• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Questionable level design at times but i still like it. Rush Adventure might be better lowkey,,,,
You should look at the Advance 3's level design, full of bottomless pits, questionable enemy placement, and you're more likely to get crushed by moving objects

The majority of shows that are getting hyped up nowadays as something that needs to be watched are usually mid most of the time (i.e. Owl House and Amphibia).
ooh.. this is a take..
ive never seen owl house but it was never something i looked at and thought it was worth watching. also the fanbase is...

amphibia on the otherhand, ive seen most of it and i thought it was pretty good but it's nothing crazy for sure

ooh.. this is a take..
ive never seen owl house but it was never something i looked at and thought it was worth watching. also the fanbase is...

amphibia on the otherhand, ive seen most of it and i thought it was pretty good but it's nothing crazy for sure
Nothing about either show stands out to me.

It's the typical "Quirky teenage girl gets transported to this fantasy world and goes on fun adventures, which later turns into melodramatic storytelling where they all traumatized" that I'm seeing too much of.

You have no clue how happy I was when I saw The Ghost and Molly McGee and that they didn't copy the same tropes Owl House and Amphibia did.

It's the typical "Quirky teenage girl gets transported to this fantasy world and goes on fun adventures, which later turns into melodramatic storytelling where they all traumatized" that I'm seeing too much of.
Highkey agree

The only reason why I watched alot of Amphibia is because my younger siblings would always put it on TV, and I'd be in the room so I'd be there listening or looking if something caught my attention.

I used to be into fantasy shit when I was younger, so having amphibians walking and talking and being somewhat rustic with mossy grooves and mushrooms growing everywhere was something I really ****** with

I must rant about the enshittification of franchises when it gets exposed to popularity, and how it's damn near impossible to touch base on that casually coz it seems elitist or oldhead or whatever.

Take a franchise and let it run on its vehement fanbase for thirty years. The content quality will not always be good (the companies making it can suck) but it's still generally geared towards what the people buying it, want. The contracts are fulfilled.

Enter sensationalism. Franchise enters public eye, and becomes popular (either for being in fashion to like, or because people actually like it). Company froths at mouth, begins to think differently now that they're earning ten times as much. Hands are shaken and perhaps even ownership changes to a new big corporation that now owns this piece of the zeitgeist. The thinking is no longer "how can we produce for the people who like it", it's "how can we appeal to everyone possible". Enshittification has quietly begun.

Products are sanitized and made acceptable by corporate measures, all the while nobody actually likes the product as much as they once did- but this is not important. What's important is that a larger group of people are now mildly displeased with the product, outweighing the loss of sales per person because they like it less. Product quality goes down while acceptability and overall cleanliness of the product increases. Things are adjusted to make them appeal to even more people- even if these new people will like it less, it's still more. More more more. Always.

In other (TOTALLY UNRELATED) news, they're making pay-to-win mobile games for FromSoftware now and Dungeons and Dragons is still putting out the tamest possible content ever. If anybody needs me, I will be contemplating alcoholism as a substitute for my hobbies.

You have no clue how happy I was when I saw The Ghost and Molly McGee and that they didn't copy the same tropes Owl House and Amphibia did.
Go watch Hilda. It's like Gravity falls but the disney toony-ness is replaced with realistic character interactions and pumped up with cozy Scandinavian autumn aesthetic. There's also High Hypersonic mountain-sized Giants.

Go watch Hilda. It's like Gravity falls but the disney toony-ness is replaced with realistic character interactions and pumped up with cozy Scandinavian autumn aesthetic. There's also High Hypersonic mountain-sized Giants.
Hilda was one of the shows that was on my watch radar.

Chariot is the scariest user to go up against in a debate on the site, and it’s not even close.

Like, it’d be one thing if he was just really good at making compelling and logical points (which he is); but I swear the dude can type ******* essays in an hour, all with scans and shit.

I’ve also never seen him lose a debate on here, which I can’t say about any other person. (Not saying he hasn’t lost before, just that I haven’t seen it)

Chariot wrote that.

Chariot is the scariest user to go up against in a debate on the site, and it’s not even close.

Like, it’d be one thing if he was just really good at making compelling and logical points (which he is); but I swear the dude can type ******* essays in an hour, all with scans and shit.

I’ve also never seen him lose a debate on here, which I can’t say about any other person. (Not saying he hasn’t lost before, just that I haven’t seen it)

Chariot at his keyboard the moment someone argues against a jojo character

But seriously I wouldn't argue against Chariot not because I am scared but because it'd be a chore. I am here to have fun, not read an essay.

But seriously I wouldn't argue against Chariot not because I am scared but because it'd be a chore. I am here to have fun, not read an essay.
Per our last debate several months ago, almost a year.

But what the hell, essays with a decent length most likely saves your ass with it's reliably for which it has to offer.

Last edited:

The John Wick of Vs Battle Wiki.

You must not stand on business fr

As someone who appreciates him a whole hell of a lot, Yes.

This thread is an excellent litmus test for seeing who I should and shouldn't interact with more here. Anyways, hallucinogenics should be legalized. LSD in particular has practical medical uses, and I'll openly admit that acid has done wonders for my mental health.
Acid, really?
Shrooms have done so for me, but I was warned that acid was a riskier option

Acid, really?
Shrooms have done so for me, but I was warned that acid was a riskier option
Acid is, in my experience, not too bad if you don't go overboard and know what you're getting yourself into. I've only done 1-2 tabs at a time and that's generally a pleasant experience, and I'm usually not so high that I start thinking my hallucinations are real; More often than not, even if I'm hallucinating some really fucked up shit, I'm able to go "oh right, I'm high off my ass rn" and just disregard it. That said, you should probably have someone sober nearby in case things go bad lol

Maybe I've just been lucky enough to not have a bad trip, idk. Haven't tried shrooms yet, either, so it's not like I can compare the two.

Yosh, first hot take I'm to make on VSBW...

The Misfit of Demon King Academy is better written than its made out to be due to a fanbase mostly on it for its set of powers shown as well as a relatively lackluster anime from a studio that cannot bring out its full potential.

I'd even argue its up there with some of the greats for Light Novels with the stuff put into it (and even beats out some modern and old shounen today for me), just that because in this day and age people can't manage to comprehend between any LN series and protagonist due to the over-saturation of characters (OP or otherwise) done wrongly. Thus, they look at it from a way out of pocket lense. If it was released back then before such an oversaturation, it'd be much more widely accepted.

Not merely saying this as an MG supporter but as someone who's been a hater at first and upon reading it as much as I could, became top 7 if not top 5 series for me of all time. It's not perfect, but it certainly is pretty damn good.

Back