• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion III: Revenge of the Honest Opinions

I think i said some of these but imma say em

- Justice League is in no way that bad and is probs on par with quite a few of the Marvel films

- Avengers Infinity War may not be that good as it is building on 10 years of continuity and using 80 or so major actors in one film. Combine that with the most hyped up villain in cinematic history and we have a perfect storm considering Marvel

- The Nintendo Switch despite its ingenious mobility is probs the least interesting console due to only having two Exclusive franchises with everything else being ports of games that have been out for years (Doom, Skyrim)

- **** the I Phone X

- 1984 is an overrated novel that attemps to be relevent but has a lack of character development, or a nuanced look at the society of Oceania in any more detail then "Wow this place sucks"

- Dragon Ball Super is overrated and dosent really have anything but endless nostalgia going for it

- DC should use the other New God villains aside from Darkseid (Seriously he was gone for two years or so how did Steppenwolf or Kalibak not have a story in that time, seriously have like a civil war if need be)

- SCP Foundation started off scary and cool but inevitably devolved into making OP Mary Sues of characters who are more like Marvel characters then Eldritch beings (Looking at you 682)

- Snoke was a character with immense potential and could have greatly expanded the Star Wars mythology (Seriously have a solo film for him exploring the Dark Side and what he was doing in that time)

- Killer Instinct is> Mortal Kombat in feats, characters and storyline

- Ivy is the most ovverated SC character and is only popular due to her "Assets"

- The movie Meg looks like trash and is just bigger Jaws without the subtlety

- The Borg are trash and are more ridiculous looking Cybermen

The thing that happened in episode 25 of Gurren Lagan, is far sadder than the thing that happened in episode 8.

Mega Man 8 is actually my personal favorite of the original Mega Man series.

Johnny Cage is the best Mortal Kombat character by far and anyone who disagrees deserves to take a hit from this

I personally think Half Life 2 is overrated; the gameplay feals gimmicky, the plot makes little to no sense, and it's really annoying how people worship it as the holy grail of PC gaming. (I think either The Neverhood or StarCraft deserves that title)

Waluigi is a really interesting character who actually deserves his own game some day.

Pyra is a wayyyy better character than Rex.

Superman looks cooler with a mullet than he does normally IMO

The God Of Procrastination said:
Most deconstructions are bad; Mary-Sue is the best character archetype.
Most "deconstructions" aren't even deconstructions. They are just called like that by people who wants to add a phylosophical meaning to anything they like.

Let me rephrase: Doki Doki Literature club, Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Neon Genesis Evangelion are stupid, and the best character archetype is Mary-Sue.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is severely overated. It's not nearly as dark and morbid as people have made it out to be. But Idk for sure since I dropped in on episode 6. All the characters bore me, with the exception of Homura. Who does seem legitimately interesting.

Mami's death was rather..... meh. When it happened I literally yawned. It was literally like Sheele from Akame ga Kill. Only executed even more poorly, on a character with even less development.

Honestly Hunter x Hunter does the whole starting out cutesy then turning morbid thing far far far better. And Hisoka alone has more character than the entire PMMM verse.

unpopular opinions?

1. seththeprogrammer isn't that bad at powerscaling, and i don't think he's a dragonball tard either infact he's better then 99% of the bais powerscalers on youtube

2. matpat's sans is is ness isn't as bad as people say either, sure it's not true in anyway but it's hardly the dumbest theory that the undertale community has come up with, people just hate it because it's basic idea is insane, his points weren't that bad, i wouldn't even say it's the dumbest thing that matpat has came up with tbh

don't @me

1. SeththeProgrammer is a pretty nice guy, and he does make a few good points in some of his debunked videos. He admitted on the Kirby Vs Buu DB that both characters were downplayed, which is actually true. He also admitted that Kid Buu is not Galaxy level, but Anime Kid Buu is a high up 4-A. But I did here he thinks Zeno should be High 2-A or something along those lines.

2. And I liked the Ness being Sans theory actually. The dumbest thing he has done is probably either Sonic's max speed being 80 m/s, Samus's Morph Ball being underwhelming (He forgot that doing it on a 960 G environment is actually pretty crazy), or Wario being 10 feet tall.

Here's another unpopular game Theory, Mario is Mental actually summarized how feel about Mario's true character. I know Ryukama is going to be triggered, Cal also wants to add sociopaths as a category on his profile just to spite him

1. "Seth is a nice guy"... eh, maybe, but after his passive agressive as **** video against that Ben 10 guy, he doesn't seem to be all nice to me. I don't know him personally so he could've chilled the **** out afterwards.

Dude takes this shit was to personally from what i've seen, and so does his buddies. I mean, i understand wanting to spread accurate information, but making a video on every single person that even has the THOUGHT of saying that Superman is more powerful than Goku is a bit over the top, and his friends actually getting mad at OMM because they "didn't accurately present the characters at their full potential" when OMM's entire premise is "No research, just cool battles" is just lame.

Yeah, yeah, glass houses and what not. But damn man, sometimes this stuff is just supposed to be fun.

(Also "isn't that bad at powerscaling" "Unironically thinks High 2-A to 1-C Dragonball characters are real" ok)

2. My problem with that game theory is how much he STRETCHES the shit out of the theory to make it seem right. Like the Mario being Mental thing is a joke, while this seemed that he was trying to be profound about it.

For example "Sans has a badge, and Ness has a badge, therefore they must be the same character"

Not anything to get worked up about... but still pretty goofy.

@Dark It goes something like this "The cars in the movies Cars aren't actually cars, they are insects that evolved to have wheels and an exoskeleton that look exactly like cars."

We abuse powerscaling on this wiki. A lot.

Long, confusing webs of powerscaling dominate so many verses. It makes finding the original feats more tedious than it should be. It's also hard to rely on powerscaling at times, as 99% of the time the only reason a character is able to defeat another character is solely for the sake of the plot.

Not only that but it defeats the fun of finding feats for a character in the first place.

Also, Kirby totally should've scaled to Magolor back when he was 3-A.

Then let me answer to you with another unpopular opinion:

"It's for the sake of the plot" by itself is not a good excuse at all to explain inconsistencies or weird things. Everything that happens in a story is, by definition, "for the sake of the plot". And inconsistencies happening "because of the plot" is just bad writing.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
A bad fanbase is the fastest and easiest way for a once good franchise to become horrible.
I have to agree, specially if the creators have a ton of contact with said fanbase, that is a recipe for a disaster (Fans attacking writers, writers putting fan content and causing mixed receptions, etc).

I know Bill Cosby said it, but he is right... if you try to please everyone, you are going to fail hard because nobody fully thinks the same way or likes the same stuff in the same amount.

Hmph, casual 3D. To be fair you need to have a high amount of IQ to properly understand the complex relationship of having a waifus. If you love a 3D imperfect humans, your IQ will be significantly lowered.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Here's another unpopular game Theory, Mario is Mental actually summarized how feel about Mario's true character. I know Ryukama is going to be triggered, Cal also wants to add sociopaths as a category on his profile just to spite him
I'm not triggered. However "Mario is Mental" is an incredibly flawed theory based upon countless assumptions, fallacies, dishonesty and all around misinformation in general.

I break this down here, and you can message me on my wall if you wish to further discuss it.

If anyone likes the video though I of course respect their opinion as well.

But if we love real 3D person there's a chance that person will love you back. But if we love the 2D waifu... There's almost a 0% chance they will love you back.

I can't believe we're talking about this. Next!

@Ryukama, ah that's no problem. And there are different Marios technically. SML Mario on the other hand is a pretty abusive father to Jeffy. He actually cares more about him being worth millions of dollars than he is about Jeffy.

Yeah but I mean that's essentially a fan fiction Mario. The real Mario, aside from like one geniune dick move, is a really good guy.

Back