• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We still have like, 4 santa profiles but they ain't the real deal y'know?

Seriously, the Mythology characters scaling to modern day concepts was absolutely gut-wrenching, Uni+ Chronos via "creating time" when the greeks thought that time was only a mental construct? Seriously?
I was more so against Myth profiles so much due to the fact that interpretation and gnosis was a thing. These mythologies were pretty much religions, and one of the reasons we don't allow scaling on belief systems is due to the many different branches one can go, how one can interpret or view things etc.

Not only that but there tends to be quite often, pretty long stories, stories that may or may not have been written alongside the actual original myths, etc. Adding something like Hindu figures would be convoluted as hell due to the sheer amount of stories, the varying different versions and interpretations etc. One moment you can be Tier 0, another moment you're getting mutilated by regular humans. Quite common in many mythologies like Greek, Norse, etc.

I agree with your thoughts on Sonic 06 but calling berserk garbage is cringe, especially is you like Sword Art Online

Characters apart from protagonist are very unlikable
what the ****, so you don't like Caesar? Kakyoin? Polnareff? Okuyasu, Koichi, Rohan, Bruno, Mista, Weather or ******* Gyro? I mean sure, you can dislike them, but say that they are very "unlikable" it's just lying lol.

With all your complaints about everything you should just abandon fiction as a whole.
In each new jojo's saga, the previous jojo is belittled to show that current jojo (protagonist in the respective storyline) had more influence.
Dude

Jotaro literally killed Part 4 villain and almost killed Pucci in Part 6

Last edited:
The Witcher 3 is also greatly overrated, shallow roleplaying aspects and progression, subpar looting system and terrible controls and combat; it's decently written and has good graphics, but it's nowhere near "game of the decade" or anything of the sort.
Based
Red Dead redemption 2 is a shit 1995 game with 2040 graphics. If it wasn't this astonishingly advanced in terms of graphics nobody would have given half a **** about it
Not based

I like SAO and Accel World
Berserk is PURE GARBAGE
I like Dragon Ball Evolution, The Last Airbender, Devilman (2004), Fist of the North Star (1995)
SAO is better than JoJo
gus-fring-death-where-does-it-rank-among-most-iconic-ones-television-history-1560329762.png

Anyways I wish Deku (My Hero) didn't have the quirk vestige shit like inheriting the quirks of the previous OFA users. I wish he just stayed with the stockpiling power, using the basic ass power of super strength and speed in creative ways.

Also, it just ******* saddens me how Tier 1 is full of anime girls and boys, I always pictured Tier 1s to be like transcendental, trippy, larger than life beings with intriguing designs and concepts behind them, but half of them are vanilla-ass lolis/big tiddy girls and sadbois. Kinda takes away from the prestige in my eyes
it is because the entire Asian world is on copious amounts of drugs, otherwise how else would we get the giga kekw that is high 1-A atoms

Anyways for my hot takes
FMA 2003 is the by a decent chunk best out of the manga, brotherhood and it, Fite me
World of Final Fantasy is honest to god one of the best FF games
Yu-Gi-Oh is a fun and enjoyable card game, even in today's meta
Tally Hall is the GOAT of all GOATs

SAO is better than Jojo

Godzilla 1998 and Godzilla the Series is better than Monsterverse's Godzilla movies
Godzilla 1998:
  1. Jean Reno as Philippe Roaché is one of the few highlights of the movie.
    • Fun Fact: In the European French dub of the film, Roaché was dubbed by Jean Reno himself.
  2. Hank Azaria as Victor "Animal" Palotti can get a few good laughs at times.
  3. It has good songs (such as "No Shelter" by Rage Against the Machine and "Deeper Underground" by Jamiroquai) and an awesome soundtrack composed by David Arnold.
  4. Some funny moments here and there, such as the "wrong floor!" moment.
  5. A ton of good practical effects and miniatures, like the destruction of Madison Square Garden.
  6. Some action scenes, such as the taxi chase scene, are intense and decent.
  7. Zilla's design was actually not bad as its own creature. However, it was the bad CGI and poor design choices that ruined it.
  8. The opening credits are a good homage to classic monster movies.
  9. The film moves at a pretty good pace.
  10. Zilla's death (while underwhelming) is pretty emotional and heartbreaking.
  11. It could had been better if it didn't have the Godzilla name and was a standalone monster film.
  12. It gave us the great animated series that was more faithful to the original movies and had plenty of unique monsters.

Touhou is bad (I used to like Touhou but I hate it now):
  1. The characters art is "so bad, it's good". In newer games it gets better, but conversely, endings and the Reimu art on title screen look worse with each new game.
  2. Most of characters had overpowered status, and often included as debatable candidates for "The most powerful characters" lists.
  3. Generic plot. Although it gets much more development in the official manga and the lore and background behind the world of Gensokyo itself is interesting.
  4. Twilight Frontier often rushing their fighting games and without patches they don't look good.

-**** NIER AUTOMATA, and I won't even elaborate on this

-Red Dead redemption 2 is a shit 1995 game with 2040 graphics. If it wasn't this astonishingly advanced in terms of graphics nobody would have given half a **** about it
@Unwanteduser48 @Twellas ......this is for you
kiryu-slapping.gif

Yes i know its an unpopular opinions but still for some reason it make me feel uncomfortable and boiling my blood

Undertale's story is generic, and its central gimmick isn't actually original.

Its plot essentially boils down to an overly-determined protagonist winning against impossible odds through the power of friendship, which is overdone in every single anime, manga, and basically most popular media. Boiling it down less, the lore is still shallow in its complexity. The only reason it feels mysterious is because it's spread out pretty evenly across the world, and a portion of it is hidden in game files. Once it's all discovered though, it can be summarized pretty thoroughly in just a paragraph or two.

I was first introduced to the concept of solving problems without violence in an RPG when I played Fallout: New Vegas. In that game, the ending actually differs even more than Undertale's based on your moral choices. Though, that's just my personal experience, the concept of using alternative means to solve problems in RPGs can date back as far as Dungeons and Dragons.

That all said, it's still one of my favorite games of all time, and I enjoy engaging with its community. The subtle humor, bussin' soundtrack, and lively characters which you can get attached to are more than enough to make it an extremely enjoyable experience, and the first time exploring its mysteries is engaging.

I just really don't think it's some magnum opus which invented a new genre with a novel-worthy story like half the internet seemed to be convinced of.
Certainly not something I think is worth giving to the pope, at least. Just an above-average game which took off.

Most Death Battle episodes are decent at best: they are too fast paced and choreography most of the time is terrible.
Death Battle music most of the time is also terrible: lyrically fit, but musically it's just a generic pop rock/metal that destroys every suspence and seriousenss from a fight
Goku vs Superman despite having outdated animation and meh research, is still top 5 best DB episodes of all time.

Back