• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Varied 5C/5B to 4B" for the Sentry (Marvel).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyperion, definitely 5-A. Blue Marvel... I am not sure 100% since I cannot remember how his story in Ultimates went. But from a bit I can remember, 5A seems more fitting

Okay, so I finished the timeline for the three relevant Hyperions to this discussion. Hyperion 616, 712 and King Hyperion scales to one another, and who then scales to normal Thor on Earth. So, yes, they should be downgraded to 5A alongside Blue Marvel and Anti-Man. The blog link here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Confluctor/Hyperion(s)_feat_timeline

Also, Hyperion 13034 (the Avengers one) should get 5A to 4B tier since he scales to normal Thor and Blue Marvel usually, but at full power, can be higher. But I will compile his feats sometime this week.

Last edited:
That is probably a good idea. Then again the powerscaling logic is terrible for that storyline, so I suppose that I should not take it too seriously.

Not sure about Anti Man, but Blue Marvel has been harmed by T5 characters before. In Squadron Supreme (2015), he was equally matched with 13034 Hyperion - who I am going to revise soon to give him a 5A to 4B tier. Also King Hyperion, who is definitely not 4B, was equal, if not more powerful.

Giving him a 5A to 4B rating seems fine to Blue Marvel.

Anti-Man and Blue Marvel are blatant 4-Bs, stripping that rating isn’t good from them
Which was based off fighting Sentry, who would have been weakened just by coming into contact with Anti-Man, a living mass of anti-matter and literally called a bridge to the Negative Zone. And later, Sentry would have been operating within ever increasing storms of anti-matter, which would have affected him as well.

I mean, if they got more feats, I'd loved to here them but based upon current evidence, their original scaling seems suspect.

I think Omegon makes the most sense. Still not quite sure about Anti-Man, but the other two definitely needs to be brought down to 5A, especially King Hyperion.

Impress thinks otherwise, and she is reliable regarding this area.

Looking at the comics again, Sentry comments that he's never encountered anyone as powerful as Anti-Man. Now, while it's true that Sentry would have likely been weakened just by coming close to Anti-Man, their engagement was very brief and this isn't like dumping Sentry into the N-Zone, where he's surrounded by nothing but Anti-Matter. So, Sentry could have experienced little loss in power due to relatively small amount of Anti-Matter he was exposed plus, the sheer briefness of the fight. Anti-Man overpowered Sentry immediately upon engaging him in 3 moves.

Based upon that we could do this for the scalings:

- Anti-Man: At least 5-A (Easily defeated a team of Avengers consisting of Ares, Wonder Man, She-Hulk), Possibly 4-B (Easily overpowered Sentry, who stated he'd never encountered someone so powerful)

- Blue Marvel: At least 5-A (Statedby Namor to be hit as hard than Hulk and Thor, Comparable to Anti-Man and has defeated him in the past), Possibly 4-B

-
King Hyperion: At least 5-A (Somewhat superior to Blue Marvel and capable of beating down Juggernaut), Possibly 4-B

We'll need a note to explain Anti-Man's scaling and situation a little more but I believe this could work.

I suppose that seems like a rather good idea, yes.

Looking at the comics again, Sentry comments that he's never encountered anyone as powerful as Anti-Man. Now, while it's true that Sentry would have likely been weakened just by coming close to Anti-Man, their engagement was very brief and this isn't like dumping Sentry into the N-Zone, where he's surrounded by nothing but Anti-Matter. So, Sentry could have experienced little loss in power due to relatively small amount of Anti-Matter he was exposed plus, the sheer briefness of the fight. Anti-Man overpowered Sentry immediately upon engaging him in 3 moves.

- Anti-Man: At least 5-A (Easily defeated a team of Avengers consisting of Ares, Wonder Man, She-Hulk), Possibly 4-B (Easily overpowered Sentry, who stated he'd never encountered someone so powerful)

- Blue Marvel: At least 5-A (Statedby Namor to be hit as hard than Hulk and Thor, Comparable to Anti-Man and has defeated him in the past), Possibly 4-B

-
King Hyperion: At least 5-A (Somewhat superior to Blue Marvel and capable of beating down Juggernaut), Possibly 4-B

We'll need a note to explain Anti-Man's scaling and situation a little more but I believe this could work.
@Zensum @Eficiente @Qawsedf234 @Sandman31 @SuperAPM @Firestorm808 @EmperorRorepme @LuciferDC099 @Newendigo @Ehnkr2beboh @Tllmbrg @Deagonx @Elizio33 @LordTracer @The_Impress

What do you think about this?

-

I asked if these are acceptable suggestions.

We haven't reached a firm decision yet as far as I am aware.

I don't see why it needs to be dragged on ngl. The evidence is pretty straightforward.

And it's more consistent with every other herald tier at Marvel.

Can you remind me what you currently intend to do here please?

A few characters scale from Sentry, so they should be brought down to 5A and possibly 4B. Their current rating is pretty inconsistent and exaggerated.

Okay, and do you think that C2's suggestions are acceptable?

Okay. I would prefer some confirmations from our knowledgeable members before it is applied though.

Thank you. It can probably be applied then.

- Anti-Man: At least 5-A (Easily defeated a team of Avengers consisting of Ares, Wonder Man, and She-Hulk), likely 4-B (Easily overpowered the Sentry, who stated that he'd never encountered someone so powerful before)

- Blue Marvel: At least 5-A (Stated by Namor to hit as hard as the Hulk and Thor, comparable to Anti-Man and has defeated him in the past), likely 4-B

-
King Hyperion: At least 5-A (Somewhat superior to the Blue Marvel and capable of beating down the Juggernaut), likely 4-B
So this then?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back