piccolo team up to open the hole in the RoSaT? Piccolo clearly stated that their voices wouldn't even open a needle-sized hole when combined.

Gotenks then turns into a SSj3 and casually blows a hole through the RoSaT.
My bad, attempt anyway. Before turning SSJ3 they were joining their power together to try and open the portal, justifiying the attempt.

@Kukui It would've been better if there was a confirmation that it was due to raw power.

Right now I can claim that it was due to raw power but the next guy to me can also claim that it was a special effect only caused by the combination of their attacks and scales to no one else. And all of that because of no confirmation which leaves the feat open to interpretation.

I want to keep this thread on topic and don't want to derail it, but since your reasoning of making this thread is related to something which is not related to Pokemon, I will say one thing:

The difference between this feat and the other one which you compared it with is:

- There was a decisive, undeniable evidence/proof/statement and hence there was no need to make any assumptions for Gotenks and Buu's feat.

- There is no decisive, undeniable evidence/proof/statement in this case and hence we need to make an assumptio here.

So definitely not the same case. It would be best if you remove the DBZ analogy from the OP and keep it Pokemon only.

Um, no. That's not how this works. A beam of energy doesn't have a hax affect and Solar/Hyper Beams are definitely not haxes. They're literally Beams of pure energy from the user. And like I already said, if it was a hax affect at all Shedninja wouldn't have needed some assistance from the other 2 Ninjasks to open the space-time portal. It's no different than Gotenks and Piccolo attempting to open a hole in the HTC by combining their power. The fact Shedninja needed assistance already shows its power alone wasn't enough.

This is even evident by the fact that the trainer had Shedninja first attack the portal alone and it didn't work. Afterward, he said this: "Just as I thought...Ninjask! Shedninja! Aim your attacks at one point only! Break the fabric of Space and Time!"

@J-Man

I watched the episodes just now and nothing confirms or implies the 2 worlds only connect on a special occurrence or anything. They have a regular balance between each other and the trainer of the Shedninja and Ninjask just, well, kinda go right into ripping the portal open immediately.

I watched the 2 part special. However only the dub is available to me as idk where to find the subbed versions of the Hoenn anime sadly.

Since the Vice Shout stuff was agreed to be portal creation and will be added to quite a lot of DB characters, should the same also happen here for Pokemon via Shedninja?

I thought that if Ninjask could do it via sheer force anyone alse comparable or superior could do it, Dusknoir in Sky made a portal to drag Grovyle if i recall, but i do remember that the Pokémon trapped in a dimension like Deoxys could not escape from it.

Back