• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

One piece isn’t long enough, i genuinely feel like there’s countless adventures to be had and plenty we still haven’t seen and likely never will. Also the verse doesn’t cap at island level.

Last edited:
One piece isn’t long enough, i genuinely feel like there’s countless adventures to be had and plenty we still haven’t seen and likely never will. Also the verse doesn’t cap at his level.
What bad pacing does to a story.
Hot take

Brawl is the best entry in the Smash Bros series overall. It has the most solid solo content, a good mix of game mode, and a great selection of collectibles. Ultimate edges from a purely fighting game perspective (in terms of balance and mechanics), but overall I vastly prefer Brawl to any future installment.
Subspace Emissary and Snake's butt cheeks are the only things carrying Brawl.

Hot take

Brawl is the best entry in the Smash Bros series overall. It has the most solid solo content, a good mix of game mode, and a great selection of collectibles. Ultimate edges from a purely fighting game perspective (in terms of balance and mechanics), but overall I vastly prefer Brawl to any future installment.
I've played Brawl, Ultimate, and the 3ds version, as well as a little bit of melee iirc, and Ultimate was absolutely not the best in terms of anything but the general amount of maps/characters.

I was gonna say something like "Rare/Uncommon Shmooply W" but that's just common sense tbh
My friend once said he didn't even watch/read Skypiea and I was about to whoop his ass until he elaborated that he didn't have many ways to watch OP back in the day besides 4kids and what not so I forgave him.
Moral of the story is, don't be stupid, never skip the third best arc in One Piece.

exactly, just don't watch it and read spoiler/theories online. that way you can say that you've never watched one piece while also knowing all the cool lore. one of my friends did the same thing, just with dragon ball and yu yu hakusho

exactly, just don't watch it and read spoiler/theories online. that way you can say that you've never watched one piece while also knowing all the cool lore. one of my friends did the same thing, just with dragon ball and yu yu hakusho
My friend has read like 5 chapters, and they're the last 5. He still knows everything that happens because someone else told him.

LRLL was fun even in the anime. I watched most of OP in the anime

and had no real issues with the pacing in regards with LRLL.

I had issues with the pacing in Skypeia (I got incredibly bored of the flashback in the anime), which prompted me to take a huge break from OP, before starting it again, then everything was pretty much smooth sailing until Dressrosa.

And foxy would have unironially beaten Luffy of he didn't have the afro
ls7ukabv8ao91.png

Black Guy Amped Luffy solos.

So true! If Oda stuck with the boxing theme instead of turning it into a gag in the latter half, I think it would’ve been way better and would’ve been received better by the audience.
Boxing fights > anything else ong
I wanna see more fights where Luffy can't access his fruit for one reason or another, he needs to beat the "he cant do cqc without his devil fruit" allegations.

Boxing fights > anything else ong
I wanna see more fights where Luffy can't access his fruit for one reason or another, he needs to beat the "he cant do cqc without his devil fruit" allegations.
I liked how they did this at the end of Film Z. Luffy runs out of Gears, Zephyr's mechanical arm breaks, both get into a slugfest till both get tired.
Didn't he already kind of do that when he was boxing with Kaidou just using his pure fists and Haki

Ye, in some instances.

Last edited:
Hot take.

Syrup doesn't go on pancakes if their half decent. Most quality pancakes taste better by themselves.

Same way how you wouldn't put ketchup on a quality stake.
I would say you just haven't had good syrup.

Also, ketchup doesn't go on steaks in general. Anyone who does that is a psychopath.

What you should put on steak is au povire, which will make even the best steak taste better.

Back