• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

I miss whimsycally cool films, I want more of them.
I want more films like Pacific Rim and Real Steel. I want more films that aren't trying to parody something or re-make something. We've been getting too many cinematic universes or attempts to re-create the success of something that is already a thing (cough rebel moon). I just want films that aren't "self-aware" or trying and failing to have some deep meaning and commentary. I want to see more films that aren't based on something that are just really cool and you'd want to watch them again. A film that doesn't mind delving into cliches and cheesiness. The current Monsterverse franchise is doing it and their latest film despite being goofy in some ways ended up getting 600 million. Though again, what I want is more unique and original films, ones that just spontaneously appear and rock everyone's world by being so damn cool. I wanna watch Fall Guy cause it seems to be fun and cool but I did hear it bombed at the box office to everyone's surprise and dismay.

The Boys (Show) >> Invincible (Show)

Homelander (Show) >>> OmnMidman (Show)
I'd say the difference is that The Boys is more of a satire on how supes may behave if the supes are actually bad people or are given too much freedom whilst Invincible is more of a retalling of a superhero universe where the world isn't held in the hands of god-like superheros but is targeted by beings on Superman's level...am I making sense?

Me having nightmares of the Teen Titan's farting in my face after the 8,000,000,000,000th fart joke in a single season
lyric-card-1721232421904-1.png

Back