• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Sentry tries to rip apart a different Ares

Mind Hax resistance is tier 1 level
Yup
Soul hax resistance is at least 2a level.
Because of the Celestial thing?

IIRC that was a dead Celestial, so not sure about the validity of that.
Technically it should be way higher, but I doubt the wiki will accept that scaling for celestials and Norse afterlife. (Despite being quite apparent)
I mean, the Celestials are gonna be High 1-B soon.

Not sure what's up with the Norse Afterlife you're talking about...

Because of the Celestial thing?
Yes
IIRC that was a dead Celestial, so not sure about the validity of that.
Doesn't matter. he was one of the strongest celestials. On top of that, he is literally the afterlife plane itself around that time
I mean, the Celestials are gonna be High 1-B soon.
******* finally. Hopefully for the true forms ofc
Not sure what's up with the Norse Afterlife you're talking about...
Wym?

Yes

Doesn't matter. he was one of the strongest celestials. On top of that, he is literally the afterlife plane itself around that time
Ok then.
******* finally. Hopefully for the true forms ofc
For their base/universal forms, yes.

All the abstracts are getting massive upgrades.

Here is the new profile for the Celestials once the upgrades end: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Ultima_Reality/Celestials
Mind Hax resistance is tier 1 level

Soul hax resistance is at least 2a level. Technically it should be way higher, but I doubt the wiki will accept that scaling for celestials and Norse afterlife. (Despite being quite apparent)

Last edited:
Seems like it damages the soul and mind mostly (???) and Sentry's resistance scaling is way higher than 2c level.
Soul, mind and personal concept are destroyed by soul-destroying magic in God of War. And scaling on the same dimensionality no longer follows the size of the affected area for personal based hax like mind, soul, etc. It's just 4-D with varying layers to it.
The path stuff seems busted. But idk what that implies. Fate Hax?
It's basically what decides where you go after you die (In the Norse land's case, either The Light, Hel or Valhalla). Without it, someone who was initially brought back to life once died and basically ceased to exist.
He doesn't.

Last time someone tried absorbing the sentry, that ************ just blew up and died. Mind you he has absorbed some stuff from marvel gods before. So...

Few years after, it was revealed Rogue's absorption didn't work on him. Absorbing man's absorption is definitely better but still.

I can't remember if he ever fought a power null character. Ig it's time for my yearly sentry reread
Ares can basically take away his opponents powers and use them for himself. This worked on Kratos, who already resisted having his powers and magic nullified.

His mind-hax is Tier 1 rn? Then that's an issue. How quickly does he pull it out?
Marvel mind-hax chainscales to Doctor Strange, who mind-haxxed Umar, a Low 1-C being with HDE.

Sentry even resisted Doctor Strange despite his mind fighting himself from the looks of the scan.

Didn't work out for the last person who took it. Super adaptoid. Mindhax goes brr
Of course Marvel's Amazo ripoff

How good Is Super Adaptoid Power Absorption?

Cuz Ares' shit is layered, and with Powernull, he has numerous ways to neg Sentry's powers.

Applying the Lightning of Zeus to his weapons and literally any random ass basic hit will powernull. Zeus' Fury and Army of Hades are the most powerful in this field

His mind-hax is Tier 1 rn? Then that's an issue. How quickly does he pull it out?
Should be instantaneous in this key. Not in a passive manner, mind you. But pretty much instantenous.

Btw it's not just mind Hax, it's also madness Hax. Which has the same level of dimensionality due to mechanism

Pretty sure it's due to getting power vore'd, not him actively using it from what I've gotten
He only used it against being power vored. But voids first attacks are regularly mind and emotion based.

Of course Marvel's Amazo ripoff

How good Is Super Adaptoid Power Absorption?
Really good is all I can say lol. But it's the practice of what happens when powers gets copied that matters

Sentry and void come in a package. I recommend sentry vol.2 8 for more info
Applying the Lightning of Zeus to his weapons and literally any random ass basic hit will powernull. Zeus' Fury and Army of Hades are the most powerful in this field
How does power null works? What part of it actually gets nulled? All powers completely or the abilities?

If former, I think you need to remember he is fighting a manifestation and not the real holder of the power. True holder of the power is nowhere to be seen.

How does power null works? What part of it actually gets nulled? All powers completely or the abilities?
Lightning of Zeus prevents one from accessing powers, Zeus fury lightning is that on steroids, and Army of Hades Is a wave of souls that strip all your powers away, this happened to a Kratos who already had a layered Powernull resistance.

Or Ares could just Telekinetically hold you in place, and steal all your shit for himself, which given the LS gap, is always an option

If former, I think you need to remember he is fighting a manifestation and not the real holder of the power. True holder of the power is nowhere to be seen.
Both. Not only does it strip you of the powers you had, it also prevents you from accessing any means possible to use them in the first place, like BEASTHEART880 said. Meaning, if the true holder of the power was giving you stuff, your connection is now cut off and you can no longer access it.

Aren't GoW powers magical or divine in nature? So that's why they are being nullified no?

How would that apply to beings whose power is matter manip and rest is basically a matter of skill?

And just confused about something, so wondering what the site standard for something like this is. he can't really kill Void since Robert can just spawn him again. My understanding of GoW concept destruction is mind and emotion and only conceptual due to verse mechanism. So that wouldn't work here since souls work differently?

Okay so, how good are Sentry's Soul Manip Resistance and Mind Manip Resistance? I assume they're high-end 4D layered too because of Dr. Strange?

In which case, LS is going to be a massive problem, since nobody scales to Thor's Immeasurable feat. He also seems to have no resistance to the other shit like Concept Manip Type 3, Clone generation, Power Mimicry, Absorption, Power Null, and quite a few other things to consider that Sentry can't resist.
I think concept manip and EE is some of the wincons that Ares has depending on how he starts

Ares doesn't have EE tho?

Also from what I'm reading Sentry's resistances are gonna go straight into Tier 2 and Tier 1 territory, plus he might eventually be 2-A (Assuming Ultima finally succeeds and gives us what we deserve), making this entire fight a stomp in favor of Sentry, so...

Also from what I'm reading Sentry's resistances are gonna go straight into Tier 2 and Tier 1 territory, plus he might eventually be 2-A (Assuming Ultima finally succeeds and gives us what we deserve), making this entire fight a stomp in favor of Sentry, so...
Ok, how is Sentry going to be a 2-A?

I genuinely want to know.

oh I thought he did from somewhere, but i see, has ares then regen negged someone whos high(approaching low godlyish, but ill say high)
LMAO oooooooooooof
Sentry should be tier 0 imo

Poseidon's rage which should be EE

But Poseidon's rage is a wincon, as I'm not sure Sentry resists conceptual destruction
sentry has never had to face conceptual destruction, so I would probably say he doesnt resist it, but this is merged Sentry, who also has voids powers and depending on how he fights, he could win before ares gets to use poseidons rage

I'm not sure how relevant this could be, but even dr strange didn't know how to kill off the sentry

Anyway, prolly should stop derailing now and should let staff decide if it should be kept open anymore or so.

Back