• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

This is literally Sasuke and no one gives him flak for that.
If you really think Sasuke is those three traits and nothing else, you definitely were not paying attention going through Naruto.

Also, Sasuke is far from universally loved. he's arguably the most divisive character in the story right next to Obito. I know more people that hate him than love him.

cooked-this-gem-up-never-cook-or-cook-again-v0-mgszkyfua4cb1.png
If you really think Sasuke is those three traits and nothing else, you definitely were not paying attention going through Naruto.

Also, Sasuke is far from universally loved. he's arguably the most divisive character in the story right next to Obito. I know more people that hate him than love him.
Did y'all not read his post? He literally only said that to make a point.

It's a gross interpretation of Jiren as well but that's not the point. The point isn't whether or not it matches the depths and complexities of the character (I know Sasuke is more than just that) it's about whether the very vague description could match X character. I think simplifying both Jiren and Sasuke to just that is bad but I'm using Sasuke as an example to show why it's a bad interpretation that shouldn't be used in the first place with a more popular & more liked character.

Did y'all not read his post? He literally only said that to make a point.
I read the next post afterward.

the point still doesn't work since a good chunk of people hate Sasuke too tbh.

the main issue anyways is that a lot of the mfs that are reading and watching stuff like DB, Nard, OP, etc, are there for the fights and cool moments and don't wanna look at stuff beyond surface lvl.

I read the next post afterward.

the point still doesn't work since a good chunk of people hate Sasuke too tbh.

the main issue anyways is that a lot of the mfs that are reading and watching stuff like DB, Nard, OP, etc, are there for the fights and cool moments and don't wanna look at stuff beyond surface lvl.
Sasuke is still far more liked than Jiren. As I said, Jiren is often seen as the worst villain in the series.

Not hard rn, cartoons in general are mid. TTG is properly rated mid.
Tbh TTG is a very mid show. They have some episodes where I laugh my ass off, but then some episodes piss me off.

If TTG was airing the same time around when shows like Jimmy Neutron, FOP, Johnny Bravo, Courage, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and other comedic-centric shows were on, then it would be seen as dumpster fire.

Tbh TTG is a very mid show. They have some episodes where I laugh my ass off, but then some episodes piss me off.

If TTG was airing the same time around when shows like Jimmy Neutron, FOP, Johnny Bravo, Courage, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and other comedic-centric shows were on, then it would be seen as dumpster fire.
Exactly. Comedic shows can be great even if not my cup of tea. I don't find TTG as mid entertainment because its not TT, I find it as mid because it's TTG.

Last edited:
Back