• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Uranus (Saint Seiya) possible upgrade to 2-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says in Uranus' profile that...

"Said weapon was wielded by Cronus, youngest of the 12 Titans, but the only one brash enough to challenge his father. After a long battle, Cronus stood victorious as the new King of the Universe, and Uranus was no more"

I'm no Saint Seiya expert but if it was a long battle as it says on the text, "after a long battle" and Cronos did struggle against Uranus (assuming from the text) shouldn't he be realistically be 2-A? At least scaling from Cronos?

I know. Literally all of the God's profiles have little to no context and no justification on their abilities and stats.

But going back on topic, do you agree or disagree

The Titan Cronos as 2-A has to be reviewed.

In Episode G there is nothing that jutifies that it is 2-A. He is much more powerful than the 11 Titans who can easily destroy and create universes even when they are very weakened, and he is also more powerful than Shaka and Shijima who can destroy and create countless universes in their fight, but this does not justify their level as 2-A.

I think Uranus isn't the only one who should be 2-A.

Thanatos says in the original manga that Athena is as powerful as Hades.

According to Galaxian Encyclopedia, Athena is as powerful as Cronos.

So Athena and Hades should be upgraded to 2-A. Apollo too because he is described as a stronger god than Athena.

Do you have the Galaxian Encylopedia? I can translate it.

I am about to post Posiedon Arc or Arc 3 revisions in the comming weeks. So, its possible that major changes can happen. but imo im going to stay neutral for now.

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
Do you have the Galaxian Encylopedia? I can translate it.

I am about to post Posiedon Arc or Arc 3 revisions in the comming weeks. So, its possible that major changes can happen. but imo im going to stay neutral for now.
Yes I do. I don't know how to send it here but i can send it on Tweeter.

Matthew Schroeder said:
That amount of upgrades to 2-A is a no no.
Why ? If there is evidence that they can be 2-A, why ignore them? ƒñÀƒÅ┐ÔÇìÔÖé´©Å I saw that you based on a Spanish translation of the Galaxian Encyclopedia to say that Saga is 3-B. According to the same Galaxian Encyclopedia, Athena is as powerful as Cronos. So unless Cronos is not 2-A, Athena should be 2-A too.

May i see a scan of this Galaxian Encylopedia and a link to where it was from if you can obtain one please?? Thank you...

GeminiMohamed said:
TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
May i see a scan of this Galaxian Encylopedia and a link to where it was from if you can obtain one please?? Thank you...
Here it is
https://twitter.com/GeminiMohamed/status/1166531659119898626?s=19
Wow, very good information.

It is true that the galaxy encyclopedia describes that the cosmos of Cronus is comparable to the cosmos of Athena.

Cronos est le roi dieux qui tua son p├¿re Ouranos et régna sur Terre en tant que roi des Titans jusqu'├í ce qu'il soit emprisonné par son fils Zeus. Mais il réussi a se régénérer afin de régner ├á nouveau su Terre. Son immense Cosmo est l'égal de celui d' Athena.

In the portuguese edition of the galaxian encyclopedia it also describes that he is comparable to Athena.

Depois de matar seu pai Urano, volta ├í Terra proclamando-se rei dos Tit├ús. Ele é preso por Zeus, mas consegue escapar e agora est├á determinado a reconquistar a Terra. De immenso cosmo, é comparavel ├í de Atena.

What do you think about this new information Matthew?

I am glad to see that someone understands me ƒÿî And that's not all because the original manga says that the cosmos of Poseidon is equal to that of Hades and Athena. So Hades is equivalent to Athena. Therefore, he should be 2-A too. Same for Poseidon. I understand that it is disturbing to change the levels of so many characters at once, but there is evidence that the changes are legitimate.

Ok, but isn't there the rule feats>statements?

And Hades in the original manga proved to be more powerful than Athena (and I don't even want to consider the events of Ep.G)

Poseidon in theory is on the same level as his younger brothers, but in the original manga he did not possess his true body, he was half asleep and we do not know if the armor he was wearing was also his kamui

Please do not quote walls of text. Thank you.

Leonida85 said:
Ok, but isn't there the rule feats>statements?
And Hades in the original manga proved to be more powerful than Athena (and I don't even want to consider the events of Ep.G)

Poseidon in theory is on the same level as his younger brothers, but in the original manga he did not possess his true body, he was half asleep and we do not know if the armor he was wearing was also his kamui
Athena is comparable in cosmo or power to the Three Emperors as described by the author in the story, who also describes that Athena fought against these gods many times, but the personality of Athena or Saori limits her power against these enemies. She is like Shun (the idiot who is even defeated by an enemy like Lascomoune just by his personality) or even worse..

That's why Athena easily defeats Poseidon with the Vessel, even when she doesn't have her armor, the Aegis Shield and the goddess Nike.

Crateris Aeson said:
Athena is comparable in cosmo or power to the Three Emperors as described by the author in the story, who also describes that Athena fought against these gods many times, but the personality of Athena or Saori limits her power against these enemies. She is like Shun.

That's why Athena easily defeats Poseidon with the Vessel, even when she doesn't have her armor, the Aegis Shield and the goddess Nike.
What I mean is that: Poseidon potentially equals Hades, but with all the limitations he was easily subdued by Athena.

Having said this, Athena is comparable but not equal to her uncles

In character profiles we should put what they do and not what they could do.

Leonida85 said:
What I mean is that: Poseidon potentially equals Hades, but with all the limitations he was easily subdued by Athena.

Having said this, Athena is comparable but not equal to her uncles

In character profiles we should put what they do and not what they could do.
Athena also has her limitations in that fight, because she doesn't use her armor and weapons, but the goddess easily defeats him. It is because Athena is comparable in power to Poseidon.

The story of this universe describes that Athena is equal in power to the Three Emperors. Even the author describes that she fought against these gods in many war. The only problem is the personality of the goddess, because she does not want to kill her enemies.

The character's profile describes the power and abilities of the character based on what is described and presented in the story, not if the goddess's personality limits his power in his fighting, because this is only a weakness of the goddess.

But Hades has proven to be superior to Saori, and in theory Hades and Poseidon are equal. But even your interpretation of the weaknesses of the goddess could be true

But then we will have:

Zeus (?)/= Hades > Athena > Poseidon by feats

Zeus = Hades = Poseidon = Athena < Apollo (next dimension if I remember correctly) by statements

Well yes, in the end it's always Kurumada who wrote it, nothing can be done about it.

And about Athena now i remember why I always preferred her mythological version and not the Kurumada's.

Hades is not superior to Saori. She is only surpassed because her personality limits her power (she doesn't attack to kill the god in the fight). In theory the goddess is comparable to Hades, Poseidon and Zeus.

In the main universe, Athena, Zeus, Hades and Poseidon are the most powerful Olympic Gods. Apollo is only described as more powerful than Athena in Overture, where the goddess says that she and Seiya are insignificant compared to Apollo.

The Athena of StS is like a version of Yesus in this universe, not a warrior goddess like the mythological version.

Has anybody asked staff members other than Matthew?

^

Crateris Aeson said:
Hades is not superior to Saori. She is only surpassed because her personality limits her power (she doesn't attack to kill the god in the fight). In theory the goddess is comparable to Hades, Poseidon and Zeus.

In the main universe, Athena, Zeus, Hades and Poseidon are the most powerful Olympic Gods. Apollo is only described as more powerful than Athena in Overture, where the goddess says that she and Seiya are insignificant compared to Apollo.

The Athena of StS is like a version of Yesus in this universe, not a warrior goddess like the mythological version.
Exactly. Saori isn't a fighter like Hades and Poseidon. She likes peace and dialogue and doesn't want to kill anyone. But her true power is as amazing as Hades's.

For example : - She saved Shun from Hades in Giudecca and made him run away to Elysium. - Aegis could stop Hades's sword. - Saori and Hades's cosmos were equal in the manga. - Saori protected her warriors with bubbles that Hades couldn't destroy.

I don't think that anything will happen here unless you get some more staff involved.

So to the one guy who said that Apollo should be 2-A... I don't know how I feel about that. But I do want to point out something that happened in the movie.

When he appeared, Athena warned Seiya not to attack the god. It was clear, at least to me, that she was scared, just as Artemis was.

In fact... it appeared that she had all but given up in fighting against her brother. I don't know if that helps or if I'm misremebering, but I thought I'd add in some stuff.

Second of all. The creator of Saint Seyia didn't like how that movie came out. So I don't know if it should be trusted as a canonical source.

But I'll leave that up to you guys to decide.

And this has nothing to do with this... but are battles between low 2-C and 2-C allowed? I know that they are the same tier techinically, just to a lower degree.

Some clarification about that would be great.

Sorry for posting this here.

PS: Espeically when one of them doesn't even have a low 2-C key.

The difference between Low 2-C and 2-C is usually unquantifiable, so I do not think so, but am not sure.

Athena, Apollo, Hades, and others aren't even relavent here. I just wanted to know if Uranus should be upgraded to 2-A since it says in his profile that Cronos defeated Uranus after a "long battle".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back