• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Me trying to explain how Nemona should get minor resistance to possession from signs of her kink for battling popping up during the whole Pecharunt incident:
guy-explaining-meme.gif

Welp...let's see

(1044 One Piece spoilers)
I don't think this should be a hot take but here we are
While the reveal/build-up wasn't good, the Nika fruit is far from a retcon or a plot-hole, people just don't understand that the WG wants the fruit and couldn't give 2 ***** about the user (if you kill the user, a Zoan with a will of its own is going to reincarnate on the other side of the fking planet) until they come close to a potential awakening, expecially since that risks secrecy.
Also G5 is a masterpiece and would have been worth a plot hole AND a retcon regardeless.

"army solo" feats are turbo-dubious to use for skill

4-->2--->5---->1->3 (yes, the number of "-" is intentional and implies a ranking)
if you guessed Jojo parts ranking you'd be right, sadly I haven't got past these yet so I can't speak for the others. If you're wondering, 1->3 is like that because 1, unlike 3, is short

A LOT of the problems people have with the Wheel of Time come down to:
"This character isn't acting the way I think they should, nor are they doing this obviously better thing, this must mean they're stupid and/or insufferable...it can't be the fact that there's a gaping, bottomless hole of pure wrongness right besides my reasoning and I'm just refusing to see it"

These were (I think) the least controverial ones I have currently listed on my computer, if I enjoy this I'll likely post more later

This will be a small rant about Kento Kurahashi from Demon King Daimao.

He is perhaps the character with the biggest wasted potential in the series, and that sucks. He is known as a genius, no, the greatest genius of humanity, putting him above the likes of Yoshie Kita and supposedly unmatched skill in magical combat...but none of that actually ever got showcased. The entire volume 11 and 12 he does a whole lot of nothing, which truly sucks.

It would be beyond amazing if as the greatest magician he could use the most basic of mana manipulation to perform feats deemed impossible, like countering different elemental stuff with basic mana attacks just performed differently and having special understanding of it. But nothing of that sort. Hell, to me he seems the type of guy who uses quantum manipulation and can maybe use magic to deconstruct things on sub-atomic level, yet nothing as grand as that is so much as implied and just my copium.

He basically talks a lot, tries to explain things and even do the right thing, but none of that ever leads to anything. Even his backstory is barely fleshed out and we know nothing about it besides the fact that it centered around Kei Sakura.

So, yeah. Incredibly disappointed by the character and could have been done a lot more things with him.

I don't know why but it's just not that funny or entertaining to me.
Shit was pretty boring for me.

They were some iconic/funny moments (i.e. Omelette du Fromage, as well as the whole entire 'Rude Removal' episode), but other than that, it was never entertaining. It was honestly boring most of the time.

Shit was pretty boring for me.

They were some iconic/funny moments (i.e. Omelette du Fromage, as well as the whole entire 'Rude Removal' episode), but other than that, it was never entertaining. It was honestly boring most of the time.
I meant Ed Edd n' Eddy but yeah that too
Honestly if not for the unusually thick mom I don't think anyone would even know the show exists

Mayo is fine, but I wouldn't actively choose to put it on something.

If it's on something that's already been made ill eat it cause I'm not gonna scrape off the mayo lol.

Back