• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Varied 5C/5B to 4B" for the Sentry (Marvel).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, though I don't know a proper explanation for the 5-A key.
Here are some of my suggestions:

1. Sentry was hurt by Jim Hammond (Avengers/Invaders)
2. Sentry was somewhat hurt by Black Bolt's sonic scream (Silent Wars)
3. Sentry overpowered the hulk when they first met (Sentry/Hulk #1)
4. Overpowered the Thing (Mighty Avengers Vol.2 and Fallen Sun #1)
5. Overpowered Doctor Doom (Mighty Avengers Vol.2)
6. His fight against Thor during Agents of Wakanda #2
7. Sentry vs Red Hulk
8. Him vs Ares

These are the only ones I can think of atm.

So, something like, "Varies: 5A when at his weakest - beat Doctor Doom/Thing, 4B at his highest - beat Thor and Avengers."

Okay, it might sound a bit weird, but is it possible to avoid using stable and unstable in this tier list? Because stable void and sentry appeared only twice in Sentry Vol.2 and Loki Sorcerer Supreme (this one is kind of confusing but should go with stable to be safe). In their stable version, they are said to be more powerful, but sadly they lack any solid feats besides beating Hulk and Strange/Loki.

So we go from this
Solar System level (Repeatedly stated to have the power of a million exploding suns. Possesses planet-busting power even when shrunk to subatomic size. He provided half the force that halted the Celestial Exitar, who was much larger than the Earth and couldn't be stopped by Rogue who had the power of almost all the superheroes, and he has outmatched Thor and Terrax in physical struggles. His energy blasts can easily knock out Thor. After his three personalities merged together, his power increased to the point that he snapped Scout's neck, who became the new Sentry and was overpowering him before this)
to this
Varies due to his powers relying on his mental condition. Large Planet level (Easily overpowered She-Hulk, has easily overpowered The Thing multiple times, has matched Ares), Solar System level at his strongest (Current rating)

Last edited:
I edited the page, but I'd like someone to check and make sure all the edits were done correctly.

I'd also like to change the pages that say "World War Hulk" to either "Green Scar Hulk" or "The Green Scar".

King Hyperion, Blue Marvel and Anti-Man, who seems to scaled off the Sentry still hasn't been updated.

Hyperion should upscale off Hyperion 712 (who should be around 5A) and the other two needs their justification changed or the rating. Because the Sentry they fought was not 4B

I know jack about those 3, but from what little I heard about Blue isn't he also 4-B?

He is, but we might have to give a similar 5-A while holding back rating to him.

Hyperion is a genocidal villain and Anti-Man is even more powerful than The Sentry though.

I'm really unfamiliar with these characters and their scaling so I don't think I can offer input.

Blue Marvel's 4b rating comes mostly from Sentry, which I have mentioned that he was weakened because of all the anti matter in the air. Same case with anti man.

Can't remember the Ultimates so not sure what feats they got there, but even if the 4b stays, change the justification

I thought that Blue Marvel is supposed to be almost as powerful as the Sentry when the latter actually tries.

Has it been stated that the Sentry weakens from Anti-Matter when fighting Anti-Man?

In Sentry Vol 2 it was established that it messes up his mind and powers thus making him weaker. And in the fourth issue, it was said that the whole city or planet is covered in the anti matter radiation, which is a direct weakness of the sentry.

Anti man beat the Sentry and Avengers, then so did Blue Marvel, then they stalemated after a third go.

Okay then.

What do the rest of you think?

Looking over all the information involved here, I do agree that we can't scale Blue Marvel or Anti-Man to Sentry. Their very powers weaken him. However, we can scale them to the other Avengers who were there. Anti-Man was capable of fighting and defeating a team of Avengers who included Ares, Wonder Man and Sensational She-Hulk. That's 3 5-A characters and both them can defeat said team all at once. Blue Marvel can fight Anti-Man one-on-one (he's done so in the past and did so when he reappeared) plus he has Namor's statement that he hits as hard as Thor and Hulk.

Now that leaves King Hyperion who takes his scaling from nearly defeating Blue Marvel. But he also has a feat from utterly owning Juggernaut while in the Thunderbolts. Now Juggs was probably around 5-A level due to the fact Cyttorak was probably not happy with being with a bunch anti-heroes doing good. Based upon everything this is how I can see their scaling:

Anti-Man: At least 5-A (Easily defeated a team of Avengers consisting of Ares, Wonder Man, She-Hulk). I'm not counting Iron Man because he's too weak to affect this scaling and Sentry is weakened due to Anti-Matter.

Blue Marvel: At least 5-A (Able to fight Anti-Man and is said by Namor to be hit as hard than Hulk and Thor). BM's justification is based off the fact that when all is said and done, he was the only one able to actually put any kind of a dent into Anti-Man during the confrontation by himself. In addition, Namor's statement is valid. He's fought both character before and Hulk, numerous times. As for why I'm not counting him fighting the Avengers, it's because he really wasn't trying to. He took some blows as he defended himself, trying to make them listen. His biggest fight was with Sentry and we've already gone over why we can't use that.

King Hyperion: At least 5-A (Somewhat superior to Blue Marvel and capable of beating down Juggernaut). King Hyperion would have won his fight with Blue Marvel if he hadn't let up and he handled Juggernaut pretty easily when they were both with the Thunderbolts.

Simply put, all three of these character are stronger than the typical 5-As running around Marvel but don't have the accolades to push them into 4-B, IMHO.

He also mentioned that he killed the cosmic entities there like Galactus, but we don't know how exactly or how powerful they were.

Speaking of Hyperions, the profiles have some broken links and might be missing a few abilities, so I gotta fix those one of these days.

Edit: actually, I might gather all the right scans for Supreme Power and 712 Hype. And then someone can make a page for it if they can

No problem, Hyperion is another favourite of mine, so I am glad to be of help.

I have a made a blog where I compile all of his feats (and anti-feats). So, far I have finished the first version, will do the rest later this week.

Blue Marvel: At least 5-A (Able to fight Anti-Man and is said by Namor to be hit as hard than Hulk and Thor). BM's justification is based off the fact that when all is said and done, he was the only one able to actually put any kind of a dent into Anti-Man during the confrontation by himself. In addition, Namor's statement is valid. He's fought both character before and Hulk, numerous times. As for why I'm not counting him fighting the Avengers, it's because he really wasn't trying to. He took some blows as he defended himself, trying to make them listen. His biggest fight was with Sentry and we've already gone over why we can't use that.
He's also said in Doctor Doom (2019) #2 to match Doom in strength, "especially since" Doom was without his armor, implying he's comparable to different degrees to Doom both with and without his armor, the latter being 9-A without it but able to shoot 5-A magic. By the end of the series Doom got damaged by some ~tier 5 explosion, so that's that.

I like the Varies on Sentry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back