• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Thinking Mortal Kombat should probably be removed from fighting games, especially if its the first one.
Tekken 5: DR can probably go on that list as well.

Original DOOM should probably place somewhere in shooters. Endless User levels and engine modifications.

Wish there was a Stealth Action category for MG and Thief but eh.

I wanna suggest Saints Row 2 but its PC port is like one of the top ten worst porting jobs ever done.

There are not so many gacchas out there .So I propose Mobile Legends Adventure .The art style is uh not so bad ,pretty balanced and fun to play .

It may get a place since there are not so many gaccha games out there

Where ever Quake-like/boomer shooters go:
1. Ultrakill easily

My hack and slash picks:
1. Devil May Cry
2. Ninja Gaiden
3. Bayonetta
4. God of War (Greek)
5. Metal Gear Rising Revengence

Survival:
I only have 1 and it's The Suffering. An incredibly underrated PS2/Xbox-era game (It's on PC too so play it) that blends psychological and body horror with the action genre. You play as an inmate named Torque who was found guilty of the triple homicide of his wife and two kids. Upon finally getting to your cell all hell breaks loose and monsters taking the form of prison executions and tragic deaths, terrorize and kill everything and you are trying to get off the island prison Torque has been sent to.

Torque is a schizophrenic broken individual with a personality disorder so as you play you see visions, hear voices, and get fake telephones from your dead family meaning jumpscares and unsettling shit that happens aren't just there for a cheap scare but serve a purpose in telling you Torques' mental state. Because Torque is clinically insane on an unimaginable level so when he is stressed or pushed to the limit he "turns" into "The Creature". From the player's view, Torque becomes a giant monster with a blade for an arm that is faster than everything and kills things with one attack, from the point of view of the NPC's in the game, Torque remains human but is supernaturally strong and completely mad. The game features a morality system that changes the truth about Torque's conviction depending on if you perform evil actions or good actions and your moral actions level up The Creature's attacks (in the sequel moral choices change the look and attacks of The Creature). In both games, Moral choices affect not only Torque's appearance but also his physical demeanor, his idle actions, the visions you see, the voices you hear, and how NPCs view Torque. Moral choices aren't something tied to specific instances or cutscenes, they all are dependent on what voice in your head you choose Torque to follow and can change any time you choose to save or kill someone, you wouldn't know about the system unless told or finish the game and you can continue off the ending of The Suffering 1 in the Suffering 2. The gameplay is more action than even modern Resident Evil but in a believable way. You have no limit to how many weapons you hold in the first game, can dodge roll, jump, and crouch and you can toggle between First Person and Third Person anytime you want. You heal by taking pills that reduce your insanity in lore and can turn into The Creature if you're in a bind. The monsters you face are completely horrific and every one of them is memorable. The monsters are known as Malefactors and they take the form of horrific deaths, violence, and executions depending on the location of where they spawn from. As you progress in the game from being unable to handle more than 4 Malefactors you gain more and more weapons you turn into a badass that can take on hordes of Malefactors all while jamming to the incredible OST. It has great gameplay, great music, great atmosphere, amazing voice acting, and a good story.

I firmly believe this is one the best action horror game series of all time and was a series that despite being a generation before, did what a lot of PS3/Xbox 360 era games tried and failed to do. The games don't get the recognition for just how ahead of the time they were and are an absolute must-play. This is one of the few series that I firmly believe would do incredibly well if it were to get a remake or reboot today.

Trailer for those interested:

Last edited:
For Sports games, Midnight Club should be ranked higher than Need for Speed. Without Midnight Club, NFS Underground 1 and 2, and even Most Wanted, and majority of other open world racing games, would not even exist. Gran Turismo and Forza should also rank higher than Need for Speed because GT and Forza as a whole revolutionized the official motorsport side of things in racing games including their IRL racing academy as well which has forged Le Mans winning drivers many times. Forza I'd reckon gets recognition because it re-invented the wheel with open-world racing games as a whole.

So for ranking, Midnight Club should be number 3, Gran Turismo/Forza should be tied for number 4 and NFS should be Number 5.
Don't forget this too.

The dark and rich atmospheres and the core story say otherwise, 4th wall implications aside. plus its also free but don't see what has to do with it.
DI is also free
It has a darker and richer atmosphere.
4th wall does not make a story more interesting

Only the Common Route of DI is free iirc, tho even that has more playtime than DDLC.

Tho I reather have some nukige VN as best VN ever than DDLC, but that's just me.

Only the Common Route of DI is free iirc, tho even that has more playtime than DDLC.

Tho I reather have some nukige VN as best VN ever than DDLC, but that's just me.
Right now, on steam, you can get the full version for free
Amantes amentes tho, not the OG version

It has a darker and richer atmosphere.
So does DDLC, and plus I fail to see how a game with just a dark & rich atmosphere and sophisticated dialogue compares to one that also completely subverts and twists the very story itself in a 180 degree.

Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection needs the Dark Resurrection part added.
Original Tekken 5 was plagued by horrendously balanced characters.

Also MUGEN should probably be put on the fighting game list. I know that might be cheating but it's really impossible to deny that its had a impact on the genre.

It technically would be the best anyways, just going by how many people have been messing around with it since the DOS version came out.

Mfs be fighting between DI and DDLC when the actual best VN is Fata 🗿
For me I feel like it's almost a tie between DDLC and Fata, both VN's are astoundingly crystal in emotional impact though Fata's is more friendly in that regard which is a nice bonus.

So does DDLC, and plus I fail to see how a game with just a dark & rich atmosphere and sophisticated dialogue compares to one that also completely subverts and twists the very story itself in a 180 degree.
Where do I even begin
The fact that you think all DI has is sophisticated dialogue means you have not even played it to begin with

Where do I even begin
The fact that you think all DI has is sophisticated dialogue means you have not even played it to begin with
I didn't clearly say it only has it plus you're only assuming at this point, it just doesn't have that subversive turn that DDLC has and I think that's what puts it above DI.

I think I should clarify that the switch version of Guardian Tale is quite inferior to the mobile version for now... as it lacks the best content that the game has, but I still recommend it for trying the GT experience.

Honestly I gotta give Among Us the nod tho. Mafia is way less communication based. I get all my info from what happens at night. However there are so many factors that go into a single Among Us interaction.

Back