• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Updating justifications for characters inheriting the powers of many others

Bobsican

He/Him
Per recent revisions, it's no longer allowed to merely mention in a page that a character simply has "all the powers in the series", "all the powers of x group" or similar, as explained here, instead they'll have to directly specify whatever's being inherited, from who per case and include the (original) reasoning and why they're inheriting it.

Anyways, cases that are known to break the current standards are:

Mentioning more cases that currently break the standard are welcome.

Are there any specific members that you would recommend that I send a notification to here?

Madoka is probably not the best to start with- given the size of the verse. Hell, I'm not even finished with updating and indexing most of the verse, so any changes would be immediately outdated.

I assume I am being tagged for the nasu pages? Shiki technically says she has power mimicry towards all abilities in the nasuverse, which isn't quite the same, but if that's too close it can obviously still be changed. For the root itself, we will have to decide how to format it. We can categorize them according to what they are scaling from, or just do a massive dump in a phenomenon tab. If it would be allowed, we could also do a drop down for techniques where we can copy paste each Noble Phantasm and other special ability in the series and who it comes from. This is going to make these pages massive, but we should at least figure out the best way to format them first

Well, she'd be still getting a notable amount of powers not indexed on the page, no? So yeah, I'd still support actually listing the stuff accordingly.

A massive dump would be allowed, keep in mind that tabbers within tabbers can also be used for readability if you expect each character to be a dump in themselves.

Here's the thread which revised Scion's profile, if needed, you can always contact the OP. Especially if you're deciding to remove or revise their work.

Also personally i do believe it's an improvement over just listing "all powers in the verse" or something to that effect, but that's just my personal opinion. I can see why someone would dislike it from an aesthetic standpoint.

Here's the thread which revised Scion's profile, if needed, you can always contact the OP. Especially if you're deciding to remove or revise their work.

Also personally i do believe it's an improvement over just listing "all powers in the verse" or something to that effect, but that's just my personal opinion. I can see why someone would dislike it from an aesthetic standpoint.
Oh, thanks for the advice, that said...

Reactive Power Level (Upscaled from Accord, who becomes smarter the more complex a problem becomes[24]), and many more. Resistance to all prior abilities
The first bolded part is self explanatory on blantantly breaking the current standards, it should be replaced with more proper explanations, sure, only the ones that are notable may be noted, but the fact way too many abilities are implied to be missing isn't a good implication, especially as I've heard a good chunk of them still see niche use in vs threads, and on another note I think a resistance to so many abilities deserves a justification better than "that's the case, trust me"

Last edited:

@Apeironaxim

The first bolded part is self explanatory on blantantly breaking the current standards, it should be replaced with more proper explanations, sure, only the ones that are notable may be noted, but the fact way too many abilities are implied to be missing isn't a good implication, especially as I've heard a good chunk of them still see niche use in vs threads, and on another note I think a resistance to so many abilities deserves a justification better than "that's the case, trust me"
The "many more" if i recall was meant to be in regards to the fact we don't see every possible power in the series, so he would have many more we don't know about, as well as the fact that not every ability is notable enough I believe to be put on the profile for the god tier of the verse, such as someone being able to turn into a cannon. Excluding less notable abilities is even something Ant and others such as DontTalk seemed to agree with. I did have plans to update the resistance justification, but I've gotten distracted due to acquiring a job which takes a lot of energy and trying to revise other verses. If those are the only problems, then I can find the time to gather what's needed for the reason for the Resistance justification in order to properly Reference/Source it this weekend

Oh, thanks for clarifying, I think noting the reasoning for the "many more" wouldn't hurt then (in the sense of explaining why it's mentioned like that in the page), and the resistance stuff is also relevant yeah, but take your time, just be sure to do it long-term.

I suppose that they should probably be removed then.
But why would you remove them from Scion's profile in specific instead of just removing the rule that requires you to list every power in a page? Most pages are gonna look like Scion's anyway, so seems silly to exclude just his stuff.

We generally want to keep indexing accuracy even if it means having to insert more text than usual, I don't think they should be removed as they're already in a decent state as is as, if anything a bit more should be added to sort out the "missing" stuff, which is mostly sorted out now.

Let's move onto another case

Madoka is probably not the best to start with- given the size of the verse. Hell, I'm not even finished with updating and indexing most of the verse, so any changes would be immediately outdated.

...Any update?

The "many more" if i recall was meant to be in regards to the fact we don't see every possible power in the series, so he would have many more we don't know about, as well as the fact that not every ability is notable enough I believe to be put on the profile for the god tier of the verse, such as someone being able to turn into a cannon. Excluding less notable abilities is even something Ant and others such as DontTalk seemed to agree with. I did have plans to update the resistance justification, but I've gotten distracted due to acquiring a job which takes a lot of energy and trying to revise other verses. If those are the only problems, then I can find the time to gather what's needed for the reason for the Resistance justification in order to properly Reference/Source it this weekend
Managed to find what I needed pretty quick, so here's the CRT to clear up the problems

Back