• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder Man also managed to fight The Challenger for a prolonged period of time, although he obviously lost.

His strength and durability have also always been roughly comparable as far as I am aware.

So should he get one current powered-up pacifist statistics key and one for his old state in which he was easily defeated by the Squadron Sinister Hyperion, for example?

He needs a key for each resurrection, his grows stronger with it each time. And he went through quite a few of them.

I wouldn't recommend any key changes unless someone to do a proper overhaul of the character. But then again, it's over 800 appearances and stuff so...

Well, maybe we could start with a 1960s-2000s and a 2010-2020s key, in order to simplify things?

If only he was as simple as that. He went through major amps around 80s, but even more so in 90s.

Well, I meant that we could use the sum totality of all his current era and end of previous era feats, or just scale him to his current statistics, in lack of better options.

Scaling him to his current levels or deleting him seems best in that case.

rip wondy, he will be missed. I will save his current stuff in a sandbox in case he is catching death

So how about using the simple solution for Wonder Man by only applying the statistics of his current incarnation then?

Also, what else is currently left to do here?

What about the other herald-level characters? Have all of them been properly updated yet? The scaling has seemed quite incoherent when I checked.

I mean we list all the relevant calcs within the verse page itself, don't think the writeups need severe changing. except minor aesthetic ones ig.

Thor and Surfer used to have the scaling feats, they still do, not much to really change.

I mean that ALL of our herald level Marvel Comics characters need to be properly evaluated and updated. We cannot leave them as an incoherent mess.

There's just not much to update though, recognise this is the 4th reevaluation across 2 years

Last edited:
What do you mean?

Would you, Confluctor, or some other knowledgeable member be willing to go through all of the herald-level Marvel characters and edit the ones that have not been corrected yet please?

BUMP.
5-B scaling chain from Gilgamesh, which will tie into Hyperion's 5-B (he will be the upper end of the chain). This could potentially effect the following;
  1. Gilgamesh
  2. Ikaris
  3. Thena
  4. Sersi
  5. Blue Marvel
  6. Carol
  7. America Chavez
  8. Anti man
  9. King Hyperion - upscales from BM
  10. Hyperion (avengers) (he can upscale from this value and also scale to his own 5-B feat)
  11. Hyperion (squadron Supreme) - scales directly to Ikaris, if not above him. And has been a pain in the ass for non-4-B Thor.
  12. Hyperion (squadron sinister) - due to being a pain in the ass for non-4-B Thor.
I would also like for wonder man to be part of it, but I will wait and see what you guys think
Here is a list of other characters that scale to 5-B:https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:LordTracer/marvel_or_somethinh?useskin=fandomdesktop

I think Impress mentioned that some characters shouldn't scale Carol because she holds back in her fights.

By the way, the Champion of the Universe has declarations of being able to destroy Planets, would this serve to raise him to 5-B?

And The Thing withstood an attack capable of splitting a planet in two and faced a living hole called the Ebon Seeker who has a 5-B calculation.

Last edited:
The 5-B scaling seems fine to me btw, including for The Champion without the Power Gem, the upgraded Wonder Man, and the currently displayed power level of The Thing, given the Galactus scan above. However, I think that we had a discussion some years ago in which it was decided that scaling him to the Ebon Seeker's calculation was unreliable. I do not remember the specifics though.

Last edited:

And The Thing withstood an attack capable of splitting a planet in two and faced a living hole called the Ebon Seeker who has a 5-B calculation.

I don’t remember exact what the issue with this was, but we didn’t use it for a reason back in the day iirc, I’d have to recheck.

Also this being 5-B sounds wrong, we have earth-splitting at 6-A, no?

By the way, the Champion of the Universe has declarations of being able to destroy Planets, would this serve to raise him to 5-B?

Mehhhhhh Champion of the Universe is such a ******* jobber though

Boy oh boy do I love having THREE DIFFERENT HEAVY RESEARCH-RELIANT PROPOSALS LOBBED AT THE SAME TIME, really considerate of my life, especially noting that I’m 100% sure you just looked at an RT and are just spamming them in.

Wait. One. Moment. It’s actually ******* disruptive here to do that, we aren’t even done with ******* 3-C proposals before you all jam different characters in our faces.

I don’t remember exact what the issue with this was, but we didn’t use it for a reason back in the day iirc, I’d have to recheck.

Also this being 5-B sounds wrong, we have earth-splitting at 6-A, no?

Boy oh boy do I love having THREE DIFFERENT RESEARCH-RELIANT PROPOSALS LOBBED AT THE SAME TIME, really considerate of my life, especially noting that I’m 100% sure you just looked at an RT and are just spamming them in.

Wait. One. Moment. It’s actually ******* disruptive here to do that.
Earth spliitng is Low 5-B

This thread is genuinely such a ******* trashfire that I’m probably gonna say, individual threads are way better. Nothing is getting resolved here and meanwhile that new topics keep getting piled on.

Boy oh boy do I love having THREE DIFFERENT HEAVY RESEARCH-RELIANT PROPOSALS LOBBED AT THE SAME TIME, really considerate of my life, especially noting that I’m 100% sure you just looked at an RT and are just spamming them in.

Wait. One. Moment. It’s actually ******* disruptive here to do that, we aren’t even done with ******* 3-C proposals before you all jam different characters in our faces.
I see that several High 6-C's would go to 5-B with the Gilgamesh scale, so I thought it best to mention those statements and facts that support a 5-B for other characters so I don't have to put it in another CRT.

This thread is genuinely such a ******* trashfire that I’m probably gonna say, individual threads are way better. Nothing is getting resolved here and meanwhile that new topics keep getting piled on.
I agree with this, a proper CRT for the 5-B would be more productive.

Well, if you, @Confluctor , or some other staff member are willing to create a continuation thread, in which we decide which characters that should get High 6-C, 5-B, or 3-C ratings, and then link to it here, that would obviously be very appreciated.

Thank you for helping out. It is very appreciated.

Should we close this thread then?

Never mind. Impress closed the other thread.

So what is currently left to do here? Should we close this thread now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back