• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General issue about "all the verse powers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raises the question, why doesn't every other verse ever get the same treatment? Plus, Blogs can only be edited by the folks who made them and content mods, so other supporters can't even edit it with stuff the one who made it may not know about.

I also do not think that we should bloat profile pages with unnecessary minor powers. The most relevant ones should be enough.

Is it sufficient enough to put down, say, "Gravity Manipulation (Via X)", with X being a link to the profile if it exists, rather than writing out the justification again?

Is it sufficient enough to put down, say, "Gravity Manipulation (Via X)", with X being a link to the profile if it exists, rather than writing out the justification again?
That'd imply they can summon the respective character just for that, I'd just say like "X power (Inherited by Y)" or so

But regardless how I list it, that's fine to do? Cause that makes the task a lot more manageable lmao

Last edited:
I also do not think that we should bloat profile pages with unnecessary minor powers. The most relevant ones should be enough.
I still think that this is the best approach, btw.

Bump.
The premise was accepted and we're "waiting" for the supporters of the respective verses to index more directly the powers inherited by the characters of their verse, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

At this pace, however, perhaps a CRT should be done for each verse to ask the ones into the respective one to actually do it? We could also do an Editing Rule over the matter to discourage just saying "has all the powers in the setting" further.

I suppose that might work, but I would prefer further community input first.

An editing rule sounds fine. For such a situation, it kind of gets annoying to look through a verse to look for characters' powers or being stated to or/having to read/watch a verse to look for these powers.

Last edited:
Okay. Does anybody have some clear outlines for how we should proceed here then?

- A Editing Rule enforcing to not use "all the powers in the setting" or similar to index the Powers and Abilities of a character, and instead be more specific in regards of what that exactly leads to, from who it's being inherited and of course why.

- After the above a thread for each verse where supporters of the respective one are asked to fix the respective culprit of breaking the above.

Well, you can write a draft text for a rule if you wish, but I would prefer if we do not start any witch hunts over trivial issues.

Something like...
Characters that inherit the powers and abilities from a significant amount of other notable characters in their verse shouldn't list powers from such source as "All the powers in the series", "All powers of X group" or similar, not only can this easily be incomplete out of not every relevant character being indexed, but it also becomes exponentially harder for any given user to find out all the implications out of the wide amount of potential pages involved to check. Instead such cases should directly mention all the respective powers with the justification for inheriting them, their reasoning and from who.

Last edited:
Well, that seems fine to me at least. What do the rest of you think?

Thank you for the evaluation.

Can somebody list the other staff members who have helped out here previously, so I can call for them, please?

Thank you for helping out. That can probably be applied then, but let's wait a bit for further responses in order to make certain.

I recall the premise was already accepted months ago, only concerns at this point would be grammatical ones, which don't appear to be the case with the current consensus.

Okay. Then it is probably fine to apply then. Should it be placed in our Editing Rules page or somewhere else?

Okay. I am very tired and busy right now though. Would some other staff member be willing to place it in an appropriate position in that page please?

Thank you for the evaluations. I think that the text is fine to add then, although I think that it should be slightly modified for easier readability. Is something like the following fine instead?

"Characters that inherit their powers and abilities from a significant amount of other notable characters in their verses shouldn't list powers from these sources as "All the powers in the series", "All powers of group x", or similar. For one thing, this can easily be incomplete due to that not all of the relevant character have been indexed, but it also becomes much harder for our visitors to find all of the implied powers from the recurrently wide amount of involved pages that they would have to check through. Instead such cases should directly mention all of the respective powers, along with the justifications for inheriting them, their reasoning, and which characters that they come from."

Last edited:
Instead such cases should directly mention all of the respective powers, along with the justifications for inheriting them, their reasoning, and which characters that they come from."
For this part, if we're using this as a discussion rule, I would link Castlevania Dracula or Yhwach as an example of this. Since they have a vast array of other powers and a justification attached to them.

For this part, if we're using this as a discussion rule, I would link Castlevania Dracula or Yhwach as an example of this. Since they have a vast array of other powers and a justification attached to them.
That seems fine to me.

Thank you for the evaluations. I think that the text is fine to add then, although I think that it should be slightly modified for easier readability. Is something like the following fine instead?

"Characters that inherit their powers and abilities from a significant amount of other notable characters in their verses shouldn't list powers from these sources as "All the powers in the series", "All powers of group x", or similar. For one thing, this can easily be incomplete due to that not all of the relevant character have been indexed, but it also becomes much harder for our visitors to find all of the implied powers from the recurrently wide amount of involved pages that they would have to check through. Instead such cases should directly mention all of the respective powers, along with the justifications for inheriting them, their reasoning, and which characters that they come from."
@SomebodyData @DontTalkDT @Elizhaa @Starter_Pack @Qawsedf234 @DarkDragonMedeus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back