• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So should we let Confluctor apply his suggested revisions for the moment, in lack of better options, and then work on adjusting the details?
Yeah that's fine.
I think that this can be applied, in lack of better options, but would appreciate further community input regarding the specifics about which characters that should scale to what.

What is left to discuss here? This thread is already getting too long.
I think that this can be applied, in lack of better options, but would appreciate further community input regarding the specifics about which characters that should scale to what.
Aren't those the 3-C reviews that were done a while ago?

I think what remains to be discussed is the 5-B scale.
@C2_of_Omegon @Eficiente @Qawsedf234 @Sandman31 @SuperAPM @Firestorm808 @EmperorRorepme @LuciferDC099 @Ehnkr2beboh @Deagonx @Elizio33 @LordTracer @MarvelFanatic119 @catzlaflame @Armorchompy @The_Impress

Your further help would be very appreciated here regarding which characters that should scale to Gilgamesh/5-B (or the Avengers Hyperion/5-A) instead of Thor and the Silver Surfer/3-C.

Ok, after going through the thread, I think this is what is left to discuss.
5-B scaling chain from Gilgamesh, which will tie into Hyperion's 5-B (he will be the upper end of the chain). This could potentially effect the following;
  1. Gilgamesh
  2. Ikaris
  3. Thena
  4. Sersi
  5. Blue Marvel
  6. Carol
  7. America Chavez
  8. Anti man
  9. King Hyperion - upscales from BM
  10. Hyperion (avengers) (he can upscale from this value and also scale to his own 5-B feat)
  11. Hyperion (squadron Supreme) - scales directly to Ikaris, if not above him. And has been a pain in the ass for non-4-B Thor.
  12. Hyperion (squadron sinister) - due to being a pain in the ass for non-4-B Thor.
I would also like for wonder man to be part of it, but I will wait and see what you guys think

Another thing if Hyperion (Avengers) is High 6-C and 3-C at peak, the 5-A feat shouldn't be mentioned because it's in the middle, like Thor's multiple 5-B/5-A feats

Unrelated to 5-B scaling, but based on his justifications, I feel like Godzilla's Original Size key should warrant 3-C and not High 6-C

The justification aren't good tho. Looking through that arc again, that wasn't a high 6c Hulk as far as I can see.

And while he does hold back a lot, there aren't many feats of him. Like upscaling from Namor could work - although from what I can remember, Namor wasn't doing anything. Or scale him Thundra - where they two sparred, albeit not seriously.

Or just calc his tier 7 feat. His lowest and his highest would make more sense ¯\(ツ)

Edit; I just reread his fight against Thundra, and she did literally nothing to him. And Hyperion wasn't even fighting.

He was making the point that Thanos and the original Squadron Supreme Hyperion have been retconned into being members of the Eternals.

Another thing if Hyperion (Avengers) is High 6-C and 3-C at peak, the 5-A feat shouldn't be mentioned because it's in the middle, like Thor's multiple 5-B/5-A feats
This seems like a sensible point in any case.

Well, let's try to return to the relevant discussion here please.

Wonder Man honestly, likely holds back too considering he's huge on pacifism, I don't vibe with scaling folks to him nilly willy either if I'm honest.
So yeah if anyone wants this thread to progress, I'd want a reliable source to confirm whether Wonder Man scaling works or not
@C2_of_Omegon @Eficiente @Qawsedf234 @SuperAPM @Firestorm808 @EmperorRorepme @Ehnkr2beboh @Elizio33 @LordTracer @Confluctor @MarvelFanatic119 @catzlaflame @Armorchompy

Your help would be appreciated here.

Thank you. Would somebody here be willing to handle that please?

I handled Captain America's page:

Wonder Man honestly, likely holds back too considering he's huge on pacifism
Don't really care what happens, but just wanted to say, Wonder Man wasn't always a pacifist - or anything close to what he is today - back then. In the 80s, and especially 90s, he would go proper ape shit sometimes. It wasn't until him going mad in that 2011 annual that he changed his mindset and became a proper pacifist.

Been a while since I read, but I think he died again around 2011 - 2013 and then after he resurrected, he changed his views on violence. Before that, not so much.

He does hold back, yes, but no on Thor or surfer level.

But ultimately, I don't really mind him not scaling to tier 5 stuff, honestly I don't think anyone should scale to Gilgamesh's 5B.

Isn't a solid 3-C durability feat for Doom him casually tanking a beatdown from a Hulk Robot given some Power Cosmic by Galactus himself?

Don't really care what happens, but just wanted to say, Wonder Man wasn't always a pacifist - or anything close to what he is today - back then. In the 80s, and especially 90s, he would go proper ape shit sometimes. It wasn't until him going mad in that 2011 annual that he changed his mindset and became a proper pacifist.
"Going ape" means an OOC moment though, not talking about that :v
He does hold back, yes, but no on Thor or surfer level.
Sounds like an arbitrary distinction
Isn't a solid 3-C durability feat for Doom him casually tanking a beatdown from a Hulk Robot given some Power Cosmic by Galactus himself?
Cosmic Hulk isn't 3-C, he's like, High 6-C/5-B.

Wonder Man effortlessly took down the Red Hulk and has withstood a prolonged beating from the Devil Hulk. I think that he is likely considerably higher than tier 6 at his peak.

Yes, that's his newer incarnation. The red Hulk one came from 2011/2012 era where he stopped holding back, and iirc, red Hulk wasn't at his 3-C level.

As for his newest/current incarnation, that only scales to his durability. He doesn't fight so hard to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back