• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Also I'm gonna bring up Spelunky again to note that it's a genuinely good game, but it tries way too hard to be difficult and it just gets genuinely tedious as well as really f.cking annoying to the point where you just want to uninstall it
I love games that are really hard, for example Doom and Doom 2 are some of my favorite games, but with Spelunky it just feels like it tries too much to be vague and tough and goes from a fun but challenging game to a downright obnoxious game that makes me want to tear my hair out. Also without looking up a bunch of stuff on the wiki and Youtube it's practically impossible to get the true ending because it's a shit ton of guessworking through all 4 worlds as well as praying you won't die to any annoying enemies while trying to get through all 4 worlds or else you'll have to start it all over again (shortcuts don't even work in the route for the true ending). It genuinely feels like some type of rage game or an elaborate parody of one.

So yeah, **** that game, if anyone ever considers playing it you should probably just get Pizza Tower instead. Also kind of hard at times but it's actually fun and doesn't feel like the people who made it are trying to make you turn into the Hulk.

And even if you do play it you probably try to throw rocks or boomerangs at the shopkeeper
batman-animated-series.gif

Even Neos is a 2500 Beatstick lmfao.

Besides DM got a lot of support that him being a vanilla is basically meaningless. Konami is giving to these some good support recently, see what Blue Eyes is getting with that new structure (Galaxy Eyes still better tho).
And Red Eyes still gets squat as per usual, is it too much to ask for a coherent and fun strategy that's rogue tier? (Is REBD a burn deck?, a Rank 7 XYZ engine?, a fusion spam deck?, who knows?).

Playing Y3, just beat Lau Ka Long. Unironically easier now than the red shirt dude in the first chapters. He is still difficult but the trick is basically to just run away, run in, grab, throw, kick, run away, repeat. When he goes bare hands just komaki parry and use the down slam attack that breaks through guards. The claws phase got me scared because he just infinite combo'd but then I did the right thing and pulled out a sword I bough. Defeated him pretty handily. Overall, at least I could actually grab him for most of the fight and even then I had access to weapons. F to those doing it in hard mode.

Back