• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Gnoll and Thri-Kreen are perhaps some of the most respectable things you could have said.
bornskywalker-dap-me-up.gif

It's goated, but running an especially odd human is great. I did a oneshot with my ex where he was just some tabaxi guy trying to find his lost pet rock, and then I jump in like "Yo! What's slapping?! My name's Sethan Megadeth Kamikaze, and I'm here to screw shit up!"

You can admit you don't know dragon history, it's not a big deal, no one here cares about dragon history.
I don't know anything about dragon history. I have never touched a book with a dragon. I have never investigated the canon books for the dragon verse. My only knowledge from dragons comes from anime and like two video games. I don't think I will ever touch that light novel that talks about the canon stories for dragons.

I don't know anything about dragon history. I have never touched a book with a dragon. I have never investigated the canon books for the dragon verse. My only knowledge from dragons comes from anime and like two video games. I don't think I will ever touch that light novel that talks about the canon stories for dragons.
You need to catch up on dragons, a lot of them are pretty sick.

Man steak is such a ******* marvelous food. I can't think of something better than it... In terms of food, I mean. That's not even unpopular, I just felt the need to say it.

Friendly Rant: People who claim that Billie Eilish created the baggy clothing aesthetic even though she very obviously bites from styles that were popularized and pioneered by Black Americans in the 80s and 90s. I hate seeing people claim that she's popularized it or made it a cool aesthetic when it's ALWAYS been there, but of course let a mainstream/popular white woman reuse an already alive and well style within a specific group of people define her, and suddenly she's a trendsetter. It's even more obvious that her slang and mannerisms are very obviously from AAVE and slang from black people, yet her brother, who she grew up with has NONE of that lmao. Nobody loves to give credit where credit is due tbh, and it's really sad. It's so obvious in mainstream that black culture sells (even outside of America, but that's a whole other topic 🥱) but alot of people are ignorant to that fact.

I thought everyone hated medium rare💀

Couldn't be me🥱
Yeah, it's those two that are most commonly chosen

Nah, medium rare is the most preferred doneness. It's why you see so many professional chefs cook it to that.
It's my favorite doneness💀
Man steak is such a ******* marvelous food. I can't think of something better than it... In terms of food, I mean. That's not even unpopular, I just felt the need to say it.
I guess steak doneness scaling gets included in the term "stat scaling" that this site is about. 😉

Friendly Rant: People who claim that Billie Eilish created the baggy clothing aesthetic even though she very obviously bites from styles that were popularized and pioneered by Black Americans in the 80s and 90s. I hate seeing people claim that she's popularized it or made it a cool aesthetic when it's ALWAYS been there, but of course let a mainstream/popular white woman reuse an already alive and well style within a specific group of people define her, and suddenly she's a trendsetter. It's even more obvious that her slang and mannerisms are very obviously from AAVE and slang from black people, yet her brother, who she grew up with has NONE of that lmao. Nobody loves to give credit where credit is due tbh, and it's really sad. It's so obvious in mainstream that black culture sells (even outside of America, but that's a whole other topic 🥱) but alot of people are ignorant to that fact.
Elvis

Man, I ******* hate how artificially hard some Minecraft modpacks are. Like, I tried RL craft and I couldn't stop dying to random monsters. The temperature system is also devilish. I think I saw a random person say this already but it seems like it was made by a person that never went outside. Like, I don't go outside that much but I know I won't overheat or freeze to death if I am in some lake waters or in some plains. Like, I have touched grassed and bathed before, I speak from personal experience when I say this.
I also played some modpacks with horror mods in them and it seems like they were made for YouTubers, not for absolutely normal people like me. Like, in Minecraft you lose your items when you die and you have to recover them. You know what would combine well with that? Spawning a stupid looking blocky monster that is nearly invincible, lets out ear damaging screams and does a third of your health per hit. I kid, I kid, of course that combination is a bad idea. After just two encounters I became more scared of losing all the progress I made in several hours than of the monster.
Honestly, I think we should force modpack and mod developers to 4 years of high school video game development classes. I feel like in 4 years they would at least learn how to make things not frustrating.

Anyway, I just lost my diamond armor into a pit of lava while running away from an invincible monster. That's why imma making this rant. I'll probably make a rant praising Create mod the best Minecraft mod of all time later but I prefer to save my wall of text for later.
Did you just say mod developers should be forced to spend 4 years learning about game development to be able to produce you a (from my knowledge) free mod because you aren't skilled at the game? Mf don't download the mod. I'm not defending the mod and saying it's good but holy shit. There are thousands of games out there go find a different one.

Back