• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General issue about "all the verse powers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty much a general issue which always bothered me since the start.

For example we got characters as Arceus, Rimuru Tempest who have all the verse powers listed, making it easier to index them.

But characters as Madoka or Swirl of the Root have just a "all the powers of the verse" which is really lazy and makes the matches much harder to determine, other than making the profiles incomplete.

So in short we should make a list of all the powers these characters gain from upscaling from their verses to make their profiles much more complete and informative.

Profiles that need the adding:

Last edited:
I'm already dying to see what comes next. Truly an amazing first sentence to what can only be touted as the most anticipated CRT this August!

Swirl of the root (and void shiki) have this because otherwise the list would be way to long. It's why it's just linked to nasuverse profile

That's the issue. We have literal wall of hax like Arceus and yet Root hasn't because "lol too long".
Arceus is not that big compared of what should get Root it's that the thing, even in justification it would be way more long because, the different utilisation of same power etc

Arceus is not that big compared of what should get Root it's that the thing, even in justification it would be way more long because, the different utilisation of same power etc
You don't get the point. Arceus is treated as one of the longest profiles (heck, is the page with the highest number of categories on the site) and yet is still fine. I shouldn't even mention D or Rimuru which are much, much longer than it. This is a really lazy excuse to avoid listing all the powers a character has, making it vague and really hard to classify hax wise, someone definitely ain't willing to check all the profiles for a character's hax.

You don't get the point. Arceus is treated as one of the longest profiles (heck, is the page with the highest number of categories on the site) and yet is still fine. I shouldn't even mention D or Rimuru which are much, much longer than it. This is a really lazy excuse to avoid listing all the powers a character has, making it vague and really hard to classify hax wise, someone definitely ain't willing to check all the profiles for a character's hax.
How is lazy to not make a page way to long because even with just what is in vsb with have way more than 100 character already with different justification? And with some by themselves be already praticaly more long than arceus.

How is lazy to not make a page way to long because even with just what is in vsb with have way more than 100 character already with different justification? And with some by themselves be already praticaly more long than arceus.
Simple: With pages much longer than Arceus being already a thing. This is a really lame excuse to not make a character' profile complete in all honestly.

Make tabbers then. The Foundation of SCP and Aethyr Manipulation of Warhammer Fantasy make Arceus look like a small page in comparison. By being nearly 10x bigger for the ladder.

I am fine with this. Tabbers might be an idea to make things more organised and easier to read, yes.

Well, somebody needs to write wiki sandbox drafts of what the replacement powers and abilities sections for those pages should look like.

Well, somebody needs to write wiki sandbox drafts of what the replacement powers and abilities sections for those pages should look like.
Can you tag the major experts of these verses to cover this issue.

(Puella Magi verse, Nasuverse, Honkai Impact and Umineko for now)

That seems like overkill.

Isn't it enough for those who are interested to go through the other character profile pages for the verses and note down the relevant powers from them?

Can you tag the major experts of these verses to cover this issue.

(Puella Magi verse, Nasuverse, Honkai Impact and Umineko for now)
Unnecessary in the case of Honkai as its to a far lesser extent there.
It's just like 3-6 abilities (due to the verses Honkai energy page covering most of the powers in the verse already.)

Most of the people mentioned here (except D if you mean kumo desu ga's D) are highly potent reality warpers.
We don't list every technically included power that comes with the creation of a galaxy for characters that can do so (e.g. we don't list earth manip. We list just creation) and this would pretty much be the same.
At the point that it is clear that those characters have total power over reality, energy, matter, space, time, minds, souls, causality, laws and concepts, explicitly listing something like fire manipulation becomes superfluous.

That would in general also be the case for Arceus, for example, although for it in particular one could argue that it often is portrayed to fight with pkmn moves instead of using reality-warping giving them a particular relevance.
In general, ask yourself whether the ability is relevant or especially characteristic for the being. If it's just a random aspect of its omnipotence falling in one of the other general categories of it and isn't some particularly iconic technique it needs not be listed.

Most of the people mentioned here (except D if you mean kumo desu ga's D) are highly potent reality warpers.
We don't list every technically included power that comes with the creation of a galaxy for characters that can do so (e.g. we don't list earth manip. We list just creation) and this would pretty much be the same.
At the point that it is clear that those characters have total power over reality, energy, matter, space, time, minds, souls, causality, laws and concepts, explicitly listing something like fire manipulation becomes superfluous.
...that is beyond over generalizating. Ofc we don't listed every single power derived from it, but we should at least do with the most relevant ones. For example in PMMM itself Madoka has all the P&As of all the Magical Girls but Homura, and most of these are relevant in her fights as well, since she's clearly not just "lol law hax" due of that.
That would in general also be the case for Arceus, for example, although for it in particular one could argue that it often is portrayed to fight with pkmn moves instead of using reality-warping giving them a particular relevance.
In general, ask yourself whether the ability is relevant or especially characteristic for the being. If it's just a random aspect of its omnipotence falling in one of the other general categories of it and isn't some particularly iconic technique it needs not be listed.
Arceus has a whole context because of plates if you insist on that.

But I got your point, if you want just the most relevant and important ones for matches then fine, but not just a lazy "all the powers and abilities shown in the series", someone ain't watching all the profiles for a single character's hax. That's unacceptable and literally saying to the viewers "lmao no I'm not doing that do it yourself".

I agree with DontTalk about that we shouldn't list nearly all powers, but mentioning the most relevant ones seems better than listing almost nothing.

At the bare minimum, in my opinion, one could just make a blog that lists out all of the abilities the character would inherit from others and then link it to the page

That is if they don’t want to list them directly on the page itself and save space.

...that is beyond over generalizating. Ofc we don't listed every single power derived from it, but we should at least do with the most relevant ones. For example in PMMM itself Madoka has all the P&As of all the Magical Girls but Homura, and most of these are relevant in her fights as well, since she's clearly not just "lol law hax" due of that.

Arceus has a whole context because of plates if you insist on that.

But I got your point, if you want just the most relevant and important ones for matches then fine, but not just a lazy "all the powers and abilities shown in the series", someone ain't watching all the profiles for a single character's hax. That's unacceptable and literally saying to the viewers "lmao no I'm not doing that do it yourself".
I personally largely agree with this approach.

Personally even for Arceus itself I'm thinking about putting the powers of the plates in a more specific way to make it easier to read

It looks lazy and unproffesional to just list "has all powers", doubt any newcomer will go look over literally the whole verse and their characters just to know what the one in question got

Listing them there its quicker, faster and more efficient then go look over the rest

It looks lazy and unproffesional to just list "has all powers", doubt any newcomer will go look over literally the whole verse and their characters just to know what the one in question got

Listing them there its quicker, faster and more efficient then go look over the rest
Yes. Agreed.

The idea seems fine, in principle.
I could help with Maria and the Creator's profile, in this regard. I did check the powers and add all the new significant categories related to all majors related to all the powers of the verse, from the accepted CRT; so, the list of new powers wouldn't be hard for me to index.

Okay. Thank you for helping out. It is appreciated.

I mean, yeah? This should go without saying. You should list the powers the character has and not just put a vague "all powers of the verse" unless it links to something that does contain all the powers of the verse. If using tabbers is applicable use tabbers, if not then a page being "big" is just what it is. That's no excuse to exclude information from the profile.

just to know, by ex in nasuverse many character stilll don't have page, but can we still use their power and justification for the one with all power of verse or they should be limited to what is in vsb for now ?

I get why people list it like "all powers of the verse" but it is certainly problematic in terms of listing them.

It may be useful for some people to try to list off abilities in a blog or something, if they'd like to keep the page clean? I'm not opposed to large pages, of course, but I realize many feel the less content on the page, the better.

just to know, by ex in nasuverse many character stilll don't have page, but can we still use their power and justification for the one with all power of verse or they should be limited to what is in vsb for now ?
Just add whatever is currently on the site, then add bit by bit the new things introduced. We do so for Arceus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back