• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hollow Knight doesn't deserve to be in better action games. Most people who play it are not really impressed by the combat, plus the game is relatively easy in Boss fight terms. What people like about the game is its the aesthetic, music and story. It should be placed in adventure games imo

Library of Ruina should definitely be up their in Strategy games, i'll go in a bit of detail as to why.

Gameplay: The core mechanics are a bit complicated, but overall the strategic aspects (i.e. the selecting of what Page and cards to use, the correct utilisation of cards and management of light during turns, etc.) are pretty fun, and the actual combat in the game is satisfying to watch, since it's pretty well animated.

Overall, a solid 7/10

Story: The best part of this game, the lore is masterfully told and the characters are just amazing. One of the things that brought me into the game in the first place.

10/10, simply amazing.

Art Design and Graphics: The combat is well-animated, the sprites and card art all look good and the backgrounds are simply stunning. Worth noting the music in this game, which is one of the best OST's I have seen.

9/10, the only thing holding it back is some of the more wonky sprites in the game.

Challenge: A fairly challenging game that while not necessarily demands you master the mechanics, you will get punished severely. The difficulty slope is vertical the further you get into the game. The start isn't much of a challenge, but some fights are just downright tedious to do (such as Xiao).

7/10, the start of the game isn't that hard, but you will have trouble.

Reception: 93% on Steam with 13830 reviews as of typing this, though this used to be around 96% before review bombing accorded when the game ended. There is definitely some complaints to be had, but it's a very, very good game overall.

Hopefully this is enough basic info for this.

Still waiting for Hack-and-Slash genre to be added with DMC, GOW and Bayonetta being at the top 3, with GOW 2018 taking top spot from AC.

Assassin's Creed is supposed to be at Rank 4 or 5 honestly.

Still waiting for Hack-and-Slash genre to be added with DMC, GOW and Bayonetta being at the top 3, with GOW 2018 taking top spot from AC.

Assassin's Creed is supposed to be at Rank 4 or 5 honestly.
I have not been on PC and somehow my phone keeps messing up all the tags and links
I think it's a wiki problem.

But by Friday I should be free to update the necessary things

The action category have been separated, so now I will update the list and @KLOL506 Assassin creed is just a placeholder tilll I find better options

Kingdom Hearts series for Action-Adventure and RPGs
If I need to pick a specific game it would be Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, everyone loves that one

OP Updated
Greek God of War should be added to the Hack-and-Slash list, right now you can play most of the older titles using PS Plus Subscription with GOW3 being straight up available on the PS4 and PS5 (The latter using backwards compatibility natively on PS4). Or you could just link to their wikipedia pages for clarification.

Gonna just come out and say KOF 98 and XIII should also honestly be up on the list as well.

Isn't KOF 98 a mess?
Anyway melty blood should be higher (only CA)
Revised versions are mess, Iori, Krauser, and Polnareff are not a fun group of top tiers.
OG 98 Where Iori, Chizuru, Chang, Both versions of Chris, Daimon, O.Yashiro, Mai, and 94' Ryo, are all running around is honestly a lot more fun.

They practically refused to nerf 98 Iori throughout all the revisions like they did the other OG top tiers.
Krauser being another case of a character doing almost anything and Benimaru being a poking monster put UM in a bad light, even after those two were nerfed for Final Edition

For Sports games, Midnight Club should be ranked higher than Need for Speed. Without Midnight Club, NFS Underground 1 and 2, and even Most Wanted, and majority of other open world racing games, would not even exist. Gran Turismo and Forza should also rank higher than Need for Speed because GT and Forza as a whole revolutionized the official motorsport side of things in racing games including their IRL racing academy as well which has forged Le Mans winning drivers many times. Forza I'd reckon gets recognition because it re-invented the wheel with open-world racing games as a whole.

So for ranking, Midnight Club should be number 3, Gran Turismo/Forza should be tied for number 4 and NFS should be Number 5.

Last edited:
Back