• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Infinite doesn't exclusively mean "unlimited", "with no beginning, point and end", it can also simply mean something really huge, big, but still finite.

For example, an "electric current flowing through a cylinder that extends infinitely" or a "city with infinite angle points" are common usage of the words, in physics at least.

So when you hear a character that states "I HAVE INFINITE POWER" or "THIS REALM IS INFINITELY LARGE" it might not be first thing you think.

Or maybe it is, content creators love to throw that word here and there like it was just a another number when it is really is not.

Infinite doesn't exclusively mean "unlimited", "with no beginning, point and end", it can also simply mean something really huge, big, but still finite.

For example, an "electric current flowing through a cylinder that extends infinitely" or a "city with infinite angle points" are common usage of the words, in physics at least.

So when you hear a character that states "I HAVE INFINITE POWER" or "THIS REALM IS INFINITELY LARGE" it might not be first thing you think.

Or maybe it is, content creators love to throw that word here and there like it was just a another number when it is really is not.

infinity is not a number, but if you want to make an infinite number, put many zeros

People use the words "infinite" and "infinitely" when not referring to infinity commonly?

1. Ranma ½ is the greatest animanga of all time, and there is no debating that. Shut up. It just is.
  2. The "Zero Build" mode in Fortnite: Battle Royale is one of its greatest additions and is infinitely (eh?) more fun than the standard mode for me.
  3. Parasyte -the maxim- is among the worst anime adaptations to exist, and Madhouse should be absolutely ashamed for allowing this abomination that completely ***** on the original manga to come into being. This is also no debating this.
  4. Dragon Ball is boring, now. It was at its peak of hype and fun when Super was still airing, primarily during the Tournament of Power, but now, it is just largely uninteresting.
  5. The UK sucks.
  6. Morbius is the movie ever.

People use the words "infinite" and "infinitely" when not referring to infinity commonly?
Infinite/limitless/Immeasurable/omnipotent are actually surprisingly common ways of expressing an overwhelming amount of something in fiction. More often than not they don't have infinite whatever they are describing

1. Ranma ½ is the greatest animanga of all time, and there is no debating that. Shut up. It just is.
  2. The "Zero Build" mode in Fortnite: Battle Royale is one of its greatest additions and is infinitely (eh?) more fun than the standard mode for me.
  3. Parasyte -the maxim- is among the worst anime adaptations to exist, and Madhouse should be absolutely ashamed for allowing this abomination that completely ***** on the original manga to come into being. This is also no debating this.
  4. Dragon Ball is boring, now. It was at its peak of hype and fun when Super was still airing, primarily during the Tournament of Power, but now, it is just largely uninteresting.
  5. The UK sucks.
Tbh, I actually enjoyed morbius

I say in physics, in your day to day, the common usage is probably the "unlimited" meaning.

But the usage of the "really big" meaning is also pretty damn common, as a hyperbole, that is.
infinity is not a number, but if you want to make an infinite number, put many zeros
That would just be automatically a finite number...

Like, the thing can't just be physically written like "infinite, infinite+1, infinite+2", is something that is best shown inside the concept of limits, in which the limit of a function progressively gets larger with no apparent end.

5. The UK sucks.
1. How does it feel to be factually incorrect?
2. Then just play something with no builds lol. I never liked Fortnite but builds is what made it different. Builds are what made Fortnite well Fortnite. Taking that away is criminal.
3. Compared to Guts, this shit was fire.
4. This is obvious. The mainstream audience left so ofc it will be less interesting.
5. Agreed.
6. Worst or best? Because both are wrong.

2. Then just play something with no builds lol. I never liked Fortnite but builds is what made it different. Builds are what made Fortnite well Fortnite. Taking that away is criminal.
Builds made the game far less enjoyable in the long run, once it was gone there was a large uptake in player retention and size because of it. Builds is what made fortnite players leave.

Builds made the game far less enjoyable in the long run, once it was gone there was a large uptake in player retention and size because of it. Builds is what made fortnite players leave.
Whether or not it made it less fun in the long run, it's literally just another BR without it. Also Fortnite players left as the game got stale. The game wasn't built to last in the long run and builds weren't exactly the reason. I do see how builds did make it less fun but the real problem imo was the kid friendly nature making it full of 7 yr goblin fiends who would kill the vibe. What the game needs rn is a sequel to make things fresh. No respawns was bound to people mad as they couldn't kill back the little camping ******** who shot their ankles out.

Last edited:
What's popular and unpopular depends on wider context. So maybe these opinions are considered unpopular here but popular elsewhere.

Anyway, I think that 🤔 idk I can't think...

people defending DS2 when it's the game that has Frigid Outskirts in it 🗿

yes-giga-chad.gif

Back