• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Kr75jp.gif
I will defend JT till my last breath.

Personally I think that giving up should pretty much never be an option as you'd let down everyone. Imagine turning around, imagine deserting stuff, that's so cringe.

Personally I think that giving up should pretty much never be an option as you'd let down everyone. Imagine turning around, imagine deserting stuff, that's so cringe.
Personally I think that not giving up should pretty much never be an option as you'd embarrass yourself. Imagine looking stupid trying to accomplish a task you know you'll fail, this isn't a manga, that's so cringe.

I really dislike it when a series introduces a pretty interesting concepts but then forgets about it.

I'm currently reading Seiken Tsukai no World Break and reworking/updating the profiles and it has pretty good ideas that often times don't get executed properly or simply forgotten.

The simple idea is that there are 'Saviour's' who are reincarnated people, and can remember past lives, as well as what they did or can do (mana/prana) through dreams. There are two types of saviors, Shirogane (White Iron) and Kuroma (Black Knight). They use prana and magic respectively. Now, the main character has two past lives so he can use both.

Because he can use both prana and mana (light arts and dark arts), he can basically form Yin-Yang Ancestral Arts by fusing them together. Super powerful fusion which is cool...but was literally used once and then forgotten about. Like...why? It's one of the main things that makes the MC special yet was used in 1 fight and then forgotten about, at least so far. Last it was used was in...volume 1. Even I'm shocked how long ago it was. (I'm currently on Volume 8) So, it's just frustrating that a pretty interesting concept isn't explored more.

Genuinely hoping this doesn't become a pattern since the MC now knows what his <Mars> can do (Conceptual Manipulation Type 2 that can sever even the world itself) and <Anti-Soul>. (Reality warping, law and physics manipulating power just by using it in the form of non-existent flame)

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End is incredibly, incredibly overrated. It lacks interesting conflicts and characters. I acknowledge that the themes and writing are overall good but the entertainment value greatly suffer due to how it portrays itself. It's painfully slow, the dialogue isn't catching, and the characters feel very bland. In a way, it almost reminds me of the real world, which isn't really a good thing here. 5/10.

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End is incredibly, incredibly overrated. It lacks interesting conflicts and characters. I acknowledge that the themes and writing are overall good but the entertainment value greatly suffer due to how it portrays itself. It's painfully slow, the dialogue isn't catching, and the characters feel very bland. In a way, it almost reminds me of the real world, which isn't really a good thing here. 5/10.
Its slow pacing and quiet moments aren't really too its detriment. The atmosphere isn't supposed to be high-octane or overly energetic most of the time. I'd compared a lot of it to a slice-of-life anime, at least in earlier episodes (Only on like episode 7).

It's understandable to find it a bit bland, but I honestly think it's a really relaxing and heartfelt watch:), which I assume is what a lot of people enjoy about it.

Wasn't Frieren one of the many animes Twitter shat on for like a week and then moved on to the next interesting thing to talk about?

Back