• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

It might just be straight up better than Phineas and Ferb ngl.
Take that shit back right now.

Caillou, Wild Kratts, and Bubble Guppies.
Caillou in the big 3:

965508c0f5486090ab83306c7d579816955482ca1d76cb7fda18d23932a5b759-1.jpg

DBGT is overhated and gets hate for basically concepts that is overhyped and praised in DBS. In that same vein however, Dragon Ball worldbuilding is amazing, and regardless if you like GT or DBS or hate one or the other, added to the series. You have many different worlds and people with their own ideology, background, and the life they live
This is too vague for me to hold an opinion.
SW acolyte is unnecessary. We already have over a ridiculous amount of material from how the dark side and sith function from legends on how they fight. But Kathleen had to go “we have no source material”.
I don't think this is a hot take. I know nothing about Star Wars so I don't really have a strong opinion. But the idea that Acolyte wasn't needed seems to be one shared by many fans.

Naruto world is terrible and the series preaches dangerous nationalism and loyalty to a village that either treated you like trash (Naruto), wiped out your entire family and clan (Sasuke), or condemned anyone who decided friends are more important than the village (Kakashi). Konoha is the worst village. At least the hidden mist was honest about themselves where they have their academy students and child soldiers kill each other. But Konoha does massacre and hide it behind as “the best village”. **** them honestly.
I understand where you are coming from but it's not about giving back or loyalty. It's about making the right decision regardless of. The village and it's policies could always change. The blood on your hands from allowing a massacre of your village (the very thing you admit is wrong) won't. Is Konoha the best? Nah. Does that change the duty of it's ninja to protect it? Also no.

Why would I??
P&F is way better.

Isn't it like the most popular kids cartoon of all time?
The big 3 for toddlers/preschoolers shouldn't only be a popularity contest.

If the big 3 was just solely based on popularity, then yes. Caillou can definitely be considered, but imo, you have to be a good quality show for people of that demographic in order to be considered a part of the big 3, and Caillou fails in damn near every category.

The big 3 for toddlers/preschoolers shouldn't only be a popularity contest.
You asked me what MY big 3 was? The original HST/Big 3 of Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach were literally only the big 3 because they were popular. So are we pretending as if I have bad criteria? If you wanna rank the preschooler shows based on quality, then say so. Stop calling it "the X big 3".

Why not throw out Blues Clues, Little Einsteins, or Team Umizoomi at that point? I'm not denying it's popular but big 3??
I'd consider only Blue Clues.

LE and TU aren't popular or good enough to be considered.

Backyardigans and Blue Clues are honorable mentions at the very least.

I'd consider only Blue Clues.

LE and TU aren't popular or good enough to be considered.

Backyardigans and Blue Clues are honorable mentions at the very least.
Team Umizoomi I'm pretty sure is more popular than the Backyardigans. And it's better too in my opinion. Blue Clues probably washes Backyardigans in popularity.

Yet you insist on it being the main way of ranking these shows.
Plus most big 3s aren't going to be subjective anyway.

The only reason why Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece were considered the big 3 at that time because anime was mostly an obscure niche thing that was just becoming localized in America.

Nowadays, the modern big 3 for anime has a lot of options. Hell, I don't even be seeing people say that MHA is part of the big 3 for modern anime, despite it being more popular than most of them.

So I think we can agree on Dora, Barney, and Sesame Street, right?
I think these are easily the most iconic.
Rugrats clears Barney any day of the week, man

What is your opinion on the spin-off/sequel "All Grown up"
Never watched it much, so I don't have much of an opinion. What small bits I saw were passable as far as children's programming goes.

What is your opinion on the spin-off/sequel "All Grown up"
Ik you didn't ask for my opinion, but if I were to be honest...

All Grown Up was mid. It was one of those shows that you watched and kind of enjoyed, but if you were talking to your friends about cartoons and shit, you were not talking about the latest All Grown Up episode.

It was just a show on TV.

Refer to this basically.

Back